Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Day 2 on subutex

I finally initiated my subs and feel like my old self again. I tried and tried to taper over a year and seem to be too weak. I was on 100-200mg methadone a day for 3 to 4 years. Took 150mg norco for 4 days and then stopped everything for 3 days and took my first dose. I was on my hand and knees in the yard vomiting and shivering with sweats. I think I was about 25 on COWS. I laid down put the sub under my tongue and in 30 minutes I was a new person or the old me. I don't remember the old me after so many years of use, but I'm clear headed and no withdrawals. Plan to be off subs in 3 to 6 months. I feel hope for the first time in a long time. I realize this plan is not for everyone, but am happy with my program so far. Good luck to all and thanks for being on this forum. Your stories and encouragement have helped so much. I hope my story will help someone. I'll keep posting.
hey there. glad to hear your feeling better. i was so happy on the 28th of last month cuz i got me a few suboxone and tried to detox myself. well ive not updated in couple days and sad to say i relapsed after i ran out of the subs.i feel pathetic and such a loser to have pretty much made it thru the hard part only to fail yet once again.this is the first ive blogged since then. anyway a friend had told me about a dr. that took walkins and helped people who needed help.i was sceptical but without any money i didnt see much choice.my mom took me and paid for it, bless her heart shes been thru alot with me. i was so sick on the hour drive down there, but when i walked in they , the nurses were so kind, they even had a seperate room for me an my mom so i wouldnt hafta sit in there SICK with the other people. the dr. was just as kind an didnt make me feel like a loser, he was real kind and real concerned.he wrote me a 4 day script of subutec which id never had before, ive only over the yrs had suboxone, and made me an app. for monday morning so he could make sure i was doing ok. yeah! he was awesome.anyway update is, i feel so much better, oh lord.now im just gonna work the program,and find me a na meetin somewhere.wish me luck.at least now i feel as if i have people who understand me and my addiction.its been a long, long ride for me and nows the time for me to get off and fly straight. good luck an thanx for sharin your story.
IM ON SUBOXONE  50 DAYS TODAY I FEEL GREAT LIKE I USED TO AND U DONT FEEL LIKE A JUNKIE CUZ ITS THERE I DONT ABUSE IT LIKE I DID PILLS I DONT HAV 2 COUNT MY STRIPS AND I DONT RUN OUT IT HELP ME GET UP AND DO STUFF LIKE I USED 2 ITS A GREAT TOOL TO B A BUFFER BETWEEN U AND PILLS OR H OR WHATEVER DOC
Thanks folks, I was scared to death to try subs because of all the horror stories I've read and negative input on its use. It became my last option as I was going to die in my sleep if I didn't stop the meth. I'm glad to give and hear positive experiences for those who seem incapable of taper. I know this path is for everyone, but thanks for your success stories, I may not have been so scared had I read these before induction. Don't get me wrong, I believe this drug deserves respect and great caution in its use, but I feel great for three days in a row. I forgot what that was like. Thanks again everyone.
Sorry about auto spell incorrect, I meant to say, "This path is NOT for everyone, but thanks for your success stories.
I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Are you getting aftercare along with the subs therapy? Subs can be a life saver if it is used correctly, but you also need a plan and work that plan for your recovery. I wish you great luck with your recovery and I know you will make it. I am pulling for you so Keep on Keepin on. God Bless---Rick
I'm getting every bit of after care I can. Weekly counseling, daily Anonymous meetings, and talking to a successful friend daily. I couldn't get on subs alone and can't stay on this path alone. I want off of everything now, but I'm trying to be humble and listen to everyone. I didn't get addicted over night and I won't get off over night. I'm driving my family nuts by talking about recovery constantly. I'm excited to have made it this far, but I don't want to push them over the edge. This forum has been helpful, thanx everyone.