Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Day 2 withdrawaling from roxy's

I have been addicted to painkillers for about 2 years. I would take about to 120  mg a day of roxys, and even at a point started snorting them. I stopped may times but the withdrawal are very strong. Even tried suboxone, but then got hooked on that then went back to roxys. I descided im going to do it cold turkey and just smoke weed all day. Day 1 wasnt too bad, it was new years day and i was havinga couple of drinks which helped. Day 2, i thought i wasnt going to get out of bed , stomach pain, heartburn, sweats ... i hate it. What are some of the things i can do to ease my withdrawals and occupy the time? ill be honest this is by far the haardest thing i ever had to do.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi and welcome to the forum.  For starters i wouldnt be drinking or smoking weed.  That isnt going to help any.  Check out the health pages on the right hand side of the page.  You will find either the Thomas Recipe or the amino acid protocol.  Getting some good supplements in you will help.  Drink plenty of fluids and try and get up as much as you can and move around.  Immodium will help the runs if you have that.  Take warm baths or showers for the aches and pains.  Aftercare is very vital to our success in recovery.  There is always an underlying reason that we use.  The more you keep yourself busy the quicker this part will go.  It is no fun but you can get thru this.  Keep posting       sara
Do all those vitamins and over the counter medication help? Because i tried a few, and was dissappointed.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I think they do.  I take Ester C, B-12 and B-6.  You dont notice it right away but with time they help.  Many take the aminos and say they have good results.  Which ones have you tried?
b6, b12, mutlivitamins ... is there anything that will help the sweats? besides baths.
and valium
COMMUNITY LEADER
The sweats just are a time thing.  When i cleaned up it was early spring and the weather was warm.  I would go outside and sit in the sun wrapped in a blanket.....It didnt last real long.  How much valium do you take?  Gotta be careful with that.
2mg valium a day.. i know its not good to over use.. Thankfully i know a lot about addiction and the baggage that comes along with it..just stupid to not use it to my advantage... i v been in a rehab for 2 years in-patient when i was 14... and relapsed at the age of 17 .... this time i dont want to wish or pray ,, i m just going to do it.. regardless how crapy i feeel... i ssaaw ur post ...about being positive...i agree ..thats the most important part...being mentally strong, and give yourself positive reinforcement
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes you are going to do it.  Sounds like you have been down this road before.  Nothing bad comes from being positive.  You can do this girl!!  We are here so lean us.......sara
Girl, you got a heart! lol... thank you lots..ill keep posting

Kay<3
I was taking them to get high started with vics, then percs then somehow landed on roxys and oxys. had lots of family issues going on ...and for some reason they made it all go away..jus for a short period of time ofcourse. The pills changed me drastically and i hate that. Cant be a victim no more ...so im doing it turkey ..and yea i just bought some vitamins and imodium , it'll take a while for it to start having an effect, i too take 2mg dose of valium just to ease the crazy anxiety feeling in my chest.. anxiety gets me really bad and hits me very spontaniously..all of a sudden i will just react to something completely irrelevant and have a spasm./ It ***** ...espcially to the people around me...thanks mika , great to know your not the only one who was or is stuck on a lonely boat for about a week or two  id say.
COMMUNITY LEADER
If you have anxiety issues i would stay away from caffeine.  If you like Gatorade that is good to drink during the wd's too.
good to know, no wonder iv been drinking lots and lots of vitamin water