Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Day 3 no opiates wish me luck!

I'm on day 3, certainly not easy, but I'm determined to make it work!  No more oxy IRS for me! I don't want another opiate. All of my energy has come from them for years and years now. I lost a lot of people I loved in the past 2 years. More than phyiscal pain I used them to help me with the emotional pain. Looking forward to crossing over the hump tomorrow I hope. Take care all and thank you guys for being here for me!
Silkie, i've been there and doing that without part now, struggling through each 24 hours, getting easier. I'll chat with you in a while, I'm workin atm.

Just seen Eva on, So glad to see her.  She is a tough cookie, and blazes a great trail.
That's awesome, great job!! The first 3 days are always the worst. Keep your chin up and press on it gets much better. We are all very proud of you, life  is so much better when you don't have to be dependent on something to give you the energy to make itthrough the day. Good for you!
Thank you just feel so yucky today! I'm worried about the holidays coming up, how will I ever get through this!
I am on Day 4 and I feel so much better already!! The multivitamin and imodium are really helping me and I feel my enengy coming back!!  Don't give up it gets better and the holidays will be much better with a clear head.  Good Luck!!
Thank you! So looking forward to the new me!
You might start feeling better now. I felt better after 4 days after detoxing from 6 months of heroin use. They say those are the worst w/d's to go thru. They were but thank God they didnt last long. Now almost 2 months later I feel great.
Oh good for you! That is really great! You look young, I feel so old right now, I'm 57 and feel pretty stupid for being in the shape! The no eating is bad, I feel so frail anyway, my daughter is going to pick me up some ensure today. Maybe that will help!
Congrats silkie!! You are on the right path.  Keep on fighting and try to get some form of aftercare going.  The physical aspects of withdrawal are tough but the mental is extremely challenging.  With some form of aftercare in place u will be ready for the next battle. 4 days wahoooo !!
Day 3 woohoot!  You are soooo close! You are doing great! Try not to let the stress of the holidays take over.  Easier said than done but seriously baby steps for now ok?  
Hey there, if you can keep control of the negative thoughts and self doubt, you will be able to do it.  I am on day 5.  I don't feel great, but today I don't feel like I am going to die.  Day 3 was awful for me, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, cold sweats, achy body, I didn't want to talk or be near anyone.  So you are doing great!  You are up and on here.  If you want this you can do it.  You have made it through the worst of the physical stuff by now.  It's the mental stuff that's the trouble.  Like the upcoming holidays!  I keep wondering how I am ever going to make it through because I haven't been clean for a holiday in years, but I made a list of everything I lost, as I was spending up to $180.00 a day and trust me I don't make that much.  I also made a list of what I could still lose and every time I really want some or have talked myself into just taking a few to take the edge off.  Or those wonderful thoughts of well maybe just for thanksgiving, I will take a few and make it through the day, I read my lists.  This has been working for me.  I also recorded my withdrawal days this time and how it affected myself, my family, my work and my friends and I go back and look at that.  It helps.  If you have had enough, you will be able to get through this.  You really need someone to talk to.  Good luck!  You are amazing for doing what you have done already!  
Omg thank you so much! I going to read your words over and over!
Congrats on Day 3! You cant worry about the holidays now. Right now its one day at a time. Sometimes one hour at a time. And thats OK. Whether you believe me or not you will feel like you again! I know the meds gave you this super confident power and stuff-but your brain just needs time to re-learn how to do it without the opiates. And it will. I cant stress enough that you will also need a long term plan in place at some point to maintain sobriety. Build a support group around you. I know right now youre just trying to get thru this physical stuff but in hindsight this was the easy part. Its the mental that gets ya! Make sure you have completely cut off your supply/source to these pills!!.Be patient with yourself and your body right now! I know you will be OK. (((hugs)))~Bkitty
If there is anything I can do to help let me know.  Each of us are all different and have different ways of doing things.  Many people are going to offer you lots of ways of "helping", take what works for you and leave the rest.  Everyone detox's at different rates and severity due to age, body size, how much they were using, what they were using.  All you need to do is make it through each hour.  I read all these posts and people who say 'never again' and I hope someday I get there, but all my thoughts are about doing it again, wanting it and how will I survive without it.  But I have been told that decreases after time.  You are doing fabulous!  You see the damage, you know you have to stop and you made a choice.  You are awesome and I feel for you and am very proud you are sticking to it.  
Congrats on Day 3!! For me Day 3 was the worst but I still managed to get up and out. Just don't lay around and go for a walk or to the store...you'll feel so much better if you do! By Day 4 I was high on life! Day 5 the depression got me a little bit but that's because I laid around (don't do that:)! You're doing great and you're about to be over the hump!! Great job in taking your life back!
Hey there thanks for your thoughts.  I haven't been out of my room for more than a bath or going downstairs for water for 5 days.  Just don't have the energy.  But that's because I am not doing anything.  I just figured that out because of you.  So  I am getting up, getting dressed and going outside!  Thanks.
Thank you all so much! My beautiful daughter came to visit and we even walked outside! That was a blast to feel the sunshine even for just a few moments on my face! Still can't take the cold right now! But all these great words of wisdom I know I can do this. I got myself red flagged so I did burn my bridges. Can't go back even if I tried and that's a blessing in disguise,
Love you all!
Hey there how you doing?  I have to shut down for awhile.  kids will be home soon.  Just thought I would see how u were.
Thank you for checking on me, a bit tired this afternoon, but I was more active today. Maybe I'll sleep longer tonight. Been up since 3am. Lol hope you are doing well!
Hi Silkie ,  Your doing great , Almost thru the tuffest part of detox. The tired goes away little by little . Sleep will return the same way . Remember that drug use & detox are hard on our body & mind and give your self a good 30 days to feel near mornal again .
By the way your a young pup at only 57 but it does take a bit longer to heal 100% .  .........Ron  
Big grin! Lol thank you Ron!
Hang tough bud.  Snoop our previous posts, back when we came draggin in, then PM us.   We've been through it.  

Bit longer, LOL Ron ................  why i said snoop,   A few of us have been around the block more than once.  
Thank you! Yep not easy but don't have a choice! I have to do this! And I have to make it and I will! Thank you all  for your help! Priceless!
All the girls on here are so young and sweet, to us ol' farts, so innocent and honest!  Those lil' sweethearts will lay it  on you till you are wide open, and we need that.   This is a great website.  

To thine ownself be true and always be HUMBLE!
Hey there.  How are things today?  I hope you are doing better.  
day 6 for me and all I can think of is why I am doing this????  Are you seeing your daughter today?