Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Day 4 - I feel pretty good, how are you?

This must be my lucky day, I get to start a question!

Good morning, my fellow withdrawers.  (Anybody got a better name than "withdrawers"?)  How's everyone?
Sorry that posted twice.

I am here, and hanging in there. I am on the W.coast, and I also didn't get up until 9am today. So the time difference is a bumber.

Allisa - YOU can do it. All you have to do is take it ONE MINUTE, ONE HOUR, ONE DAY AT A TIME. I know how that sounds, but it is true. I didn't think I would make it on day 3. I know how hard it is. I didn't make it my 1st time. It was easier to just give up.
YOU can do this. You just have to make a goal for each day. You have to just make it to the next day, and then the next.

I know how hard this is for you right now. Think about the FUTURE and stay strong. You already know where this path is leading. YOU have to BELIEVE in YOURSELF.

All it takes is you promising yourself that you won't use today. Then carry that on to the next.

Once you get over the HUMP of day 3 and 4, you will be FREE. Those are the hardest days.

Even if you just make a promise not to use in the next hour, and then the next, and the next. The days will pass and you will feel so good.

Allisa you have to BELIEVE in YOURSELF, because you are worth it.
You really have a great chance to be clean. There is never a good time. But it can always get worse. The more/longer you use, the harder it will be.

Take it a minute at a time, you can do it Allisa,
Chezz
Amen to that.Being clean is far much better than chasing that empty high we all are guilty of looking for.You are healing as we speak.I wish I had your strong will and you have made this forum a much more informed place to come,
               Thanks Chezz,
                    Bmac
I know this is hard for everyone. Withdrawling sucks.

You can make it easier and better though. You have to exercise, walk, eat ect.

The sooner you get out, the sooner you will FEEL better. I know how hard that is. I am going through it too.

We have spent so much time trying to get these pills, we don't know how to live without them.

You have to fill that time that using took up and do something positive with it. If you fill that "time" with dwelling on not using, it is going to be so much harder.

It's day 5. And I am done. I am moving on. I don't feel 100% and probably won't for a while. But I will not let this get me down. I will not DWELL on this and wondering when it is going to stop.

You have to fill that "time" somehow. Getting pills was exhausting for some.

How you fill that time will determine whether you will go back.

Keep positive, Mind over matter,
Chezz
Hey you..

I am your cheering section.  I am so proud of you and happy for you..

sheila
Just trying to find info about addiction and withdrawals. I've been on loritabs for over 2 1/2 years since a car wreck. I've been off and on with them since and have never had any problems when I was off them until now---have the leg cramps, can't sleep all the good stuff. I'm so glad to find out I'm not nuts and that all this is normal. I know I drive my family nuts with the mood swings from all this. I haven't reached the point to quit I finally see the surgeon next month and then I'll start true withdrawals. I'm marking this spot just so I'll have other people to speak with that understand. Thanks
To everyone struggling with this.

This is hard, w/d's suck. But all it takes is one pill and you are back on the rollercoaster and will have to go through all of these W/D's again. Start/stop/start/stop........

The cycle has to end sometime. And that sometime is now. There is never a good time to go through this. When you are 2-3months clean, you will realize that it wasn't so hard, that it is alot better chasing sobriety, than another pill.

I have said this a 1000x's. You have to WANT it. Even if you have to trick yourself. When you want to make that call, or visit to get pills, put it off for an hour. Then another....Then another.

Do whatever it takes. We all know were this road leads.

I wish this was so much easier.

Nothing is going to stop me. I want to be able to look myself in the mirror and FEEL that PRIDE inside once again.

I want to LOVE MYSELF again. I WILL do WHATEVER it takes.
My life isn't going to jump back into my lap.

We all are going to have to EARN it.

Chezz