Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Depression after withdrawal :( Anti-Depressants??

So my question to all of you is, When do things turn around...I'm noticing myself feeling a slight bit better, but i dont feel any progession with each day or any of that...I'm taking vitamins like crazy, and it seem that i've become addicted to orange juice since quitting the pills lol..A healthy and tasty alternative :) yet so bad for teeth*damn me working in the dental field*
But really though, Have any of you noticed a difference at a certain day, I know everyone is different, and i know we can rush this processes we did it to our selves, But i have NOO motivation and some days i just wanna go home and cry :( That isnt me..I wanna be fun again BOOOOO!!!
Have any of you started anti depressants?? Did they help??

Love Always,
Molly :)
read my post cominginoutofthedark....I work in a professional office as well..and have been off hydrocordone 1 1/2 months now...there is going to be a day that suddenly u notice when u wake up ..u have a feeling of energy and have some motivation...i promise..I would do the same thing u did ..i couldnt wait to get off work to run home and jump in bed and cry ..begging for this dark feeling to just go the hell away..it will..hang in there..i know it takes every ounce of energy just to smile..i know i have been there..still am..just farther away everyday..there are so many people like u and I who are going thru this...stay postive..
Reported Report SpamAbuseDuplicatecominginoutofthedark  
14 minutes .To: anyone making that frist step.Its been 1 1/2 months I am off of Hydrocordone..I was on it for almost 2 years and my doctor cut me off ...I had no choice but to stop cold turkey, yes the first two weeks were the hardest..especially at night...isomnia sets in..but then one day you wake up and you feel good, engergized, and smile..it doesnt hurt to smile anymore..you find yourself not climbing into bed at 2 pm..wishing, begging for sleep to happen so u can get to another day away from hydrocordone..you suddenly dont feel like gloom..you  start cleaning your house which has been neglected..and actually smiling and playing with your children again..i started walking after work 2 miles everyday..then one day i get a call from a friend who has a pill bottle of hydrocordone..and i said "NO" i asked her not to call me ever again to see if i wanted them..I never want to go thru that dark bad place again,,it hurts way to much to go back..i finally sleep well at night..dont get me wrong the craving sometimes creeps up..but i push it away by exercising or calling a friend ..its always going to try and creep up..its always gonna be a fight..but i have made it this far and plan to distance myself even farther.God Bless to everyone who is making that first step..there is hope
hi,
i was on antidepressants before, during and for some time after detoxing from pain pills.  i was VERY depressed somedays in the beginning, at least for the first 60 days.  I actually didnt really start to feel better until after getting off the antidepressants and xanax. If you do decide to get on antidepressants, just make sure you research them first because they could be quite difficult to get off of as well.  I also know from personal experience, my addict mind sometimes tries to tell me lies that i was more fun when i was high, so reminding myself what it actually was like helps me snap out of it.  Congrats on your clean time, you are doing great, even if it doesn't always feel like it. :)
Hi Molly,

I am at 110 days, and while my emotions are not perfect, I find that exercise has been the key for me.  I gummed up my gimpy chassis again on the job a little and missed a week in the gym.  I felt not too positive to say the least.  Been back at it for a few days and it seems the clouds are gone.  Everyone is different, but for me at 110 days or so, my mood is a lot better.  Hang in there.

Bryan
I am so glad to hear someone else became addicted to ok also!!! I couldn't stop drinking it lol
I started on anti deppressents soon after detoxing - had been off and on them for many years prior. The one problem I had with them was doc put me on Prozac then we switched to Zoloft. Just remember your body is going to take awhile to adjust to being off pills and there will be some down and up days and it also take upto 2 monthes for you to feel effects of anti des.
This time of year is hard also( depending where you live) with there being less sunlight so be sure to try to get out into a few times a day.
Best if luck in you journey
Addict to oj lol