Aa
A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Depression or Drug Use?

How do I know whether I am looking at clinical depression or evidence of drug use? I don't want to make false assumptions but I would respond to one differently than the other.  If my son is clinically depressed, my expectations of him being self supporting are different than if he is using heroin ( he claims he no longer is). I just don't want to perpetuate the problem by enabling him to continue use, if that is what it is. How can you know for sure?
86 Responses
What came first...the chicken or the egg?  Who knows the answer better than the addict himself?  The point is...he is going to have to come to grips with his problem and you are obliged to be patient until he does. J.B.
Is he always down? or does he get down, then sweaty an agitated, then finds an excuse to "run an errand," then returns home in a completly tranquil, relaxed or even sleepy mood, and suddenly thinks the world isn't such a bad place after all? And then, does the cycle start all over again the next morning? Might be a clue.
Sorry to interupt but I have another question about L-Tyrosine.I took it again today (remember I am an addict) and feel great. I just feel a sence of well being. This is very good considering I don't feel that way all that often. My question is this. How often can I get away with taking this and are there any sisde effects? I take 3 1000mg tabs....Thanks guys, Chad
Thanks to all responders. Patrick, you hit the nail on the head. Those "errands" are going to kill me (and him, too.) Thanks, Casey
4grams 3 times per week(spooks recipedium for natural cures)
side EFFECTS ARE INCREASESED ABILIYT TO GET A DEEP DARK 'SEXY' SUNTAN So my re`v`9c)ommendo-sasions is take care  TAKE CARE OR NEXT ADICITION IS SEX ARE YOU WILLINg(willy''''''''0) YO BECOME`A ADDICTED TO se`X` it ha~r "i")singular),have beem their AIDS <SYPOHIILIats(trendY,d),gonerrelality ,herpies,Aids,Demoralization,genital warts HCV and other thet eill just plain scare ypou shitless use a CONDOM.Sorry ;N
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]MASSIUVE EGE MASSIVE eGO]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]have lost the thread do thikz(k-v*-) may o/e maynot make any senseshioulfv`not typr onve==or-sex=mc^2 pdyciabnemrede,psychadelics,my mind is bursrtindz trrough this crappt unicverse Quantum Universesz have immense meanind,sorry 800micos is a bit to mushz to typoze csenes.
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.