Drug interraction between Methadone and Paxil

I have been on Methadone maintenance for almost 3 years and have abstained from all other drugs and alcohol.  I have been experiencing feelings of depression and feeling overwhelmed and would like to try an anti-depressent.  I took Paxil, briefly while in College.  I had a good result and remember no sexual side effect.  Is there a negative reaction when Methadon and Paxil are mixed?  Will it show up on a drug screen?  If Paxil isn't an anti-depressent I want to consider, is there another one that I should discuss with my physician?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes, I agree with that, I SHOULD know all that. Since I don't, that's why I'm asking. My clinic seems to hire good sensitive, creaative, intelligent educated people, often with no addictions themselves, and lets them learn on the job. Life is full of people who are learning the jobs they are doing, I have found! But I Really Do want to help my patients with withdrawal, especially from 10 mg on down to getting off, and the next few weeks after that. I can't seem to get my own question going, so anyone who has any personal experience to share with me about what helped them, I would be Most Grateful for! Maybe I'll get my own question sometime.
Helpful - 0

As Hippee mentioned above, it is best to try and post questions around 8:00 till 11:00 am Eastern.  There is a two question per day max(usually), except sometimes weekends will vary(sometimes only one or none at all).

percs
Helpful - 0
BUT!!!  On Thursdays it is best to post between 3:00 AM and  3:02 AM  Greenwich time  but you may ONLY use lower case letters during that time.....and make sure you have a Mets hat on backwards while chewing Juicy Fruit....Mondays:  FAGGEDABOUDIT.   Fridays are the one day you may get to post, but of course, I'm not talking about THIS forum.......LOL

Oxic----How the hell ARE you??  I'm going through Canuck withdrawl here.........:-)
Helpful - 0
I'm speechless.
Helpful - 0
LMAO

...It's move day!!!!
Just having my coffee and off we go.........yeha.

Appears i'm in the penalty box, above.

You remember my friend with the liver/kidney deal a while back; well this week he woke up one morning coughing up large volumes of blood........another trip to ER, found blood clotting in his lungs and pneumonia.  He is on the mend again.  Another crazy week.

I hope you are having a great weekend; and maybe we should break the "silence" this week???

I'll mail u en la manana.
Helpful - 0
Oh My God! I can't beieve this place,  God, GET A ROOM howabouit!
LOL JK Oh I forgot I already have one! Excuse me
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community