Drug interraction between Methadone and Paxil

I have been on Methadone maintenance for almost 3 years and have abstained from all other drugs and alcohol.  I have been experiencing feelings of depression and feeling overwhelmed and would like to try an anti-depressent.  I took Paxil, briefly while in College.  I had a good result and remember no sexual side effect.  Is there a negative reaction when Methadon and Paxil are mixed?  Will it show up on a drug screen?  If Paxil isn't an anti-depressent I want to consider, is there another one that I should discuss with my physician?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yeah!  That display of affection was an abomination!  And in a public forum like this?  Yes, get a room!
Damn.  A guy gets his MIL outta the way and PRESTO, these groupies come out of the woodwork.
Bill, I appologize for their behavior.  Simply unacceptable.

Helpful - 0
Thanks for watching my back. Groupies are one thing I am usually watching for, but this?????????????? Man, watup wit dat?
I guess we'll have to add 'Canadian' to our vocabulary now! LOL
Helpful - 0
I hope all is well in the north.

So sorry to hear about your buddy. I hope everything works out for him. It is hard to hear stories like that and just wish that there was something you could do to ease the pain.

Chezzz
Helpful - 0
Hey Guys, I'm just clearing space so we can have that Reunion(or Union i guess) this summer.  

Chezz, thanks for the kind words!  Everything up here is cruising along.  My buddy has been through more than most people will ever go thru, and he still doesn't *****.  He is a tough mother ******, so i'm sure he'll pull through.
MIL is doing well, and as of right now....in her own apartment and working up here....waiting for her immigration to go thru.
Sober just over 7 months for her!!!

Still dealing with my buddys' estate "stuff", and that seems to pull me down every time,but trying to move forward.

I hope your hangin in my almost Canadian friend!!!  Always great to see you posting!!!

percs
Helpful - 0
(Don't say union around Peaz)!  LOL
Oh I am in trouble now.............
Helpful - 0
Percs,

You are a testament to those people out there that think they can't go on in life without the aid of opiates to "help" you get through the hard times.
You have been through the worst and still have made it through pill free. CONGRATULATIONS are in order.
I am so happy to hear about your MIL. YOU have a lot of involvement in why she succeeded, you should be proud of that. Cause I know I am envious of you to be able to help someone go from the depths of despair to recovery and beyond, all with your help.

Keep it up Buddy,
Chezz
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community