Aa
A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32.1k Members

Fibromyalgia

I have fibromyalgia ,for about 16 yrs..hydrochodone helps so much with the symptoms. I've tried to go off it several times but either wasn't successful or went back on it due to fibromyalgia symptoms . Now I'm needing more and more taking 4-6 daily just to function . I don't know what to do. my daughter is a nurse and says that I also have to be true to myself and the pain I suffer. But I feel like I'm in "such a trap" and I hate it!
Any one have any advice for me? Idid thing I might go see a pain management doctor after Christmas ..
1 Responses
Foxy I was on hydrocodone also. 10mg 4 or 5 times a day. It was for nerve pain. It got to where it was not doing me any good. I quit over 2 months ago and my pain is less than it was when I was taking it. The pills mess with our own receptors and get then out of balance. It takes a while for them to start working again. When you first stop the pain is worse than when you started the pills then it gets better as they begin to heal. The Dr. put me on Lycira but the side affects were to bad for me. I just take Advil. Believe it or not that is working for me now. The pain management Dr. said to take 3 ever 4 to 6 hours. Keep posting and someone will on here that can help you better than I can. God Bless you
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.