Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Fibromyalgia

So the doctor just diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and I don't know what that means or what to do about it.  Does anyone here know more about it.  I have been trying to do research on the internet.
I supposedly have that as well...it is kind of vague...muscle aches that can't be diagnosed...found this

Introduction
You hurt all over, and you frequently feel exhausted. Even after numerous tests, your doctor can't find anything specifically wrong with you. If this sounds familiar, you may have fibromyalgia.

Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition characterized by widespread pain in your muscles, ligaments and tendons, as well as fatigue and multiple tender points — places on your body where slight pressure causes pain. Fibromyalgia is more common in women than in men. Previously, fibromyalgia was known by other names such as fibrositis, chronic muscle pain syndrome, psychogenic rheumatism and tension myalgias.

Although the intensity of your symptoms may vary, they'll probably never disappear completely. It may be reassuring to know, however, that fibromyalgia isn't progressive or life-threatening. Treatments and self-care steps can improve fibromyalgia symptoms and your general health.

If you go to wait2longs profile look in her journals, she has some good info on it .I believe there is a fibro forum as well you can check out .
Thank you for the input.  I appreciate it.  Now I know why I am still hurting and not having withdrawals.  I am supposed to have some sort of procedure done next week.  Will see if that helps.  What do the drs do for you?
I have had a several patients with Fibromyalgia and the one thing that I would do to help with there pain was deep tissue massages. the patients I had swore by it and said that it help more than anything that the dr.'s gave them. so if that helps any

medic
Thank you!  I will check out the fibro forum and wait2long's profile.
massage works wonders for me as well
deep tisue massage or Myofatia (spelling) release
Thank you for the idea of massages.  I have had massages and it doesn't take care of all of the pain, but it does help somewhat.  I haven't been in awhile.
How do I find wait2long's profile?
Go to my friend list...find her and click on view profile
Thanks, I found her on the side where it said recent activity or something like that.
So I went to the fibromyalgia forum and no one is there.  People post like every other day or something there.