MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Former Hydrocodone user, recurring withdrawal symptoms months later?

I used to use hydro (cold water extracted) daily for 3 weeks in June 2007 until i had a panic attack. The depressed breathing scared me ******** when I thought my heart skipped a beat. Soo, I quit cold turkey and went through some serious withdrawal symptoms for about a week and a half. The thing is, now every once in a while I get these very weird feelings as if I'm going to faint and my heart beat is very faint or something is just terribly weird. I get tightness in my jaw and my sinus gets clogged. Thing is I can workout and exercise and I'm completely fine. I feel like **** right now because I can't get back to my healthy state of mind since I have this looming over my shoulder.!
I'm just wondering is it possible that I am still having recurring withdrawal symptoms from the hydrocodone? I've been clean ever since July 2007. In addition, this seems to happen after I drink heavily (alcohol) like a few days after, however, my blood tests and liver results are normal. Could hydrocodone have damaged my gastrointestinal system?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
agree with flmagi..i would get checked by a doctor...3 weeks of use is not enough to cause long term probs
Helpful - 0
Not likely that 3 weeks of Hydro has caused any of these problems you're feeling. I would suggest you have your heart checked by a doctor.
I'm 99.9 % sure you're not experianceing recurring withdrawel symtoms, there's something else going on there.
Good luck.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community