HOW DO I SLEEP

IM ON DAY 11 WD FROM OPIATES.  I FELT MORE ENERGY ON DAY 5 THAN I DO TODAY.   I GET SO TIRED SO EASILY AND CANNOT SLEEP AT NIGHT.  SHOULD I FORCE MYSELF TO DO MORE TASKS DURING THE DAY? I  AM FOLLOWING ALL THE RULES OF WD...FEEL GOOD IN THE HEAD BUT PHYSICALLY DRAINED.  AM I NORMAL?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey maria!  I know how you feel.  The first week or 2 after I left the detox center,  I felt pretty good.  I feel worse now than I did then.  I dont really understand it.  I have no energy whatsoever and im still struggling with the cravings and a little depression.  Just BLAH!!  I hope I dont feel like this forever.  Have you been taking any vitamins?  I know they are really bad for you,  but I drink alot of energy drinks and they help me so much.  I guess they are better than the alternative... :)  I take liquid B12 vitamin also.  There are so many vitamins you can take along with excersise, that will help you with your energy.....  Hope you feel better soon!  :)
Helpful - 0
MELATONIN.......have you tried it?  it has to be the sublingual kind from GNC....don't buy it from the drugstore.  That stuff is [email protected]

Please give it a try.  You can also throw in some tylenol Pm too.

I hope you get some sleep soon.

Luv,
Nauty.........
Helpful - 0
for years BEFORE taking drugs i could never sleep. so instead i learned classical guitar chemistry etc, kind of used it as a double life, if you cant sleep but can still function, just do some stuff you love maybe, download music ( thats my current thing ) or whatever, no sleep is only a problem if its a problem ( make sense ), if your worn out and still cant sleep thats a real pain in the arse i fully understand that too, i have heard that GOOD melatonin as stated above is good, you can also use antihistamines like for allergies things like polaramine phernergan even doxlamine they are not addictive and they only work for about a week but they sure as **** make you VERY sleepy
Helpful - 0
Diphenhydramine is the med in Tylenol PM that makes you sleepy which is the ingrediant in Benadryl,,so instead of taking all that Tylenol take Benadryl instead. Also take one or two Benadryl with a Melatonin that usually works well with me when it comes to sleep.  Good luck
Helpful - 0
the aminos and vitamins can help lots with the energy and exercise is the key ingredient for me...if u r not sleeping, this could be alot of it and lack of sleep can make u weak...talk to ur doctor about the sleep problems if u have already tried the herbs and OTC meds like tylenol pm...hang in there...hold on tight
Helpful - 0
Benedryl worked for me and I was horrible.  I used to watch the sun come up.  I just went to good ole Wal-mart and bought their generic brand.  Worked fine for me, except you feel grogy when you wake up.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community