Aa
A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32.1k Members

HOW DO YOU HANDEL PEOPLE ACCUSING YOU ?

Hi, I have 161 days today from all opiates ! My mother is convinced I''m on pills again , I'm not sure how to handel this , i told her i would take a drug test right now in front of her and she wanted no part of that , my husband has also been sober the same amount of time . I have been thinking of this all day. I really can't think of anyway to change her mind and a part if me is angry that she is taking my clean time away from me , she told me she felt sorry for my innocent kids , now that pisses me off ! Another reason this bothers me so much is because i know she is telling my whole family and it's not true ! what do i do ? have been digesting this and all i've come up with is ....screw yourself ( our relationship is different) lol but i love her and her approvel means something and i will miss her , she has already lost one daughter to addiction (*missing for 3 yrs to oxy) literally missing ...any suggestions would help , thanks
1 Responses
2126606 tn?1346345124
Go get a drug test and bring her the results. But the most important thing is that "you " know the truth and being sober makes you a winner regardless what the world thinks. Congratulations...
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.