MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

HOW LONG!!!!

Does anyone know how long it takes for tramadol to be completely out of your system?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am asking becaue on Wednesday I am quitting c/t. I know it will take awhile to get over the cravings, I was just wondering how long it actually stays in your system. Thanks for your input and I did not think your post was negative.
Helpful - 0
I juest realized how negative my last post was.  To be sure, depsite the cravins once in a while, I am really feeling good.  I mean GOOD.  It is just so nice to be off that ****.  No sneaking around, no lying, no guilt.  I am clean.  It's a nice feeling.

If you are asking how long the w/d go on, it's pretty much like I said before.  A lot has to do with how much you've been taking and how long.  
Helpful - 0
The drug itself?  Depending on body size, amount taken, metabolism and all that, I'd say 3 to 5 days.

How long does it take to get over the cravings?    I wish I knew.

In my case, I have been off the trams a little over a month.  If I remember correctly (something that is often difficult due, likely, to the trams) it was 4 days of withdrawals once I stopped.  I had tapered down to one 25 mg a day, split in two, one half in the AM, one in the PM, when I stopped completely.  I felt like **** while tapering, I REALLY felt like **** when I stopped.

After that it was the normal cravings that came and went.  Had my last craving... this morning.  The one previous was last Friday.  I THINK the craving is for my previous addiction, Vicodin.  BTW, I am competely clean now, controlling the plain with Etodolac (a high-po NSAID, in the same family as Aleve) and normal doses (2 pill 3x/day) of Tylenol.  

But that's my experience.  Yours may be different.

Why do you ask?

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community