Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Has anyone tried Neurontin for opiate withdrawal?

I have been reading all over the net that Neurontin is great taking the edge off withdrawal.  And it isn't supposed to have an addictive side effect.  I've had a bottle for 6 months that my doctor gave me for headaches that lasted 2 weeks steady up one side of my head due to a neuralgia of a nerve in my head.  The pain finally went away but I still have the pills.  I may test it out to see if it does really help but I thought I would see if anyone here had any luck with it.  thanks
I am so sorry that your post hasn't been answered..i do not personally know about neurontin..my mother in law takes it but not for those reasons..and I haven't heard of it for w/ds..I just want to say welcome..ther is alot of wonderful people here and hopefully some that can answer your question..I do know that I would be leary of anyting touting it isn't addictive..they said the same thing about tramadol..and we now know it isn't the case...just read up on it..what are you thinking of quitting if you don't mind...
Hi there, I have been taking Percocets for 10 years and I also take tramadol on and off.  I have never had any problem with tramadol and didn't know anyone else did until I started reading this site.  When I have gotten off the Percocets, I have taken just the tramadol and it completely removes the withdrawal.  But of course, if I quit the tramadol then the withdrawal kicks right in anyway.  It is just unbelievable how we all came to this point.  I would say the majority of the people here all started with an auto accident (my case) or bad injury or illness and before we knew it we were taking a pill to just feel normal.  Like everyone else, I would like to get off all of this and am trying to find anything that isn't addicting in itself to ease the way.  I never dreamed the Neurontin might help but I have heard Valium does and they both are for nerves.  I may try it in the morning and see if I have any withdrawal symptoms.
It never helped me with withdrawl and made me an emotional zoombie.
It is used for things like fibromyalgia and diabetic nueropathy - didnt do anything for me about withdrawals........sorry......and good luck to you - - -
I believe it was bmc1976 that used it quite successfully for withdrawals and for pain management.
Yes, it does, but you have to know how to use it.

Nauty........