Aa
A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Heart Palps

The heart palpatations with just reducing my dose of vicodin is about to kill me!  I can feel EVERY BEAT of my heart...  One minute, BP is 88/46 with a heart rate of 127 and 10 min later its 148/90 with HR of 64!!  The heart rate is mostly on the extremely rapid size...  Has anyone else experienced this and if so, have you discovered anything that helps it?  I find it very difficult to even breathe when my HR is swinging from one extreme to the next .. not to mention the anxiety that it causes!
3 Responses
372416 tn?1242669352
Okay, first of all, are you taking any anit-depressants w/mixture of some of Thomas Recipe?

Do you have anything prescription for anxiety?

I'm sure you can even hear your heart beat in the ears, huh?  It's a normal withdrawal symptom, but heed the anit-inflam........if taking something like Ltyrosine.
What meds are you taking during your detox? Are you taking ANY BP meds like clonidine?

I know I felt major anxiety feelings during my taper...but I never took my vitals to see what they were. How long has this been going on?
Im not taking anything EXTRA to help with the detox.  Just my regular meds which are zoloft and a xanax at bedtime..  I was scared to use the Thomas recipe because I am on zoloft and wasnt sure about the interactions!  Oh yeah, I can definitely hear my heartbeat in my head...  Im lying around in bed right now and pulse rate is 119 RESTING!!!!  This is driving me CRAZY!!!!  

Enemy, what anti-inflam are you referring to??
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.