Aa
A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32.1k Members

How can i tell if my bf has gone back to using herion

My boyfriend of a year i think he might be back on herion .. he sweats a lot and i mean a lot hes eyes are pinned and hes voice changes from a normal tone ..he sleeps a lot through the day and when he comes to bed hes asleep again with shouting and twitching and jurking movements , he is on methadone and has been for 12 years ..everytime i confront him he gets defensive and walks out , im at the end of my thether some days he looks normal and sometimes hes sweatin and tryin to clean up and i think this is hes disguse so i dont get on to him ..oh and he dosent eat meals he only eats cearal and choclate n custard all sweet stuff .. please can someone shed some light please hes put me through so much in a short space of time , one day he is all romantic and loving and the next day nothing not a hello .. would this be due to heroin .
1 Responses
If he's on methadone it can cause similar symptoms to any other opiate. Support him in his journey to get clean.  Until he is clean from opiates for months he could be unstable, depressed, moody, not hungry. I've taken methadone and it made me feel like all that and took months to feel myself after stoping... and still went back to using. Addiction never goes away, and who he hangs out with has a lot to do with his success.
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.