Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

How do you all feel

I have been offf the loritabs for about 4 weeks now.  I feel very jittery, cannot sit still, feel like I cannot breathe or catch my breath.  I cannot sleep at night I will be extremely tired during the day but when I lay down cannot doze off.  Anyone else have these symptoms?
yup try seriquil it will fix that
is this drug addicting also,
not at all, its a prescription, but it has saved me from the chills sweats and anxity, and it makes you sleep i went into the hospital with bad symptoms and they gave me some to try and said it is safe to use non addictive and can get it from a doctor, it is the only thing that has worked for me and this is the first time i had an aid to get clean i also picked up a bunch of vit's that supposedly help and im on day 4 and i think they are really helping but seriquil is a for sure way to help, the doctor explained it as an anti psychotic to help with anxiety and episodes of phycoses but alot of doctors prescribe it now as a sleep aid but it really takes the worst of the withdrawals away kinda like ativan but stronger
Important information about Seroquel

Seroquel is not for use in psychotic conditions related to dementia. Seroquel may cause heart failure, sudden death, or pneumonia in older adults with dementia-related conditions. Stop using Seroquel and call your doctor at once if you have the following symptoms: very stiff (rigid) muscles, high fever, sweating, confusion, fast or uneven heartbeats, tremors, uncontrolled muscle movements, feeling light-headed, blurred vision, eye pain, increased thirst and urination, excessive hunger, fruity breath odor, weakness, nausea and vomiting.

You may have thoughts about suicide when you first start taking an antidepressant, especially if you are younger than 24 years old. Your doctor will need to check you at regular visits for at least the first 12 weeks of treatment.

Call your doctor at once if you have any new or worsening symptoms such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive

Before taking Seroquel

Seroquel is not for use in psychotic conditions related to dementia. Seroquel may cause heart failure, sudden death, or pneumonia in older adults with dementia-related conditions.

If you have any of these other conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take Seroquel:

liver or kidney disease;
heart disease, high blood pressure, heart rhythm problems;
a history of heart attack or stroke;
a history of low white blood cell (WBC) counts;
a thyroid disorder;
seizures or epilepsy;
cataracts;
high cholesterol or triglycerides;
a personal or family history of diabetes; or
trouble swallowing.

Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:

cimetidine (Tagamet);

lorazepam (Ativan);

steroids (prednisone and others);

an antibiotic such as erythromycin (E-Mycin, E.E.S, Ery-Tab), rifabutin (Mycobutin) or rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane, Rifater);

an antifungal medication such as fluconazole (Diflucan), ketoconazole (Extina, Ketozole, Nizoral, Xolegal), or itraconazole (Sporanox);

HIV medicines such as fosamprenavir (Lexiva), indinavir (Crixivan), lopinavir/ritonavir (Kaletra), ritonavir (Norvir), saquinavir (Invirase), and others;

medicine for depression or mental illness, such as fluoxetine (Prozac), haloperidol (Haldol), imipramine (Tofranil), risperidone (Risperdal), or thioridazine (Mellaril);

a medication to treat high blood pressure or a heart condition;

medications to treat Parkinson's disease; or

seizure medication such as carbamazepine (Tegretol), divalproex (Depakote), phenobarbital (Luminal, Solfoton), phenytoin (Dilantin), or valproate (Depakene).

This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Seroquel. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.

Side Effects

While Seroquel is not considered addictive, it does come with some inherent risks, much like any other prescription medication. Some of the most common side effects are fairly minor in nature, including headaches, dizziness, drowsiness or fatigue, stomachache or abdominal pain, congestion and weight gain. Usually, these types of symptoms will subside after a short period of time, but you should still consult your primary physician if you notice any of these derivatives, especially when you experiencing a worsening or prolonged effects.

Be sure to speak with your Dr. before taking any medication.. lesa
COMMUNITY LEADER
You may want to see you doctor about this, tell him what is going on.  I know anxiety can last for awhile and it makes you miserable.  Jimmy1975 knows alot about this and hopefully he will be on at some point.  I will also send him a pm and let him know you are having problems with anxiety.   Congrats on 4 weeks clean!  That is a great accomplishment.   sara

COMMUNITY LEADER
Thanks for the info on Seroquel.  That isnt a drug to mess with.......sara