Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

How long it take's

Does anyone know how long (like consecutive days or weeks) it takes to get physically addicted to oxycodone? I know it depends on the dosage per day, but assume one to two are consumed per day. This medication is 30mg tablets. My friend asked me this because he recently started using, and wanted to know before he goes off the deep end. Thanks for all of your help and support guys. This website gave me hope and reassurance that I am not the only one out there with issues.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
919276 tn?1268759311
after 5-7 days of constant use, your body becomes addicted ..... Im not saying do pills every week for 3-4 days then stop for a few and do em again ... im just saying thats usually the time it  takes for you to get " Addiction" to where you will withdrawal
Helpful - 0
222369 tn?1274474635
Just like addict63 said, it'd more of a mental state than a timed response. Some addicts escalate much quicker into full blown addiction than others. I've seen people in my rehab taking doses in 3 weeks it took me 3 years to obtain. If your friend has the brain chemistry that predisposes them to addiction then the seed is cast from the first pill. If you're referring to dependency more than addiction, then most people feels withdrawals after only a couple weeks of use. If he's using 30-60mg of Oxy a day, then he's already in some serious trouble.
Helpful - 0
1218318 tn?1266808601
(paste and send to Ur friend!)
It's really not how much or for how long we use, it's our REACTION to the drug. Once I tried my Vicodin 7.5s... just one, I was addicted. Loved the stuff! The actual physical addiction came several months later, as I gradually increased my intake. I would stop for a few days, even a week, and then use again. As long as I felt I could stop, I felt I was all right. I looked at the stopping, but not the using. Soon I said "why stop?" U either R or Ur not. Only you can call yourself addicted, or even an addict. If it really isn't affecting you, then you really wouldn't be on this site. Just being honest.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.