Hydrocodone Withdrawal

If  hydrocodone is abused pretty heavily for about two weeks then stopped for 4-6 days (with basically no to minimal withdrawal symptoms) then started again would the person be starting all over or has he just not started the w/d yet and is prolonging it?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for your comment. Yes, that does help.
Helpful - 0
Oh I wee what you mean by "starting all over." Sorry about that. What I meant is he abusing for two weeks stopped and started again. When he decides or has to stop again will the w/d process be like starting all over becuase he did go four days without in between.
Helpful - 0
I believe hydrocodone is a lot like codeine. I used codeine for recreational purposes for over a year. In the beginning, I started off by doing it once a month.. Then I started doing it twice a month. Then everyweek. Eventually it became a problem because I started doing it every alternative day. I was in a relationship for 5 years and had a break up last June. And I got into a depression because of it. Thats when the alternative day thing started. From June to September, I did it around 3 or 4 times a week and during the end of September, I stopped and was clean for arouund 2 months and I did not experience any withdrawals. But then in December, I started again. And I continued the abuse till February. Again I decided I would quit for good and thats when I started experiencing withdrawals which lasted for around 10 days. I felt like as if I had a really bad flu. My head hurt, my whole body ached, I could hardly walk a distance without feeling exhausted... When I started the abuse in December, I didnt think I'd go through withdrawals. But I was very wrong. And lets not get into the post withdrawal symptoms I experienced. In the beginning you'd feel you are in control. And usually you are. But in no time the drug takes control over you and you wouldnt even know until you decide you want to quit. Hope this helps.
Helpful - 0
I'm not sure what u mean by starting all over...
Helpful - 0
just quit now...like flmagi said...it does not get easier and easier to quit...but harder and harder...and the mental torure u will be putting urself thru is not good....as far as starting all over i am not sure what u mean....
Helpful - 0
Thanks guys. I can only tell him. I was addicted to Hydrocodone over a year ago and went through hell but I was taking high doses for an extended period of time. i went through the hell. It just doesn't seem like he's taking me serious because the last time was easy. Maybe he'll have to live and learn.
Helpful - 0
i agree with the other two comments....i took percocet for years off and on and never had an addiction problem....never say never!!

when i got addicted they had given me a 30 day script....before it was only a script for a week or two here and there.  that 30 day script hooked me, i didn't want to be without that "feeling" that the pain meds. gave me.

it WILL get harder and harder each time this person tries to stop.  they better stop now while it is "easy"....trust me, it gets a lot harder!!

best wishes and good luck!!  :)
Helpful - 0
Each time this person starts and stops it will get increasingly harder to stop.  he will probably be able to stop again this time without much problem, but chances are because it may be easy again, he will go on and continue to abuse them. Someday it will be he!! for him to quit.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for your comment. It's actually not me. It is someone that I have posted about in the last few weeks. He came to me scared and wanted my support to stop which I gave him. I just found out he started again and now he's come back afraid and wants help. I told him the same thing you said. Do you know if he will experience w/d worse? He had almost no effects the last time he quit and was on day four. He's been abusing them again for about three days, give or take.
Helpful - 0
All i'm gonna say regarding this is stop now before you get in to deep. You are starting a journey down a terrible road that beliveve me you dont want to go down!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community