Hydrocodone addiction

Hi, this is my 1st post and I would like to know what I need to do for my husband, which will be detoxin off of hydro's. He has been on them for over 4 years he has been taken like 6 ten's first thing in the morning  then at least 8 or more during the rest of the day and no tellingwhat else. I’m scared because I’m the only one going to be with him and I know he will have Bad withdrawals.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i'm thankful i have a strong wife to help me help myself b/c i figured up how much money i've spent tha last 4 years.  i've easily spent at least 300 a week and it figured up to    $62,400 and it made me sick to my stomach b/c i could have bought a house or put some money back for my kids i mean its ridicoulus
Helpful - 0
toxic- i use the People places things every day!! it takes a total life change to keep me clean. great advice from ya , like always.....
Helpful - 0
Getting clean is the easy part...staying clean is the hard part!
I believe rehab is about learning how to live your life clean and sober.

I think rehab will consist of therapy/counselling, group therapy, NA mtgs.,learning how drugs affect the body and mind, changes you need to make in life to stay clean(people, places, and things)...anyway...something along  this line..i am just guessing, but that's what rehab for alcohol consisted of when i went for 30 days....
anyway...keep psoting...we'rre here for you!!!
Helpful - 0
is there no detox facility in your area? it seems if ya cant make it , you should find a detox first.. they have to have medical staff at detox. but there should be one around forya to use, if not call the local hospital, ours has a detox in it ... just a thought
Helpful - 0
i'm gonna try to sleep as much as possible
Helpful - 0
hang in there
Helpful - 0
yeah I wonder why he has to wait. It seems like they could help with the first few days too.
Helpful - 0
they aren't a detox facility.  they don't have a medical staff there.  thats why they wanted me to be clean for at least 72 hrs b4 i go in.  honestly i don't understand it b/c if i could go 72 hrs without then i wouldn't need a rehad to begin with
Helpful - 0
I know your pain it is a tough one but it is possible don't feel like it I am sure but a few days and u will feel better. Hang in there. Just grab all the things you need and plant yourself in front of the computer for awhile there is tons to read here and it helps to occupy ur mind and pass the days away till u can see a lil more clear. I still feel pretty bad, but feel sick not like I am about to die.
Helpful - 0
WEll...rehab is good ...you'll just need to ride out the first 3 days...if you ar egoign to rehab....why aren't they detoxing you there??? just curious!!
Helpful - 0
If he's going cct(stopping pills abruptly) he will need about a week off work if he can get it..he can say it's the flu..the symptoms are the same as the flu. Most say day 3-5 is the worst..it all depends on the person and how long they used and what they took.After day 5 , he should start to feel a little better>

He may feel like he is going to die,but he WON'T!!
Helpful - 0
Thank you He will be going to a Rehab Monday But they want him 72 hours clean.  That first sentence was from my wife.  i wake up everyday and take at least 6 hydro tens and thats just breakfast like today (my final day)  i took 4 tens and 2 oxy 40s.  i wanna get off this **** so bad.  i've got some phenagrine, weed, and meds for the bubble guts.  i'm just tired of wakin up everyday and having to have pills just to feel good or to have energy
Helpful - 0
Welcome to the forum. It's a great place for help and support.
Have him take hot baths for rls(restless leg syndrome) and aches and pains.
OTC  meds for sleep and aches and pains (TylenolPM , MotrinPm).
Immodium for diarrhea.
Drink LOTS of fluids.
Look up the Thomas Recipe in the Health Pages(top of this page, right side..clik on it!)
Keep posting  and asking questions!
Helpful - 0
I can tell you what I am dealing with off of morphine oxys and hydrocodone 41/2 years. He's got to want to get clean and if so it will be a approximately four days until he can see the light at the end of the tunnel and be able to think a lil clear. The first will be rough take loperamide for the trips to the john emitrol for the nausea and vomiting. And others here have vitamin list and directions. He is lucky to have you there. When he can asap get him to read some of the post here it helps so much he's not alone and it also helps to occupy his mind to the best of his ability Definitely as the days go by it gets better.
Helpful - 0
Is he tapering down or is he quitting cold turkey?   Get the thomas recipe off the forum...does he have anything for anxiety and sleep?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community