Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

I am getting worried now.

Tomorrow is going to test my will. I start the 4/day of the ES Vicodin. I am not sure I am ready for it, but I have to do it. All I have thought about so far this weekend is having no energy and wanting the next few hours of energy. I am so sick of this.

I have not been so good this weekend, I have not gone below 6.5/day and I was suppose to be on 5/day. I am sorry for the let down to you and myself. I am getting sick worried now about tomorrow going from 6.5 to 4 for three days then droping to 3/day for 3 days. Just because I screwed up this last 3 days taking more than 5 I am still going to 4. My last day on these things is scheduled for the 9th of june.

I am so pissed at myself. I think I have made going to 4/day tomorrow a living hell. Time will tell for sure. I have all the respect in the world for the cold turkey people.

I am not sure if I will fill like typing in the next few days so I have to get it out today. Peace
The worst thing about going c/t, with a habit such as yours, is simply the fear of doing it. Tapering is hard, and probably not warranted for a relatively low dosage habit. Just my opinion.

cj
I think it is even a little harder when you are taking an es type scrip.  Can you cut those in half without messing them up?
So I should just quit cold turkey?
I have no problem cutting them down into quarters. I have 50 pills to do this and I want to get it done this time. My wife is getting fed up this time. I always promise this and that. I Know this is just going to make me sick. I have went 13 hours without them before and even started getting sick then. Shakes and chills. narcotics are horrible.
I know how you feel.  When I stopped earlier this year some ultram and opana's it was really tough.  Now I am only taking a couple of hydros a day and it is still hard.  But as I read on here there are many that have done it and you are young and you body will recover.  Read over on the right about the amino acids and they may help.
Cool, I can go to the health food store and get some Amino acids.

I hate it because right now I don't feel like doing anything when I don't have any pills in me. It sucks. I just want to lie here.

How many days of hell would i go through considering the amount i have been taking?

6.5 -7 / day
Hi D,

I'm a cold turkey success lady, but that was only after several failed attempts to taper.

I'm glad to hear your honesty.  You're not letting us down at all.  People slip all the time, and just need us buddies to help get them back on the right track.

I wish you the best & look forward to hearing from you more.  Whether you can type or not.  Typo's are accepted.......expecially in detox!
No matter what you decide, still get the Amino's - nutrition and supplements wont hurt you thats for sure. It sounds to me like you are agonizing over either a taper or just c/t. I attempted a taper a time or three - its not that easy to do successfuly......you arent really on that huge of a dose - If tapering is that much of a living hell why don't you consider just getting it over with? Flat out stopping should (you don't say how long you have been doing them) not be much worse than the aggregate of the aggravation you are feeling by trying to taper.
Typos are caused by my fat fingers, if you could see my weight tracking scale on my medhelp page you would understand :). We need a darn edit button to edit for atleast the first 10 minutes a post is posted.
I have been on them for 3 years, however I started taking 5 then 6 or so only about 4-5 months ago. Before that i was taking 4 a day and doing good.

I want to quit cold turkey, but I own my business and I am afraid I can't function.

Would a weekend be long enough or would I need longer to quit CT
LOL!  If you could have seen all of my typs's during detox, you'd LYAO!  That's what I meant.  It was all I could do to just hold up my elbows and hands to type!
I know just rassin you.

I would like some input on how many days I would need for cold turkey.