I am worried about problems

I have recently had a case of shingles and am now also experiencing blood blisters in my mouth and unexplained bruising on my limbs and body. During the bout of shingles I took a lot of asprin would this cause any effects.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
aspirin is a blood thinner so it could cause bruising.  Did you take a lot?  A lot of anti-inflammatory medications are blood thinners as well such as Aleve (naproxen) and Ibuprofen.

Hope this helps.

SB
Helpful - 0
I don't know if there is a correlation with aspirin and blood blisters in your mouth though.  You might want to check with your doctor.  Are they still there?  Do they hurt?
Helpful - 0
I did take a lot of asprin over a 10 day period way more then the recommended dose to assist with the pain of shingles. In is now over a week and I have a constant blood nose as well.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community