I dont know if i even WANT this now

its like 5 days. been emotional disaster for 2 days... now extreme, anxiety and bathroom trips... I never should have taken the immodium in the beginning. But really I dont even know if I want this now. I am leaning Hard the other way
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
  hey you doing ok ?but looks like another bad one
Helpful - 0
So what do you want to do, go back to taking the pills? While that is certainly your choice it would be shame to see you give up now after you fought so hard for 5 days. I know this is hard to believe but if you give it another two days, maybe even one day---you will see things in a different light.

Each time you go through withdrawal it gets harder. It gets harder on your body and on your mind. It will get to the point where you will really begin to get sick from the detox--sicker than you are now and it can trigger other health problems to go along with it.

You have come so far. I think you owe it to yourself to hang on a little longer. Do you work or are you home today? If so, tell us what you will be doing today. Maybe we can come up with some ideas to help ease the discomfort a little bit.

There is hope hun---please don't leave before the miracle happens.
Helpful - 0
Everything your experiencing is to be expected. Its real hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel but be assured, its there. Not to make you feel even more down than you are, but the next ten days are going to be more of the same. You'll get a boost day, then a down day. Its kinda like all 8 cylinders of your car trying to come back online..Some sputtering here and there but then it smooths out..Focus on getting days behind you and the next thing you know ,it will be another week, then two,etc..Throw that "I can't see things getting better" thought out of your head..Its there, but thats not the reality of whats coming. It will get better. Just have to learn to be patient and get the days behind you...Hang in there,,ok?
Helpful - 0
Your so close to a turning point. Don't give up on day 5. Try to think positive, I know it's hard but I think all u can focus on is the negative things. U seem really negative about it all. I promise that u will feel better soon. Yea you'll still have bad moments but it will get better all of sudden. I started feeling do much better at the 1 week period(not great but much better) and then every day gets a little better after that. Trust me. Just go do something if ya can. These message boards are great but maybe u should just ease off them a bit. Try to stop thinking and reading about wds and all just for a little while. Get your mind on something else. Maybe that's just me but during my toughest days I didn't really want to keep dwelling on all of it. Hopefully your day gets better. If I remember correctly your kids are at school so go try to do something for yourself. Do something that makes ya feel good(besides meds). Just my thoughts on your situation.. Good luck.
Helpful - 0
thanks guys........... no i dont want to give up.. took a nap, still fighting
Helpful - 0
Hang in there......Let me tell you from a vast amount of experience.  The longer you let this go the longer and harder the detox will be when you do finally have to or decide to quit.  I am on day 10.5 and it does get better.....Would I love to grab a handful of pills and throw them down my throat....heck yeah, but I know that I have to stop and that is where aftercare really helps out.  You will need a support group to help you protect yourself from yourself.  We junkies have a profound gift to be able to convince ourself that a life on pills is possilbe and can be maintained with dicipline......It never works!  We eventually slip back into our old ways and with all of the health, financial, and legal ramifications of our habit can make life turn ugly really quick!

I would keep concentrating on getting lots of water, vitamins, suppliments, and protein shakes and try to get some mild exercise....Do not try to jump back into normal life too quickly and give yourself a break....You have another day or two but you will start feeling better very quickly soon if you can follow the aforementioned suppliments.....Good luck and God Bless!
Helpful - 0
Careful with the naps..They can tend to make things worse when you wake feeling dizzy headed, hard to motivate..Plus mess with evening sleep which already isn't the greatest and won't be for a couple weeks..If you have some good sci-fi movies, try some of those to distract yourselfOne I watched here recently was 'Inception" with Leonardo DiCaprio in it. That was pretty cool. He also played in "Blood Diamond" (somewhat based on a true story) and that was quite good..Your in the move/countermove phase of the wd's. When those despairing thoughts come at you, find something to distract yourself..It gets tiring I know, but getting caught up in dwelling in the ill feelings makes things alot harder than need be..Keep that focus on the prize.Hey, yesterday is gone and your halfway thru the next..Your getting there :)
Helpful - 0
Hi I am sorry you still are having bad days. Sat night I felt great then my son and kids came over to cut down a tree that came down in the ice storm, I love them but was glad to see them go, Now to the point, they left, I got cramps in the legs, lots of bathroom trips, anxitey up the ying yang and was so worried I did not want to go to bed. Today, better again, so was it the stimli from the kids, or back to wds?
I have the luxury of not having to to nothing,but please don't give up remember I gave up and took a pill about at a week, don't work, just starts all over again. I see a small light at the end of the tunnel. Keep on keeping on, a few more days and there will be a small light for you too.
Helpful - 0
yes, i am at home will pick up yhe kids from school this afternoon.. thanks all for your support in such a time of need... i am giving it my all, but really, am i almost there?
Helpful - 0
Don't you DARE give up!!! I'll track ya' down and put the hurt to ya'  :-)
I was fine on my day 8 and woke up today on day 9 feeling like I have been run over by a freight train!!! We didn't get to this level of addiction in 5 or 9 days so it's going to take longer than 5-9 days for it to go away.
There is no such thing as a failure who keeps on trying! Rage against the machine and don't let the addiction win. I was having a wonderful pity party this a.m. and then when I saw your post I thought 'oh he** no!'...not on my watch.
Just look forward, not back.
Do you really want to go back to counting the pills, counting the days on the calendar, the search for the pills, the stress when you know you are going to run out etc.....what a nightmare it is!!

Stay strong and you can do this. Just realized Rome was not built in a day......

Greatgreebo
Helpful - 0
Thats what I needed to hear. No i dont want to go back to that at all. I am fighting with every ounce I have.
Helpful - 0
glad I read your post, your are right I use to sit on the bed a count the pills to see how to streach them out, and I didn't even  think I was hooked. I stoped Fri the 18th and had a slip but you are right Don't look back just foward. When I read others are doing it I know I can too.
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
Sit down, take out a pen and paper and write down all the things you have to be grateful for.  You will be surprised at how long the list is.  There is no happy ending to using, only death...sara
Helpful - 0
My biggest nightmare about addiction was having to count the pills, look at the calenday, come up with some LAME plan on who you were going to only use 'X' pills every day so you wouldn't run out early and then 2 days later you are sitting there, counting the pills, looking at the calendar putting together another plan, which involved less pills everyday than the plan you made 2 days ago.....and the whole time you are filled with dread and terror because you KNOW (in your heart of hearts) you will not be sticking to your plan and you will be out early and it is a living he** on earth.
Don't worry about a little slip....just remember to watch your footing as you move forward.

Stay strong,
Greatgreebo
Helpful - 0
okay... thanks all, i m getting out of the house now, although i have no idea where i am going, i am just going, fresh air i suppose
Helpful - 0
Good idea. Just do little things one at a time. Every minute your a little closer. Just know that you'll be normal again soon. Keep it up.
Helpful - 0
thanks for the shout out I know I don't have a lot of time in,but feels good to know someone is lisining. Going to go take a shower and try to feel normal what ever that is now!!
Helpful - 0
Okay thank god for my iPhone:)... Just wanted to let u all know I am out walking... Sitting on a park bench at the moment. At 04.. We have to keep going, we have to. greatgreebo... I need more of those I will kick your butt comments cause that is what got me up.. I must say can't stand to be out much longer it's cold here!
Helpful - 0
Remember: He!! Hath No Fury Like an Recovering Addict Scorned........I promise to keep the 'prompting' coming your way. Believe me, If I can do this, so can you!!! You are a rock star for getting out of the house and getting moving. I'm very proud of ya'!
It's so easy to wallow in our self pity. I did it for 2 hours this a.m. A change of scenary is always a good idea to change your thinking.

Stay strong,
Greebs
Helpful - 0
Is it okay to take an ultram??
Helpful - 0
OMG NO!!!!  Well, okay, I know, that's my opinion - but I believe ultram (aka tramadol) is POISON.  Stay away!!  :)  p.s. I can't even BEGIN to tell you how horrible my withdrawal was from ultram.  The absolute WORST.
Helpful - 0
Wow!!! I had no idea, thought they were non narc... I am amazed. I did not know that
Helpful - 0
Yeah, that seems to be a really big problem with tramadol - and I don't mean because you didn't know that - I mean because Dr.'s are still giving this stuff out like candy.  It's the worst though, just awful.  :)
Helpful - 0
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! did you see my last post???? I swear I had no idea. I already took an ultram?? Now what omg I was feeling better this afternoon!!! I had no clue!!! Have I screwed up everything??? Omg please no... I think I was at my turning point:(
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community