I'M GOING TO MAKE IT!

So I've met some of the greatest people ever right here in this forum. It feels good to be able to share my problems, concerns, knowledge, and just plain ol thoughts withough judgement. I'm going to make it!!!! With the help of all of you. My mood has elevated since I joined this community. Everyone has been so helpful. Some for knowledge, some for support, some for kind words, and some just to make me laugh. I can't tell you how bad I needed all of that. So let me officially thank you. Remember, I'm here to help too. I'm all ears. Together, we will all be ok in the end.

John
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
laughter is the best medicine....and ya it feels good to laugh once again
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
Ya it does at times but it just feels good now to REALLY laugh......even when i shouldnt~!!!!
Helpful - 0
Thank you, I will. Humor takes away the pain sometimes huh?
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
Keep up the positive attitude and the laughter......I would be lost without humor!!    sara
Helpful - 0
LOL. no paper. Good stuff. I don't recall the bad smell or taste. Thanks for the mentor thing. Honestly, I'm nobody to look up to. I have my flaws. I'm here for help myself, so I feel that If I don't offer any help, I don't deserve any help. Does that make sense? Or am I babbling again. Keep busy and time will fly by. I'm fortunate that my kids keep me quite busy. I'm here for ya brother.
Helpful - 0
Awesome brother! I did find myself laughing at some of this stuff in here, some on your posts. Remember folks a wise man once said he who sits on toilet with looking left or right, may not have paper..N be SOL , Ya ya it happened - whatever. haha. Anyone get a weird taste in their mouth when the initially stopped using? just a smell or something. No its not because i stink (unless you consider the latest bout with the porcelain pony) Just askin. Feeling exhausted guys but I wanted to say that John your like officially my unofficial mentor here. Your right the smiles, non judgement etc helps a ton and I hope to continue to develop relationships here as I grow in this process. It's gonna be a ruff one brother, I can feel it.Radio and sphynx awesome job guys. I am hopeful my time passes fast -
Helpful - 0
LOL. Again with the humor. I love it!! Laughter  and love can beat any demons. Congrats on 43 days man. Way to go!!! I will keep posting, you can count on it. Thank you.
Helpful - 0
John you have the right attitude to do it.  Me..Mr Addictive Personality is 43 days clean of oxys and Somas. Seems like lightyears since day 5..God do I feel better..Keep Posting your thoughts and Good Karma..And as Loyd Bridges said in the Movie Airplane.."Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up opiates"  :)

G
Helpful - 0
LOL. The force. I giggled a bit just then. Thank you for that. Thanks for the comment.
Helpful - 0
Thank you Karl, they are the greatest right?
Helpful - 0
Thats the spirit. Good for you. This forum rules, the people here are amazing and it's only my second day. May the force be with you and all of us. Blessings to you and yours!
Helpful - 0
Very nice way to put things in context, about the people here.All are helpful in one way or another.I have felt it too.                                                     karl
Helpful - 0
Thank you. I have no choice but to have a positive attitude. I wouldn't make it without it.
Helpful - 0
Well I gotta say you just have the best attitude I've seen in a while.. and you are gonna make it with that attitude... lots of luck and I'm glad you are finding the support you need here... we all need it so keep it up dude...lol... by the way .. I answered your last message too so check it out...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community