Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Im so scared 2 (I can do this)

Hey guys horrible night up now n have been since 2  just push ups over n  to stop chest spasming a lil got a couple hrs sleep tho just restless... But body so tired it got some.... O man.... "I won't back down"
I just locked up the doors where I work!  Everyone is gone home. It's Friday afternoon. I made it 4 days without missing work!  Life is good!  
Classic rock is my music too. It's the guitars for me!  They speak to my soul!  I find I sleep easier when I put pandora on SRV radio!  
You can totally do this ❕❗ congrats to you on taking your life back!!
It's a waiting game now. Keep on keepin on.
Hey I was reading this post and this song came in my head! Should be your new theme song LOL

Last night I had the strangest dream,
I sailed away to China in a little rowboat to find you
And you said you had to get your laundry cleaned
Didn't want no one to hold you, what does that mean?

And you said
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving

You're on the road and now you pray you'll last
The road behind you was rocky
But now you're feeling cocky
You look at me and you'll see your past
Is that the reason you're running so fast?

And she said
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving

Never let another girl like you, whip me over
Never let another girl like you, drag me under
If I meet another girl like you, I will tell her
Never want another girl like you, have to say

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving

Hi there..Just thought I'd add the lyrics to 'I won't Back Down' (That was most def one of my 'Power Songs' during detox:

Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
You could stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down

Chorus
Hey baby, there ain't no easy way outHey I will stand my ground
And I won't back down

Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I'll stand my ground and I won't back down

Hey baby there ain't no easy way out
Hey I will stand my ground
And I won't back down

I know that time is crawling right now but don't worry about the next hour or day. All you have to get through is the present moment. That's it. (that's all that we really have anyway, eh?) Wishing you the all the Clarity & Determination you'll need to punch through this. You're doing it! Hold Fast!
Your gonna find that as scared as you are....you'll do this! This is the time...you want it, right! So nows your chance & nothing will stop you when your better! The pay off will be amazing! You just have to remember that the day will come as it did for all of us...no chemical will rule your world...no one will be forcing you to do anything...life is awesome! Remember? Just think you'll be you again but better! I love who I am now...new & improved through my hard work...prayer...a lot of research and top of my list our little community here! You'll find what you need...just keep doin it! Your new life is waiting! Hugs April
You are stronger than you think...I see that every day!!
keep up the exercise as much as you can....i know you will....so glad you are getting your life back....when you come out the other side of this, you will be so grateful that you made that choice....just get thru right now, this min...don't worry about the next day or even the next hour....just keep pushing thru....your determination will see you thru....keep the faith my friend....your day is right around the corner...  :))  we are here if you need us!!  
Thank you WantANewLife!  Now I can check on you way quicker!  Yes, I'm sure there are many more lurkers than me out here who are cheering you on!  The hydros have had me in an emotional crazy state too, but then that's how I got here. I spent the past year helping my best friend die and I needed to swallow all the emotion. At least I thought that was how to handle it!  Anyway, lets just cry and get it out now!  
I'm so very proud of you!  I've never been through your detox, but I've watched it. It's rough, but still very attainable!  Rock it out!  Life lesson: once you get your mind straight, you can do ANYTHING!  
U seem really nice u should read some of my original post  I been here like a month might interest u had a few of these guys here for me for rapid detox n ya other post tells a lot anyone that is just meeting me but regardless if u do or don't I appreciate everyone's support... 185 became a bit many comments for some to scroll through ha.... But I'm like ur name with a Mr in front right now..... I'm not going back
Rough night tho... Damn... Uuuuugh here we go... K all muscle milk, emergency c n vitamins are in the belly..... Wow wow wow.... Just wow....
Breath, don't forget to breath. Did you sleep at all last night? You got the nutrients in your belly, the methadone is mostly gone from your system, you are already healing. I like to call it growing pains. You have this thing. I am excited for you. Try to keep moving around as much as you can and keep us posted.
I'm guilty of it being too much to scroll through!  I'm sorry!  I'm on a cell and I have to reload comments after about ten of them. I read every single one of them!  It just took me so long to check on you!  The night you came in with your head all messed up you scared me!  When I figured out you used Tom Petty as your motivational song (like me) I was determined you could do this!!  I didn't mean to be picky!!  I'm just going to so enjoy watching you kick this in the tail!  Not to mention how small my own problems look in comparison!  Again, thanks for sharing your journey!  You're helping me with mine and didn't even know it!  
No I want u here mojo I appreciate everyone's positive input n hope to meet more of u guys I just didn't know how to make new post or that u could lol... n wanted ne1 new to know whole story I guess but nobody wants to scroll thru 185 amazing comments I understand esp on cell phone glad I figured out new post thing so I can do again if u all overwhelm this one.... Which I would love.  :-)
Next one will be labeled Im So scared 3 (I did it).   Ha
N final for this will be.... I WAS so scared 4(thanks guys)
O man what that "woman's" been doing to me....
is this a good comment or bad??  lol  
But that "woman" has no power now!  
OMG Guy that is funny. I was singing that song just a few days ago. I was saying: Oh Can't You see, Can't You see, What those Drugs, have done to me.
Believe it or not YOU have come ALONG WAYS!! Yahooooooo!!! Keep it up and now your Since of Humor is just a Flying. lol
We are watching YOU..Go! Go!
vickie
That woman is old news, you're back on the market again. You can be picky this time, it won't be hard to find someone better to and for you.
I LOVED reading all these posts! Every last one of you ROCK ❕❗
Bob sieger is a FCKN mazing gosh...all classic rock I took a class in college called rock n roll music history(didn't even turn book in after class ended when u can get like half ur money back... Too good) they say I shouldn't knows these hits but these r my fav....  I LOVE classic rock.. I love all music but those old guitar strums n bass pound in n just the  perfect beat and tone of most every song... THats music... Certain ones just send chills thru body(the good kind) that take away the bad if even just for a sec.... Gosh.... I swear its meant for me...
Happy to entertain n meet rosy glad u chimed in as well.... Aaahh I feel fckn wonderful! ;-) not really but what the hell...