Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

In memory of IBK~

This is one of the hardest things i have ever had to do.  We found out this morning that IBK  passed away of a massive heart attack on Sunday Aug.2nd.  We dont know anymore details at this point.  I loved this woman with all my heart as did many others.  We will all feel her absence on this forum but she will be with everyone of us in spirit.  She lived hard and worked her recovery even harder.  Each and everyone of us was important to her and she wanted  all of us to experience sobriety.  I really am at a loss here so will close for now.

RIP my beautiful friend~
May the Creator hold you close IBK.. Your sound advice has helped so may to achieve sobriety You have left a Wonderful legacy. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for caring so much.. I will miss you Friend. love, lesa
I didn't want to believe it my friend. The more we didn't hear anything I felt maybe it was just a mistake. She lives all around us now. We will live on n our sobriety and we will all dedicate our recovery to her. There r no words to b said at a time like this. Just memories and wise words she spoke to us.
She was such an inspiration and a wonderful human being, i will miss her greatly, as so many will.
What a devastating loss to this community...and to those who loved her. She was an amazing woman who gave of herself.  She helped me in so many ways. She will be missed greatly. There are no more words, only tears. Rest in peace beautiful friend.  You will forever be in my heart.
Heartbreakingly sad.  Will miss her.  Peace to you all, her dear friends.
i am so sorry to hear this. she will be missed. she is at peace now.  
RIP  IBK

Giving of yourself for the benefit of others is the most beautiful of human behaviors.  IBK must have spent countless hours helping others.  Ive been here for 5 years and she was always there.  I'm so sorry for those friends whom are feeling the grief of losing a cherished friend.
Omg! I was just this morning thinking of her. Waiting on her to chime in on my latest relapse. Ever since I found this site 6+yrs ago I've always respected her words. Even when I'd disappear for while I'd think of her asking me "what are you gonna do different this time". I don't know why but every time I've come back I've almost been a little intimidated by what she might tell me. I respected her straightforward approach. No sugar coating. Her words have and always will be with me. My heart is so heavy right now. Her family and ones closest to her are in my prayers.
Oh NO!!! I literally just threw up!!.... I don't have words right now, only tears:(
I am at a loss for words. IBK was a wonderful woman, with a wicked sense of humor, fiercely dedicated to all of you, and to this community. She was selfless, and MedHelp is a better place because of her.

She will be missed, by me, and by so many. You all, and her friends and family, will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Emily
What a beautiful soul. You will be missed greatly.
Words cannot express how sad I am to hear this. Rest in peace! Her family and friends will be in my prayers.