Just got back from Dr

Hi all! As you know in my previous post, I had been contemplating taking suboxone. Well, I went ahead and went to the Dr. And, i tell ya what...all I gots to say is EVERYTHING is a big money racket, man. Lol. I was in there in with the actual Dr. for MAYBE 5 minutes, IF that. I felt like I was so rushed. He gave me a script (didn't even give me one in the office, like I've heard their supposed to), and sent me packing. He gave me 14 8 mg tablets, and told me to take 3-4 halfs a day. i mean, at what time am I supposed to take them? I'm so confused. And, then, I tried to talk to the pharmacist about it when I got them filled, Boy was he a JERK-OFF! I said I didnt want to feel dopey, and asked what he thought, and he said "Well, they would make you feel anymore dopier than a lortab" BUTTHOLE! By, the way...it was Perks! Lol. SO after I paid the Dr. 150, and 45 for my rx, AND not to mention, the freakin money for gas there and back (with gas prices so high it was, like 10 bucks man) 200 DOLLARS! So every week after the first visit is 100, and then 45 for rx, so your still looking at around 150-160 per week! Damn, who can afford to get that ****? I didn't pay for my rx of percs, so that's alot of money.
As far as what I'm feeling...I really dunno yet. I took my first half about eh, 2 hours ago or so. I don;t know how I;m supposed to feel, ya know? I'm kinda sleepy, but it comes and goes. I don't know when I'm supposed to take my other half, but shoud I take a whole one? I tried to ask the dr, and he really wasn't much help. O well. Well, am going to go. Watching a marathon of "The Real Housewives" Lol. Thanks all! Talk soon :)Love, Nikki
I am so sorry about your negative experience.  I don't know anything about suboxone but a lot of people on here do so keep looking for responses and don't be afraid to bump yourself up.
It sounds like the first doctor I saw that gave me the first script for 90 2mg pills, were you in full w/d? you should just follow your body on how you feel and no you should not feel dopie at all if you do that is because you are taking to much. I recomend you look for another doctor maybe? I know I did and do you have insurance? cause mine covers the script for suboxone and the visits for the doctor. I'm really sorry you had to go thru that specially now that you are adjusting to a total new thing but talk to wait2long she is great she has help me so much on the sub thing.
But you are doing a great job just stick with it you will be fine I promess don't try to feel anithing cause you are not is not suppost to make you feel high or sleepy it may dizzie or sleepy a little but nothing to feel worrie if you do just sleep it of. That is what I did. That is MY opinion GOOD LUCK GIRL YOU ARE DOING GREAT!
can anyone refer me to a private dr. i dont wanna do the clinic thing for suboxone i got a list from the sub website been calling around most are clinics. i'm in onnecticut.
what do you mean clinic? you put your zip code, even if there are clinics they are doctor I don't understand
yeah dr. are there just not sub. specialty, they are mostly meth clinics that started giving subs
anyway, gotta lea ve for work now, i'll check back later, maybe someone can help me. thanks
Around what area in Connecticut, I live in Dutchess County NY and I have a friend who goes to see a dr in Westchester County.  I can ask him what his doctor's name is, if that isn't too far of a ride for you.
You said it........What a BUTTHOLE  I can't believe he/she said that to you.  That is so rude and unprofessional I can think of a better word, but, anyway.......I love that show.....the housewives of Orange County.......Not the the one's from New York....those women are freaks.......Of, course......being that I live in Orange County.....Maybe I can just relate to them better.......my darn cable is out again so I can't watch.......grrr.

Be careful with the sub......take it and if you feel normal......that is how your suppose to feel.....dont overdo it....take care.

Nauty........
Hi guys! You are NEVER going to believe this! I just got off the phone with another dr. They were sooo nice over there! It is a private practitioner and doesn't just deal with the sub. They asked if I had insurance, and they said that mine is the ONLY one they accept! YAY!!!! Cool, huh? Wow, i had done my research b4 I went to the dr I did this morning, but this one I guess they were at lunch or something when i called the other day, so I just got frustrarted and forgot about it. So, I made an appt with them on the 28. I run out of mine on Fri. He told me to not take anything for 24-36 hrs so the dr can really get an idea of what to give me. He said that I will be in there no less than 30 min, that the dr really takes his time with you. Neato!
And to Nauty...Lol that's funny! I was watching the NYC housewives...have never seen the OC one! Well, will talk later guys! Thanks so much! Love, Nikki
First I would go back to the pharmacy and talk to the mgr. Second you did the right thing finding another doctor. Sub has to be taken properly or it can make you very sick. I would report that doctor also,he has no business being in business. Be careful and good luck.

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community