Aa
A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Kicking multiple problems

I was diagnosed with lupus 3 yrs ago, and through a long battle, i have been doing pretty well at staying in good condition and out of the ER for about 1 yr now.  At one point i was taking 60mg oxycontin and 8 percocet (5/325) daily.  I kicked oxycontin 1 year ago just by slowly tapering and i got off it!  I would never wish oxycontin withdrawal upon my worse enemy.  This Month (Sept 07) i have been depressed, started lexapro, while my percocet count is down to about 4 per day.  I have been wanting to kick narcotics completely for some time.  I had gotten some methadones this month, and i thought it was my ticket to freedom to assist me in kicking all the forms of oxycodone i have had.  I got 8 40mg methadone wafers and started taking 20-40mg per night about ten days ago (Sept 19).  I haven't had any methadone for about 2-4 days and the pain is very similar to when i didn't get my Oxy fix back in the day.  I NEED to get meth out of my system now and i would like to kick my percocets too. I have heard of Suboxone and Buprenorphine for [rapid] detox.  I read that methadone is really hard to eliminate from your system and withdrawals can last up to 3 weeks, longer then oxycodone! I didn't need my percocets in the duration on methadone.  I'm still vomiting from restarting my percocets (at a lower dose) is it from the methadone still in my system?  Wny opinions on what i should do to fix this drug circle i'm stuck in?  Thanks in advance and sorry for the length!
3 Responses
214255 tn?1205639236
I'm not familiar with that, but if I were you id try calling a drug hotline maybe they can help. I hope you get better soon goodluck
271792 tn?1334983257
Isit possible you can get into a treatment program? I think it is your best bet to get away from the cycle of replacing one drug with another.

Good Luck and Keep Posting.
199177 tn?1490502134
I agree with No Name and IBK,
You should call someone ,you are mixing a few drugs now ,I am not sure how well they mix, plus you have a illness on top of everything . A treatment program that can monitor  your health as well may be the way to go.
Avis
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.