Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

LONG TERM USAGE OF PAIN MEDS 30 MG They are immediate release oxycodone

I HAVE MINOR BACK PAIN.  I HAVE BEEN TAKING 30 MG IMMEDIATE RELEASE OXYCODONE ABOUT 60MG A DAY AND AM WONDERING IF IT IS BAD FOR MY BODY OR BRAIN OR ANYTHING TO TAKE THIS STUFF FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE?     DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THESE PILLS?  I HAVE BEEN TAKING PAINKILLERS FOR 4 YEARS NOW AND I LIKE THESE ONES BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY TYLENOL IN THEM AND I DONT FEEL A HANG OVER FROM THEM OR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGE UNLESS I FORGET TO TAKE THEM THEN I FEEL THE WORST WITHDRAWLS EVER. WOW  I DO NOT WANT TO GO WITHOUT.   I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE SIDE EFFECTS ARE IF I KEEP TAKING THEM FOR A LONG TIME.   SOMETIMES I SNORT THEM BUT MOST OF THE TIME I JUST TAKE THEM ORAL.   THEY HELP ME TRAMENDOUSLY WITH WORK AND WITH BEING IN A GREAT MOOD AROUND MY FAMILY.  I FEEL LIKE SUPERMAN ON THEM AND CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING ON THEM.  WHEN I STOP TAKING THEM FOR A WHILE I GET REALLY TIRED AND CANNOT DO ANYTHING.   I NEED TO KEEP TAKING THEM BUT REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT THIS IS DOING TO MY BODY.  WHAT IS SAFE.  IS IT SAFE TO TAKE THESE?  ARE THEY HARMLESS ON MY LIVER HEART BRAIN MUSCLES ETC...   PLEASE SEND ANY HELP OR INFORMATION TO MY EMAIL OR RESPOND TO THIS POST.    PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND OR EMAIL ME YOUR OPINIONS.  ONLY FACTS ABOUT THESE EXCACT PILLS PLEASE AND WHAT THE EFFECTS ARE.   THEY ARE SMALL CIRLCE LIGHT BLUE WITH AN M ON ONE SIDE AND A 30 ON THE OTHER SIDE.   BY THE WAY, BECAUSE OF THESE PILLS I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CREATE A BUSINESS THAT IS WORTH OVER 2 MILLION DOLLARS NOW.  THEY SERIOUSLY HAVE HELPED ME ALOT  AND I DO NOT WANT TO STOP TAKING THEM UNLESS THEY ARE HARMFULL TO MY MEMORY OR BRAIN OR BODY IN SOME WAY FROM LONG TERM USAGE.     PLEASE HELP.  THANKS  EMAIL   ***@****
COMMUNITY LEADER
I am not sure you are going to listen to anything we have to say.  Here is the facts.......You keep doing what you are doing and you are going to lose everything you claim to have......that is a guarantee.  Your tolerance will go up and someday you may just not wake up. People die everyday from overdose whether it be accidental or not.  Pain meds are not to be taken long term and especially for the reasons you are taking them.  Will they hurt your body and organs and memory??  YES  
I understand what you say about tolorance etc.  I know the risks of tolorance and eventually overdose.   That is not what I am asking.  I am asking if I stay at 60 mg. a day with oxycodone what will it do to my liver, heart, brain, stomach etc.  Please do not try and talk down to me.  If you knew my situation or walked a day in my shoes you would understand why  I am asking these questions.  I do have alot of money.  Money is nothing unless you know how to use it.   My family is going through some difficulties that are more extreme than you can imagine.   I do not have time right now to detox or come off of these pills and I wont have time for at least 6 mos.   They do help me with what I need to do right now and I am concerned about the effects,  not overdosing.   So unless you know what the effects are for a maximum of 60 mgs a day for 4 yrs.   This is very important to me so please do not assume you know my position or the answer to my question unless you know for a fact what this excact medication will do to me.  thanks in advance
COMMUNITY LEADER
I was not talking down to you.  I was stating the facts.  I am a recovering addict.  All the best            sara
WOW!

youre taking 30mg roxicodone, the same thing I take.  Your obviously familar with the internet..why dont YOU take all your money and google "long term effects of oxycodone" instead of comimg here and being rude to someone who tried to answer your question.

and can I just add.   DUH!  theyre a schedule II narcotic....of course theyre going to have long term effects!
I did google it and it is very hard to find an info on long term usage. There is of course tolerance to the drug, constipation and decreased respiratory effect. Most of the articles talk about abusing opiates not using as prescribed for chronic pain control.

Tolerance seems to be the main issue. They stop working. Your doctor won't give you more. You have stated you are not developing tolerance and are at the same dose you started with after 4 years.

I really don't understand that but I accept that this is true for you. For most people, it takes as little time as a month to start developing tolerance.

Everybody who becomes addicted to opiates feels like Superman on them. Withdrawal is kryptonite. All your superpowers are blocked and you become a feeble shadow or your former, opiate using, self.

Eventually, you return to a normal person. Who is not Superman anymore.

For me, when I was Superwoman, I was also quite obnoxious. I did not use my super powers for the betterment of mankind but it was all about me. My opinions were of course always right and always expressed whether or not anyone wanted to hear them.

It's called arrogance and I have almost always seen it in opiate users.

Well, it helped you build a 2 million dollar business so you used it to your advantage.

It's up to you what you want to do. It's only about 3-4 days of discomfort to stop and then learning to live like the rest of us live.

There's a line from a Robert Earl Keen song that has always stuck with me. "The beauty of sorrow is feeling the pain." So true. Not possible on 60 mgs of oxy.
THANKS FOR THE POST. I MEANT I HAVE BEEN TAKING PAIN KILLERS FOR 4 YEARS.  I HAVE ONLY BEEN TAKING THESE 30'S FOR ABOUT A YEAR.  I STILL HAVE NOT GOT AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION.  AS YOU DID, I WITH ALL MY MONEY BLAH BLAH BLAH PEOPLE...  LOOKED UP ON GOOGLE ABOUT PROBLEMS FROM LONG TERM USAGE.     WHAT I DO RIGHT NOW IS TAKE 15 MG A DAY FOR A FEW DAYS AND THEN TAKE THE 60 MGS WHEN I WANT TO FEEL IT.  I CANNOT FEEL IT IF I TAKE LESS.  MY FRIEND HAS SOME SOBOXON I WANT TO TRY.  HE SAYS IT HAS HELPED HIM A TON.  ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SOBOXON?  I DO NOT WANT TO FEEL WITHDRAWLS.  CAN I TAKE SUBOXON FOR 2 WEEKS TO GET THE OXY OUT OF MY SYSTEM AND THEN STOP TAKING THE SOBOXON COLD TURKEY?  I USED TO DO COKE BACK IN THE DAY AND THESE 30'S ARE VERY SIMILAR BUT LAST ALOT LONGER THAN COKE.  I KNOW TO ALOT OF YOU PEOPLE I SOUND A BIT CRAZY BUT I LIKE THE HIGH AND I GET ALOT OF WORK DONE WHILE ON THE 30'S.  THAT IS WHY I AM REALLY TAKING THEM.  I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT IS DOING TO MY LIVER AND HEART AND STOMACH OR NERVOUS SYSTEM ETC.  NOONE HAS COME UP WITH ANYTHING EXCEPT THAT I AM GOING TO DIE AND OH I FORGOT THIS ONE WAS THE BEST "DUH!  theyre a schedule II narcotic....of course theyre going to have long term effects! "  (THANKS TRAYCEE)   DEAR TRAYCEE MISS NO IT ALL!!  DO YOU ACTUALLY KNOW THE LONG TERM EFFECTS OF THE DRUG THAT YOU CLAIM THAT YOU ARE TAKING AND THAT YOU DUH!!! DUH!!   ACT LIKE YOU KNOW ALL ABOUT?    WAIT!!  STOP!!  AND THINK BEFORE YOU POST SOMETHING HORRIBLE TO ME AND ACTUALLY TRY AND POST SOMETHING THAT IS A FACT ABOUT THE LONG TERM EFFECTS.  PLEASE STAY OFF THE POST IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE LONG TERM EFFECTS.   WOW..  SORRY IN ADVANCE FOR BEING SO RUDE.  AJL;DKFJAD;LFKJAD;LFKJADSGLGFKAJSDFL;ASKJM