Losing motivation quickly

Hey everyone--I'm only on Day 2 but this morning I was actually hopeful that this wouldn't be so bad.  I'm at work and trying to stay hopeful but I'm in pain and can't concentrate.  Any suggestions?  I know I should probably just stay busy and try to keep my mind off pills.  It's definitely not easy...
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks everyone.  Yesterday wasn't a real good day but I'm feeling a little better today.  My mood swings have been horrible but other than that I'm okay right now.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Helpful - 0
It's worth it, and it gets easier!! It's different for everyone, but hopefully you're halfway through the worse of it. I'm 5 days off of Percocet and Vicodin (generic of Norco). Days 2 and 3 were the toughest, and then it looked up from there. It's by no means easy yet, but it's easier. There is NEVER a good time to try and quit, but you're this far... stick with it!!!!! You can totally do this.
Helpful - 0
That sounds good :)  Anytime you wanna message me feel free, even if it's just to complain how bad your day was :)  haha  Hope you have an awesome day today :)
Helpful - 0
Hey--I never really took a lot at one time but I took them throughout the day, every day.  I have a monthly prescription for a chronic pain condition but I always end up running out before the refill is due and I'm tired of the whole cycle of counting pills, waiting for a refill, etc.  It's been like this for the past 6 years on and off.  I'm still in pain when I take them now anyway.  I managed to cut down to just 1 pill/per day (10/325) for a couple of days before I stopped.  Thanks for the support!
Helpful - 0
HEY!  How much did you drop from when you went CT?  You gotta stay positive that's the whole key to this.  Even through the depression, I know it's hard, but you gotta.  Negativity is only going to bring you down.  Day 3-4 is usually the low spot then things start going better a little.  You're going to have bad days and good days, but you gotta make them all GREAT days!!  Keep your head up okay?!  You CAN and WILL get through this :)  Just remember that you are amazing and getting YOU back and your LIFE back is all going to be worth it!!! My husband had to stay super busy during his detox so he wouldn't go crazy.  Just keep going and don't give in!!!
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the advice.  I felt pretty useless all weekend.  I had so much cleaning and laundry to catch up on but didn't have energy to do much.  I'm still not feeling great today.  I have absolutely no motivation to do anything.  I'm at work but I'm just going through the motions.  Depression has definitely set in.  I don't feel like talking to anyone and feel extremely irritable still.  I've been taking ibuprofen for the pain.  I'm hoping some energy returns soon!  
Helpful - 0
hey your doing great and u already figured something out to help, that was getting out of there.  if you need to take a short break and go walk around the parking lot if you have to change the scenery.  Working stinks i know cause your trapped there but try throwing on some headphones while you work.  and remember when you get home do something nice for yourself, take a bubble bath after the kids r in bed!!!  Your doing so well keep it up and we're all here for you!

For me i felt better by day 4-5 so your SOOO close remember we all promise there is light at the end of the tunnel!
Helpful - 0
Thanks.  Today has been pretty tough.  I'm in pain but the mental aspect is overwhelming me today.  I feel like I'm not picking the best time to do this.  I'm sure that's what everyone feels though and that's what makes them give in.  It would be so easy to give in and say I'll try again next month but I'm really trying not to do that.  
Helpful - 0
honeslty it sounds like you are doing great so far. I know it hurts and I know it's no fun, but trust me on this...being at home with nothing to do makes it way worse. Make sure to take vitamins and drink lots of water. In a few days you will feel so much better and so proud of yourself. You can ask anyone in here, it is a life-long battle, but knowing you have beat this monster makes you feel a million times better than ANY pill can
do. Make sure to try and stay as busy as you can this
weekend. I know you will physically feel like poo, but mentally, ANYTHING that will help keep your mind off the pills is a good start to a new beginning. Good luck and God bless.
Helpful - 0
It won't reset the wds!   I did something similar during a detox and it worked like a taper!   I would skip a day take one skip two days take one skip 3 days take a half and hadalmost zero symptoms of withdrawal!
Helpful - 0
I don't know if it resets everything.  How are you feeling today?  18 hours is still better than going right back to taking them all the time.  
Helpful - 0
I'm actually jealous.  Last nite was too much so around 8:00 I took one of my husbands roxys so i could sleep.  So now i guess instead of being where u are I'm only 18 hours out.

Is it true?  By taking that one did I reset everything?
Helpful - 0
Thanks for your support.  Sitting in this office drives me crazy sometimes.  I left during my lunch break and exchanged some clothes for my kids.  Getting out helped a little.  I volunteered for a charity event tonight so I can't go home but at least I'll be outside and busy.  Maybe not the best week to decide to quit since I have a million things to do but I guess it's now or never.
Helpful - 0
Your on the right track stay bizzy and try to keep to simple tasks our minds just ant quite there when your going threw this the next one is hard....dont clock watch it will just make an 8hr day seam like 24hr just go along with it as long as you can this is usually a 4 day deal for m,ost of us then the worst part will be over yuo will still have some recovery but you will start to feel better ....hang in there treat yuorself to a nice hot soak when you get home asprin alive ibuprophine will all help the aches and pains wile at work .....post when yuo need support good luck and God bless....Gnarly
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community