Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

MONSTER PANIC - PLEASE HELP

I began Oxycodone for a spinal tumor, and it helped like nothing else for the paralyzing panic attacks that  have experienced since my husband left (3 years ago.) He is a psychiatrist, and knew about my problems, but promised me that I would never be left alone. Now I am totally alone without any extended family or even close friend (because I have been crippled with panic.) The oxycodone helped incredibly, the constant terror stopped, and I was able to move forward and start putting a life together for myself.

It's not working anymore.

The pain in my spine is almost non-existent, but the panic is as bad as ever. When I wake up in the (late) morning, I just lie there and cry. I don't want to move. I can't get dressed or do anything productive.

I'm broke and lonely, not qualified for SSDI (because I raised my 2 girls. Neither will talk to me anymore because of my sadness.)

If I stop the oxy, I will probably be a total basket case.
I have a 16 yr. old daughter and a small dog, who has been my life line.

I would greatly appreciate any replies.
welcome...For me when i was addicted to lortabs..After my pain went away i continued to take them because of the energy, and just felt more productive...Then after a few yrs of having to take more and more to get the same effect, they actually started doing the opposite effects ...meaning , they were making me tired, I would get nothing done, and wasn't taking care of myself, or things that needed to be done....I also was getting depressed, and didnt' want to go anywhere , or be around anyone....Which was not the way it started out when i was taking them....I think this happens for many of us..

Are you seeing a doctor at all?  or taking any anti-depressents?

If you want to get off of them we are here to help you...god bless
r2r
Thank you for your response.

I have suffered from anxiety, severe depression, and just incredibly bad luck. My husband of 21 years left (and left me with nothing.) My children are out of control, and if it wasn't for my dog, I would do myself in.

I have nothing to continue for except for my dog, whom I would not leave. Now I have addiction, on top of all of this.

I began training to prepare for a yoga-training program, but I can't pay for the program and, somehow, the yoga is the only thing that I can seem to actually get out of the home for. I just want to sleep for a long, long time.
I take prozac 40. But I think that I am reaching an endgame quickly.
Your not alone when your on this forum. I'm much like you except a dog I have 2 cats and very much alone. Not to mention my IRS troubles and the list goes on.  But I do believe in prayer and that I have inner strength that I will tap into to get me thru these bad times and to make sure my cats and I live well. You can do the same.

Take Care,
Dove
The reason that I first picked up oxys was for anxiety. It's an odd, long story that I won't go into other than to say that I understand exactly what you mean when you say that the oxys made you better. For me, they not only made my anxiety better, they made EVERYTHING better -- for a while that is. The rudest awakening that I got when I realized that I had become physically addicted was that withdrawal would involve anxiety. The irony of it!

If you check yourself into a detox center, they will be able to help you with medications for the anxiety while you're getting off the oxys. Then, you can follow up with some outpatient stuff. I'm sorry about your family. As far as that goes, my recommendation is to get involved with NA and AA and find in those fellowships a family that will help you with your addictions. You're not alone in turning to opioids to fix what's wrong inside of you and your not the only to find that they mess up what's inside even more. Reach out, Annick... call a substance abuse hotline... there are people out there who want to help.

I wish you the best.
yoga is wonderful...and there r tapes u can buy for next to nuttin....the Flow Series...Gaim makes it...starring tracey rich and ganga white...google it....it can take ur mind miles away and also help pain/anxity/depression and weight gain/3 tapes/earth, water and fire/...do sumpin that makes u feel good....yoga makes me feel good...plenty of other avenues....do u have alot of time on ur hands?  there r things u can explore to help that as welll