Aa
A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Neurontin

Looking for people's experiences with Neurontin 1) in general and 2) specifically if its helpful for withdrawal.  The poll is for people's experiences using Neurontin during withdrawal - not necessarily FOR withdrawal but just if you used during.   lso let me know if you feel like it, what it actually helped with.

If you have other experiences with it, please comment on this post and let me know.

I was prescribed it weeks ago for facial pain, but I havent filled it.  I dont like the 'stay on it for a long time' directions my doctor gave me.  Nor do I like the gradual increase is dosage he prescribed.  So Im kind iffy to fill it.

Thanks MH

Yours always - RB
15 Responses
495284 tn?1333897642
COMMUNITY LEADER
I have no info to give you on this as i have never taken it.

Girl we gotta get you moving in the right direction here......glad you are trying again.  What are you going to do differently this time??
Oh sarah.. I just dont know.  I keep talking shi*t about needing to attend meetings, see a therapist, etc but I do none of it.  I think that is what I need to do.  Meetings/Therapy.  Ive tried maintenance (subs) but never dealt with the underlying issues. I think that is the core to addiction.
Glad to see that you are giving it another go.  It takes a lot of strength to admit defeat and get back up to fight again. I send hope and compassion your way!!!

Good luck!
Thanks Axl.  Admitting defeat seems to be what I do best lately.
Awww....come on now!!!  Don't be so hard on yourself!  ;)
675718 tn?1530036633
i take it for a nuerological disorder i forget what it's called
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.