Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Neurontin

Looking for people's experiences with Neurontin 1) in general and 2) specifically if its helpful for withdrawal.  The poll is for people's experiences using Neurontin during withdrawal - not necessarily FOR withdrawal but just if you used during.   lso let me know if you feel like it, what it actually helped with.

If you have other experiences with it, please comment on this post and let me know.

I was prescribed it weeks ago for facial pain, but I havent filled it.  I dont like the 'stay on it for a long time' directions my doctor gave me.  Nor do I like the gradual increase is dosage he prescribed.  So Im kind iffy to fill it.

Thanks MH

Yours always - RB
COMMUNITY LEADER
I have no info to give you on this as i have never taken it.

Girl we gotta get you moving in the right direction here......glad you are trying again.  What are you going to do differently this time??
Oh sarah.. I just dont know.  I keep talking shi*t about needing to attend meetings, see a therapist, etc but I do none of it.  I think that is what I need to do.  Meetings/Therapy.  Ive tried maintenance (subs) but never dealt with the underlying issues. I think that is the core to addiction.
Glad to see that you are giving it another go.  It takes a lot of strength to admit defeat and get back up to fight again. I send hope and compassion your way!!!

Good luck!
Thanks Axl.  Admitting defeat seems to be what I do best lately.
Awww....come on now!!!  Don't be so hard on yourself!  ;)
i take it for a nuerological disorder i forget what it's called