Oxycotin Detox
This board was suggested to me by a friend and I am so glad that I have found it. I have read most of the previous Oxy questions but still would like some additional help.
I had back surgery about a year ago and was prescribed percocet for the pain. Eventually my doctor took me off of that and said that he would not ruin my life with pain meds. Now comes the tricky part! I have also been sharing the perks with my girlfriend who consumes the same amount as I. We were now taking about seven perks apiece a day. My Doctor said that he would not "ruin my life" but he knew of a pain managment doctor who would. I went to this doctor and was amazed at how eaisly he wrote out scripts. Immediatly he put me on 20mg 2x a day (oxycotin) and gave me an additional 40 perks a month for break-through pain. Which by the way I have none of. Anyway, we started eating this pills slowly at first but were eventually up to about 80-100mg. a day. Needless to say when you times this addiction by two it gets very expensive when you run out. We took this medication for about four months and then one day last week realized how theese pills were ruining our lives. Everything from not having sex (I am 28, she is 26) to not being able to function without the pills. I am on workmans comp and have alot of free time, she does not work. We would wake up every day...peel two 20's each and chew them up before even getting out of bed. After that we would "fly" around town doing a whole lot of nothing. Sorry to ramble on but we really have no one else to talk to disscuss this with. Today is day seven, we are pretty much detoxed in the sence that we can now go out of the house but my girlfriend still experiences cold chills and sweats during the night but she is slowly getting better. She also takes xanax once in awhile to help with this. Remeber I get 60 oxy 20's and 40 perks a month. Now is the hard part. I have the next two month scripts sitting on my desk waiting to be filled. I want to know what we should do in order to stay off of this stuff? Please do not suggest any AA type support groups as we are not about the whole group thing. We are however very serious about this so please do not take our not wanting to go to NA as a sign of us not wanting to quit. When you consider that if you sit at home and chew a couple of them little devils up EVERYTHING in life is interesting. Without them, we find ourselves bored and depressed. Will this pass? Will we be able to enjoy and be interested in things as we were on the pills? Two nights ago I went to see a concert totaly straight and was bored out of my mind. The show itself was great but I kept imagining how much better it would have been on Oxy's. I would like to know if there is anyone out there that is having the same problems as we are and if anyone got through it to the point were they now enjoy life to the fullist? Thank you so much for taking the time to listen and I look forward to your replies.
I just noticed that I failed to respond to your questions about obtaining narcotics over the internet. That sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? I know that the Mexican pharmacy web sites advertise oxycodone and vicodin and Xanax like they were bath soap, but if you read the fine print, they're only selling you a guide to Mexican pharmacies. I've never followed the trail beyond this point. However, I do know that vic's and oxy's are definately federally controled substances in the USA. As far as I know, it's illegal to purchase or even possess them without a prescription. If you take a chance and send for them through the mail, I'm not sure you won't have the package intercepted by the US Mail and get a visit from someone you don't want to know. Having been in legal trouble over drugs in the past, I wouldn't risk it, myself. Maybe someone else reading this thread (any representatives of the DEA visiting us tonight?) can give us the legal lowdown. I mean, really, oxycodone is just about the next best thing to heroin. How CAN that be legal? Wouldn't people be ordering it by the truckload?

Anyone out there ever bought narcotics through the mail?
Hi everyone.  I hope you are hanging on Chad. I am in recovery from pills too.  It's no walk in the park BUT anyone who truly has the desire to stop using can.  The will is stronger than a pill - don't forget that.  I have been taking Kava, Valerian rrot and ginseng (natural herb supplements) to ease the discomfort of withdrawal.. The physical withdrawal is not as difficult as the psychological withdrawal. Finding this forum tonite is a blessing.  If I weaken, I will be sure to wait for a helping hand from you all.  Keep the faith.
Maybe "obtaining the narcs" question wasn't the best to pose on this forum. Anyway I am finished with illegal activity since next time I will go to jail. Everybody gets one chance to screw up, it's called pre-trial intervention after that you're finished. I will be finished with PTI in November. Then I will look into having the arrest exponged from my record. At that point I will look to get back into social work. Right now I'm working part time and rather enjoying it. I had to chuckle when I read what you do for a living. All this time I'm thinking this guy speaks so eloquently he must be a college professor. All the while the answer was right in front of my eyes. What kind of stuff do you write? Newspaper, magazines or have you written books? I haven't seen anything written by CHAD lately. I hope he's all right. I hope he would continue to correspond even if he slipped. But I will not think the worse. He may be corresponding via his own E-mail address. Oh by the way, I have made an appt. with the fitness club for Sept. as I hope to start at that time. I'm hoping that my addicting behavior will be used for something positive. Well off to work...Take care and I will check back tonite.
I thought of this the other day but forgot to mention it: there's nothing like a little education, check this out if you want to know more about the drugs you use:

www.opioids.com

A rather scholarly treatment of the subject free of sermons and doctrinaire anti-drug blather.

Take care.
Glad to hear you're not following up on the mail-order dope angle. I have a feeling you'd just get taken. As careful as I am giving out my visa number to reputable e-merchants like Amazon, the last guys I'm going to trust with it are a bunch of renegade Mexican pharmaceutical dealers! For one thing, you might actually be doing business with a DEA agent. Might as well fax them a signed confession. Most people in drug enforcement consider us to be no better than child molesters anyway, so why not use the same tactics to bust us? Somewhere off in the hazy future, I believe sociologists will look back on the "drug war" as a human tragedy comparable to racism. How can we possibly justify giving early release to violent offenders just to make room for some poor slob with a third-grade education and a drug habit? I've considered producing a book related to my life experience with drugs, but I've hesitated up to now because I felt I didn't really have a worthwhile or unique point to make. The last thing we need is another "how I got loaded, then real, real sorry, then sober" book. But I think the shaming of addicts, to say nothing of the jailing of them, is wrong in both a practical and ethical sense. I think we could use an examination of society's scarlet-lettering of drug users with particular attention paid to the consistently abysmal results.

But that's enough from my soap box. To answer your question, Angie, I've been everything from a journalist to a technical writer for the computer industry. It's not as colorful as writing novels but it usually pays a lot better. I've been a source of fascination to many an addiction specialist, as well as one or two superior court judges. Actually, a lot of people in the literary and computer communities use. Probably just as many as in any other walk of life. Besides, I think the impulse to get high comes from one of the more primitive sectors of the human brain, making one's professional background no more than a footnote (pun intended).

I am also thinking of Chad tonight. I wouldn't be too surprised if he converted one of those oxy scripts and doesn't want to tell us. I hope I'm wrong but if I'm not and he reads this, Chad, there is no shame in struggling with this thing of ours. I used to say to myself, "This is the last bottle" every single time I filled a prescription! I'd be sorry to hear it because I guess he had made it through the worst of that horrendous oxy withdrawal and now will have to do it again. When I was doing Vics at a record clip, I'd run out and go into withdrawal every couple of days, until I was almost used to it. But oxy withdrawal sounds like a particular ***** to undergo. Angie, you're smart to cut your life of crime short. These days, they catch you pretty quickly and the penalties seems to increase almost geometrically with every bust.

I'll check back in a few if you or anyone wants to talk. By the way, WHERE ARE THE DOCS? I THINK THE SITE'S BEEN CONVERTED TO SELF-SERVE. BRIAN, ARE YOU OUT THERE, MAN?
Well yesterday turned into a real shitty day. I was informed by my boss that he only had approval to use me until labor day. Upon hire I was told that info., however during my working there I was told that I was put on permanent part-time. I believe my boss got mad because I left early for a hair appt. During the past few weeks I have left early several times for various appts. Maybe this was the straw that broke the camels back. I know this guy and his wife on a friendsip level before I worked for him. This came as a big shock because of the circumstances. I believe a warning should have come first. Anyway I can't get this off of my mind. I, in my state of hurt and anger, made a beeline for the phone called an old friend and copped a few darvocet. Guess what--it made me feel worse. It was like it magnified my miserableness. I couldn't wait to get to bed to escape all these terrible feelings for eight hours. Today I feel a little bit better. Hope your day is much better than mine.
Sorry to hear your day went so bad. I dropped out of college after two years when I made a baby at age 22. I was doing the honorable thing as it was called, in a marriage that should never have been. After three years of hell, during which I began my career as a full time junkie, I divorced and, broke and in debt, moved into a boarding house. I now have a wonderful son I am glad I stuck around for, but I struggled in jobs I hated for about 10 years before I worked my way into a technical job with computers. A few years later, I was given a chance to write about computers. I never planned it that way, but it really saved my life. Without a career that allowed me some self-respect and hope, I would have gone completely into the drug world and wound up dead and/or in prison. I just wouldn
Re the hotmail account: I (or you) can go to hotmail.com and create (for free) an e-mail account that operates through the hotmail server independent of our home (or work) e-mail accounts. You can name it anything you like, so it doesn
Today is Friday and I'm getting ready for work. I had yesterday off. I hesitated to read your reply since I thought I might have some sort of lecture coming. To my pleasant surprise your response was more of a comfort. The only problem with what I did yesterday is the want for more. Oh well that will die down again real soon. Part of me thinks I was taking this job for granted. I still stand by my original feeling that this was harsh and unwarranted. I have made up my mind to do the best job I can for the time I have left there. Although I didn't quite understand the account set-up you suggested (I have only had this computer for a month and still learning) I will give you the day or so you need and you can explain how it works. Have a great day cause I'm hellbent on having one!!!
The hotmail account sounds like a good idea. I hate to tell you all the different sites I have to through to get to here. I know there must be a shortcut but like I said before this is new to me. I had a great day today, just made up mind to do it and not feel sorry for myself. I think I didn't want to lose my security blanket and have to venture back out for a real job. Well I see you responded to Chad (very well I might add) and I too was smiling to myself. Although the situation in itself is not funny haven't we all been there. That's the amusing part. He's in for a nice rollercoaster ride. Poor guy! I think being with someone who also uses makes matters worse. Double-Troube!!! I do wish him well...I had to respond to him myself. Well I will check for your address but if for some reason you don't hear from me, check back here to see if I had problems figuring it out. I really am more intelligent than that last sentence sounded> Ha Ha! Talk to you soon.....
did you say you were fired at one time for using on the job? How did that happen? Did you get drug tested?

also, when you get to the forum site, "bookmark" it if you're using Netscape Communicator, or save it as a "favorite" if you're using the Internet Explorer browser. That will take you directly to this site. Don't bookmark it when you're in this thread, though. Back out to the level where all the threads are listed and do it there. It will save time.

I must admit that, after an intense first week at the software developer where I now work, I had to "reward" myself by adding a Soma (a non-benzo muscle relaxant) to my usual dose of Darvon. It's the only thing I take for no other purpose than to feel good. But when it's gone, no big deal. It's one of those drugs I mentioned that don't overtly hook me. I get some every couple of months or so. I'm so conditioned to reward myself with a high after a lot of work, I simply must do it if it's around. Getting Soma is easy if you have a back problem: ask for Valium and then mention you've also used Soma successfully for your back problem and your doctor will usually "bargain it down" to Soma. He's relieved you're not insisting on Valium. That can work, fortunately or unfortunately, with pain pills: ask for the moon and settle for something down the list. Doctors will almost always give you Darvon or Ultram if you start out asking for Vicodin. It's a classic but it still works. I'm not encouraging you to use, but the Soma is an example of diverting your use to something that won't take you over. The docs won't be thrilled with me posting this, but then they're not around, are they? And adddicts will be addicts ...
To answer you question,I started by getting into med room and taking any narc that the pt. was finished with as it was in a pile to go back to pharmacy. This is how I got to try Roxinal and oxycontin. Then I made a really f-up decision to take something that wasn't in that pile. Percs that the pt was still using. They count them on every shift, something I was ignorant of at the time or so much in addict mode that I didn't care. You know when you think it's not going to happen to me cause I'm so trusted. A touch of grandiose behavior, don't you think? Anyway only two of us had used the keys to enter the room, so the tested both of us and took us to the police station where we were asked questions and if we were willing to take a lie detector test. Of course I said yes but after they talked to me some more I broke down and told them the truth. The detectives were extremely nice to me and informed me they knew I did it as opposed to the other girl. They said that I made eye contact in the beginning but looked away during some of the latter questions. They also told me that had I continued to lie things could have been worse. I explained that I was going to lose my job and they went the extra mile to talk to my supervisor on my behalf. It didn't do any good, however, because I stole it was immediate termination. Had I gone to my boss and admitted I had a problem before I took anything, I would have been eligible for the employee assistance program but guess what? I didn't want to do that and embarrass myself. Can you imagine that? Thats when and how I got into treatment. I've been reading your responses to Chad and all the others, it makes for interesting reading. Oh, I forgot the punch line to my story, the drug test came back negative for oxycodone. I tested positive for darvocet and barbituate (esgic) both of which I had legitimate scripts for and proved it. Boy, does that bring up some bad "stomach in the throat" feelings. Well we live and learn! Thanks for the advice on the computer I will try it.

dearest chad. i have the upmost respect and admiration for you my brother. as we both know and have encountered the road to been free of opiods is a difficult road with many whinding paths to lead us astray. stay strong brother from what i have read in all your letters and replies it seems that gradually each day you are doing better and better and my brother now i think the opiods physically have left your system if i am right tell me! however for the neuro0transmitters to get back to a normal functioning state prior to opiod use it takes time and alot of it brother chad. i am talking like anywhere between 6 months to 2 years yes chad it takes alongtime for the neuro-biology to return to a normal functioning state prior to opiod use but if the research is correct as time gies on the seratonin and noredrenaline levels do tendto improve each day and depression should be a thing of yesterday if that makes sense, what i mean is that day by day the seratonin and noredreanile levels begin to average out again and begin reproducing themselves post opiod use which does block the production in some people of these mood altering chemicals so if you are feeling depressed i reccommend go and see a specialist my brother, there is a wonderful anti-depressant called efexor which is a relatively new one. it works on both the seratonin and the noredrenaline and slightly the dopamine pathways so it touches all three of the most neuro-transmitter pathways brother chad.

donot fear going on an anti-depressant iknow for me the efexor has made the world of difference especially since i retired my opiods which i was using 5-8 years for pain management but became bitterly addicted and the level of oxycontin went from 20mg's to 160mg's just to sustanin myself brother so i know exactly where your coming from and where your going and how you might be feeling with the whole detoxification process.

please drop me a reply my brother as i mentioned earlier you seem to be a very knowledgable person with alot of fight and spirit and heart and i have the utmost respect and admiration foryou and yes let us educate others my friend as if we can help or educate even one soul than this is fantastic.

love always andrew elchemarcos best wishes and hugs to you brother...

Thanks for the info about Effexor. I've been on Paxil, Zoloft, Prozac and Ativan with no good results other than "I want off this ****". So far I've only had a slight tiredness and sometimes a feeling of falling(roller coaster type). I realize that this kind of med takes weeks to begin it's magic so I am being patient as I was with all the other stuff that I've tried. You are the only person other than my doctor that I know of that has any experience with Effexor. He says that it has saved some marriages and that both spouses have responded with good results.
Will keep you posted. J.B.
What a coincidence! My doctor just started me on Effexor. He handed me a starter pack to gradually get accustomed to the drug and so far I don't see anything happening. I was on Paxil for three months but took myself off of it beacause it made me tired all the time. I'm hoping that the Effexor works for me as it has for you. This state of depression is about 90% of my problem right now. Be well, J.B.

hey there J.B. how are you feeling at these moments? well listen to me brother i can give you lots of support in regards to the efexor seeing as i have been on it now for 18 months. i am currently at a dose of 300 milligrams 15 twice a day and have been as high as 375 milligrams.

firstly j.b i know where your at, at this moment in time, you just want some relief now and want that horrible depression to go away now. my brother it will trust me, i have been diagnosed as suferring from clinical endogenous depression also brought on through genetics thanks to my family hahaha.

before efexor i was on every anti-depresant nearly available, zoloft moclobemide cipramil amitryptyline etc etc... it was not until i went to a good therapist that i came of all these second rate anti-depressants for me and she started me on the efexor.

i can tell you honestly i felt an immediated relief within 3weeks and its full full effects around about 7 to 8 weeks after beginning the efexor. i was started on 75milligrams and was raised gradually to 375 milligrams over the seven week period.

trust me J.B have patient really really give the efexor a go and see somebody as well my brother like a counsilor as half of it is pills the other half talking about the underlying issues. see what i have finally learnt is that my efexor can deal with the chemical imbalances in my neurchemistry however it can not fix a situational problem like a shitty relationship job or whatever your issues are, so please speak to somebody anybody trust me deal with all that underlying **** brother and the efexor well it will do its part to bring the rainbow back into your life trust me.

a little bit now about the efexor. efexor works on two main pathways unlike most anti-depressants which most only work on seatonin or noredrenaline, however the efexor works on both equally and this is why i believe it is better for us types who have not responded to other medications of the anti-depressant groups, as well the efexor lightly touches the dopamine pathway which is a bonus as this is to do with energy and other things another mood neurotransmitter my brother.

i have found at first i felt a little tired with the efexor but when it really kicked in my energy increased as efexor is an adrenalin it is also a stimulant anti-depressant or as my therapist has told me it should after it kicks in properly work as more a stimulant anti-depressant than most others thus you should not feel tired once it truly kicks in okay just be patient pray and have faith in it.

i remember when i started on it i really put my faith in it and prayed it would give me relief from my pain my deep deep suferring and depression and suicidal feelings i was having and J.B it did this.

now i am very stable completely non depressed and am still on 300 milligrams of the efexor which i can honestly say has been the impetus from my recovery from my deep depression.

so my brother hang in there have faith and i wish to you all the best of spirit and really hope that the efexor makes the difference for you like it has for me.

also J.B if you have any comments or any questions please please reply to me okay even if you just want to chat about your feelings of depression drop us a line brother okay.

love andrew be well and hang in there J.B.

good i am glad you will keep me posted J.B. seeing as i am the only otherperson you know on the efexor then maybe as it starts tokick in or you have concerns feel free to ask away brother as i did experience many side affects, nothing major and nothing thatlasted more than a week at the most. so really keep me posten okay i also like you have been on the zoloft however that took me to high and came of it. the efexor is the best medication i have ever been on and i can honestly say to you j.b that had inot been put on the efexor then i doubt very much whether i would be here today writing you this email.

however i am glad i am here and livng a functioning life like others. hang in there brother as each day rises that venlafaxine is kicking in even more and before you know it you will have an enormous relief when your horrible depression subsides and remember even when yourfeeling good dont come of it okay trust me i tried that sometimes we need to be on it for some time for it to change how our bio-chemistry functions okay.

why were you on the ativan? do you experience anxiety? as i am currently taking 2milligrams of the ativan every night and it helps me heaps to have no anxiety and to sleep. well let me know brother?

all the best to you and yes i would believe that efexor has saved marriages i have complete faith for once in a drug and this is the one, efexor has changed me forever j.b and for the best.

kind regards andrew....
I was on Ativan for anxiety attacks which came usually at night. I was on Combo therapy for Hep C and depression and anxiety were just one of the side effects of this chemotherapy. One of my doctors tried me on Valium for a while, switched to Xanax and then switched to Ativan over a period of maybe 18 months. I was a miserable wreck during this time not only because of my health, but also worrying about my family and job as well. I don't handle stress well at all but am learning through stress management therapy how to better cope with it. Hopefully, I will be able to conquer depression someday. Be well. J.B.

to my dear friend j.b. my dear friend you will be able to conquer the ugly face ofdepression my freidn i believe this to be the case. be strong withinyourspirit and remember if you feel low do not try and fight this feeling rather become a prisoner for a while to these feelings as the harder youtry to fight that **** painful feeling and i am speaking from experience heremy friend, the stronger it gets within, i chose finally after trying to fight it to just let it run its course to succumb and to embrace it, then over time the efexor kicked in and won the battle over my depression.

i am sure you will experience the same victory, and i know brother that right now is probably the most difficult timefor you just waiting for it to do its job but be strong foryou your wife and your family and trust me it will kick in, remember it is still early days at the moment.

love forever andrew.

p.s i have faith and hope for you J.B.
ialso been on lortab 10mg for 2plus years for pain i wanted off of them and went into detox for5 days iam having big trouble with pain and nothing iam taking is helping is it better to stay on the drug and tolorate the pain or to suffer with out?
You think you had it bad.  I was getting sixty loratabs a month and was taking about three 80mg oxycotins (the green bombs we called them) a day.  I had no script for the oxys but I did have a script for the loratabs but I had the money to fill the scrips of oxys for other people that didn't have the money so I would get them at a good price.  I got to the pointe to where I couldn't go to work without taking something.  I don't have a clue to why you couldn't have sex though.  When I was on them I could have sex for seven or eight hours and still never ***!  It was like a godsent for her.  Although for alot of people narcotics have side effects for them but for me they allow me to function better.  I concentrait better and I work better.  I **** better and I think better.  I talk better and can learn better.  But all in all I just couldn't afford to spend about $150.00 a day on pills.  If I had a script I could have afforded them and never had to have gotten off of them.  If they were ruining your life because you couldn't function on them then you need to stay off of them.  It sounds like to me you and your wife are just lazy and don't wont to work and use it as an excuse.  It is a ***** to come off of them but you can do it if you have the time to just sit around and do nothing but recover in bed for a week or two.  It just takes will power.  You and your girlfriend both need to get a job and do somehting productive to get your mind off of them.
CHAD
I am a college student
I have read this whole damn list of replies.
This has made me stop and look at the big picture
I hope that you decide to reply
whatever the circumstances are..
you have inspired me to stop taking these damn OC's
for a little while.... at least.
I don't want to have to take an
OC to clean my damn apartment or go to class.
Remember at the beginning when you wanted replies?
I want your reply
Chad
I have been inspired by your story,
please feel that you can come back and share
wantever has happened, even being relapse.
It is best to be open about things to
start to help the problem, just know
that you have inspired me to take a
look at the big picture and my problem
with the OC's.  I did not know you guys were out there.
thank you
Please let us hear from you
jade
Chad,
You have no idea how your story affected me!  My husband's sis is on disability for being obese and she has a steady supply of pain killers.  Norco, vicatin, whatever we wanted.  A week ago she kicked down a bunch of oxycotin and wow, they are a blast!  But I began to feel uneasy at how often we (my husband and I) were taking the stuff.  For pleasure only.  So I got on the net and I found this site.  What a wake up call!  I was chilled to the bone at all the stories of all these people trying to get clean from this ****.  And my husband and I are well on our way to major addiction.  I know it.  Right after I get done replying to you, I am dumping the bottle in the toilet and I am going to have a long talk with my husband.  I am going to show him this site.  I am thinking of you and will be praying for you, my friend.  I believe that nothing happens by chance and that I found this site and learned what I did just reaffirms that in my mind.  Life is precious, Chad, even if it may not seem like it right now.  And know that your story had a huge impact on my life and I will never take pain-killers for pleasure again.  Thank you for being so honest and courageous.  Be strong.  I will visit again to see how things are going.
eat em', eat em'
sorry that happened to you
i was recently working in a chemist that had the meth programme and pyschiatric clinic contract. i saw all these drugs you are talking about. I'm on 100mg of zoloft and was taking xanax. I am extremely fortuneate enough not to have become addicted to prescription drugs. I'm addicted to a natural pain killer - marijiuana. this is much milder a form of addiction. I do suffer from severe depression and anxiety and a feeling of hopelessness surrounds me everyday.I think because i did become addicted to dope, and thats hard enough for me to give up, i wouldnt let my self take that step to get addicted to prescription drugs. Tempting though, very tempting but each time i was feeling bored or a little anxious and i reach for my xanax i'd ask myself a couple of questions - Do I really need this right now? Do i recall that smoking a bong when i was bored or a little anxious is what led me to becoming addicted to dope? Have i felt like this before and got through on my own, drug free? What did i do as a child that i enjoyed doing? Can i do that now?
           Why do people take drugs, drink alcohol? Simply, they are unhappy with themselves. Either they think they are a better person when they are in slightly altered state of mind or they dont want to think too much because if they think too much they will think about their faults (and humans aren't supposed to have faults or make mistkes!!!For some reason that is floating in the back of most people's mind).All humans want to get high.Some do it by becoming a boss and get the high from bossing around employees some do extreme sports to get a high. I think there are good highs and bad highs.Good highs - climbing a high mountain, getting high passes in exams, helping someone else for no reason at all except that they needed help, painting a picture, doing something you have always dreamed of doing, the list is endless but you get my point.Bad highs - drugs(derr!), alcohol,fighting,hurting someone else,destroying something for no reason, again the list is endless. Do you see the diff. between good and bad highs? Good highs - anything you do that helps better you or someone else even in the smallest way. Bad highs - something you do that makes you feel good at the time and **** after. Anyone like to add anything? You may think I don't know anything and you may be right but take what you want, what feels comfortable for you, from what i've written thats all i ask. I was fired from the chemist because i was getting too emotionally involved with the meth and phychiatric patients. I just wanted to help them but i started to emotionally suffer and increased my dope intake and zoloft dose.Just like you guys i just want to be happy and excited about life and i am willing to try anything. So, i found this web site that i believe will be beneficial to me and possibly to all of you.I dont know the exact location but if you search in Yahoo for "Get off drugs Naturally". I say "possibly" because everyone has their own path to happiness. It sounds great. I think you like go away for a few days and you have a counsellor with you all the time and you do things like rock climbing, white water rafting, relaxation techniques and they detox you with spa baths, sauna and food that will replace the vitamins and minerals that you will be losing due to it having to work extra hard. I dont know how much it costs, but it is all over the world. Please remember Everyone has faults, everyone makes mistakes.That is not important.What is important is that 1. recognising your faults (but not beating your self up over them). 2. Do something everyday (and it doesnt matter how small) that can help change your faults or help prevent you making the same mistakes. You are your best friend and if you are not starting going about making your self your bestfriend because its the only person you can never get away from.Always remember the good things about yourself and congratulate yourself on it. Dont let other people tell what will make you happy unless you agree. Lastly, be honest with your self but also be kind you deserve it. I will be as excited as anyone else on this site if i get a response. That will be my good high. xxxxxxx

I,ve been through this enough, I,m in out patient
now. You need to read and learn, every time you cave to the urge
the addiction gets stronger, so you have to get stronger too.
Suck it up and start living. I know its easier said then done,
but think of how strong you'll be. Patience, please.
Just know, dont mess around anymore.

P.S. I have to practice this as well.
You ask a very important question, and the answer is yes.  You can be just as interested in things as you were on the pills and it is called being happy and content and satisfied with your life.  I am not coming down on you at all.  I do identify from my own personal experiences w/ Darvacet.  There is a deeper problem here.  The depression and/or unhappiness you feel "post-euphoria".  I took pills, too.  My boyfriend (I'm 23 he's 27) and I actually took darvacet (similar to percoset) for several months just for fun.  We had a friend w/ a lifelong prescription who sold them for extra $ on the side.  $30 for 20 pills.  We had to share 20 for one week, so our habit wasn't quite as extreme as yours, but I do understand the dependancy.  I felt as though I wasn't able to face the world without it.  It gave me energy, made me much more confident, and made me able to "be" the person I wanted to be.  It numbed the "bad" feelings I had.  But, it was all in vain.  You can't take a pill and be that person.  You have to live it.  You have to find it for yourself.  I am the kind of person who carries a lot of guilt, and after I stopped taking them I was looking back, like, "who the hell is that person?"  I got really disgusted w/ myself.  We stopped because it was expensive, and we didn't really get the effect we wanted after awhile.  Anyway, I don't know if you can identify, or if you are still checking this page, but I wanted to share.  There is life after pills.  Time heals all wounds, so don't think it will happen overnight.  Pulling yourself out of something that you know is bad for you, whether it be a bad relationship, an addiction, a lousy job...whatever it may be, you will feel much more powerful having accomplished it.  You will feel strong and able to conquer the world again.  Trust me.  I know.  And you will, too.  The best of luck to you,
Sara
I have read all these posts about being addicted to all these different opioids. I ma a 32 yr old chronic pain patient who takes methadone and oxyir for breakthrought pain. Before this pain relief I had no life but thanks to the relief i was abled to finish mt Masters degree in rehabilitation Counseling, work full time as a n outpatient therapist and am now looking into doctoral programs! I did my graduate research on The Use of Opioids to Treat Chronic Non-Malignant Pain.To summarize my paper opioid therapy was found to be a VERY viable, successful and safe mode of treatment, providing other treatments have been tried. Are you all truly psychologically addicted or is your body of course phytsically dependent? BIG difference! Did youy Drs make you think you were addicted? I can be reached to discuss this more at ***@****. I am writing from a library computerbecasue mine will sonn be fixed. My research was even used at the internatiol pain conference! they are scurring me out so fogive the spelling errors! God bless and i would love to chat more about this! Sincerely, Michelle Wagner MS PLPC
What's peeling?  how do you cook down oxycontins, what's that mean?
i've been reading here for a few weeks now and wanted someone to share my story.  It's almost like if I say it outloud it's real and if I ask for help, there is always that part of me that doesn't want to give it up, ya know? I get oxy's, Lortab 7.5/325, and 10/500, all I want.  It started for a disease but it's way beyond that now.  How do you taper? is that really better than going cold?  I find when I go a few days, I 'reward' myself by taking something. I was in the hospital over the weekend and was getting 10-15mg morphine IV push every 2 hours for 3 days, now my tolerance is way up and I'm afraid I'll crash hard.  Any suggestions? I always thought I was too 'smart' for addiction, jokes on me huh?
Hey.  I am 17 years old, almost 18, and I have been strung out on OC's for about 4 and a half years now.  I got in a little bit of trouble here recently and had to go to a Group Home for 6-months.  I am in month 2 now and believe me, I know what you went through.  It was pure hell for about the first two weeks.  I had to go through it by myself because I couldn't let anyone else know what I had been doing.  I was up to snorting about an 80 a day, on average.  That wasn't even on a good day.  And I could handle just doing a 40 a day but I would start hurting so bad man.  It was ******* awefull!!!  It has taken so much of my money.  I was in a bad car wreck and got a BIG settlement, needless to say that I have went through most of it now.  I have stolen off of my mother and everything man.  But I do not agree with methadone.  I know a lot of people that go to the local clinic, and the way I see it, it is trading one thing for another.  If you miss a dose, the withdraws are terrible.
hi everyone, i have been taking lortab to get high for the last year. they are very spendy and downgrading to a person. i have no pain problems i simply just like them. today is saturday nov. 11 and i have decided i will no longer take them. i am a very succesfull business owner and mother of a 10 year old son. my husband has no idea of the pills i crave. i have never tried to stop taking them before. today i finished the last of my casche. i took 3 lortabs 7.5. do you think i am going to go through withdrawls. i take them to party on mainly on weekends, but have been known to have them during the week "just to chill". i hate these pills but love how they make me feel. there is no one else i can talk to, not my husband, best friend or mother . i just need to know what will happen next. it seems that you people have certainly been there. please help ...p.s. good luck chad...........p.s.s. i hope i have realized my problem eary enough,, what do you all think?
receptor therapy is an easy iunexpenive new way to kick..........i just went thru it........staying clean is very hard........pills can block pills usefulness........go for it
I have been taking vicodin for about 8 years now for severe back pain. I only take one or at the most 2 per day. A month ago I had  shoulder surgery and the MD gave me vicodin which I took 2 every 3 hours as prexcribed. Now he refuses to give me more - says I should be done with pain now. The truth is I'm not done with the pain, I want more vicodin - maybe just 2 a day in the evening when I'm trying to relax. Is this the beginning of addiction?  Was I addicted all along at taking 1 a day?

Any input would be great. thanks

techie
To all of you

I am a heroin addict who has been trying to stay clean for 16 years now.  I am a member of NA.  Trust me guys and gals, this program is no religious in any way.  All it asks is to find a power greater tan yourselves.  I have been relapsing for 3 years now, first with the norco and then percocet.  When those would work anymore, I started using heroin again, I am 46 years old and the kick this time was unbearable!!!  I will continue to go to my meetings and if i fail again, I will start over. Shiat, its like I crave the drugs ssoooooooooo bad!!!!  I want to be clen in recovery, but lost my way.  I neeed to talk to someone.  JB have written me and anyone else PLEASE write me too, I feel like dying right now.  Walls are closing in and I cant breathe. Love you all as addicts in pain

Love

***@****
I wonder what chad is up to.  Just learned of this drug over the holiday due to a friend putting himself in detox.  This has been an interesting and educational read for me.  Maybe it'll help me to help my friend.  Maybe it'll help me deal with my own alcohol addiction.  Thanks and good health to all.
my brother takes the drug as an addiction. you say your life is boring, so did he. he did not think about the fact that he would lose his job and not remember to take care of his baby. i used to do pills. i quit. cold turkey. it was hard. every day i look at my self and i look at my brother and think, how could i have been that. in time, if you have the willpower, you will see that just being alive is interesting. if  you have all this free time, find a better addiction, watching yourself live instead of dying. this drug is amazing. one day you could be watching all around like the old hippies, thinking how wonderful it makes everything. the next day, though you felt no different, your heart could suddenly stop, and there you'd be. i am sure there are many who would miss you. imagine what it would be like for one to die and the other to have to go through this alone. i am very proud of you for trying to stop, but though you dis the group thing, remember, it is easier to do something as a group. it was easy for you two to get addicted together, imagine how easy it would be for the two of you to get clean with two more, or four more. couples just like you who admit they need help, and know the others can be tat help. you can't do it alone. please, for the sake of saving yourself and possibly someone else, stay off the drug.
I was on methadone for about 4 yrs,then underwent the rapid detox procedure.I did great ,despite being extremely sick for a bit over a month,then I started using oxys again!!!I have only been doing them for 2 wks now and know the sooner u get out the better.I have no choice but to taper down myself at home then go through the withdraw symptoms as I do not want anyone to know ,but my drug counselor does know.I have no idea how I should taper myself down over the next wk.and have no clue how long the withdrawl will last being that I have only been taking an 80mgoxy a day.Of course this is now just substaining me.any help or advice on how I should taper and info or opinions on how long the withdrwl will last and how severe it may be would be greatly appreciated.I've gone thru oxy withdrawl but that was after years of using,I am hopeful it won't be soo bad this time!Please respond asap because I have to start the taper tomorrow and am clueless!!!
Sydney... if it's only been 2 weeks, your w/d's shouldn't be too bad.

but listen - you posted this at the end of a very old thread.  i'd like to suggest you make a new post and repost this question/post.

i don't think alot of people are on tonight, so if you don't get some feedback, PLEASE post again in the a.m... there's alot of people here who can help.  i know it got alot of us through just being here...

personally, if it's only, again, been two weeks - i'd go c/t.  but that's just me.  i don't know a good taper sked or i would give you feedback on that, but many on here do.

again - please repost this to a new thread so everyone sees it.  there'll be alot more folks on in the a.m... many of who will help ya all ya need...

so hold on tight darlin... we'll help ya get through!

talk to ya in the a.m. I hope...

be well...
mj
how do I post as a new thread????Do u think after cold turkey id feel better after 3 or 4 days I hope so,But help me figure out how to post this as a new thread and thanks for the help!!I am soo ashanmed that under one percent of addicts get to have rapid detox procedure and here I am again,but I realize I have to stop NOW,thanks for the advice and ill wait for a reply!!!
don't be ashamed.... first of all.

if you go to The Addiction Forum (click on it above) it takes you to the main (current) page of posting.

I believe it says "Post A Question."  That creates a new thread.  Then repost your earlier post.

and yes, after 3 or 4 days you should feel better, but as you know, after the initial he** there's some residual stuff (sleeplessness, some anxiety/depression, etc.) but about a zillion times better, every day, than being on these f***ing pills.

don't panic honey... we'll help ya through.  just get through the night tonight, breathe, and i or someone will walk ya through in the a.m.... :-)

and if you want to post to me directly anytime, please feel free.  i wasn't on oxy's but i loved me my norco's....

ok buddy, i'm logging off now. but  remember what i said.. breath.  sleep tonight.  and tomorrow you can start the fight!  which you'll win.... Anything, ANYTHING, is possible if you want it bad enough.

take care buddy,
mj
ps - breath.  :)
THANK YOU I DID THAT AND HOPE TO HAVE SOME RESPONSES IN THE AM.
Timed Tapering: Chad, you've got the amount of medicine to make this happen!    
NOT DOSE         I honestly believe it will work for you.  You also have the support  
TAPERING         and common interest of your Girlfriend.  Please Read this Post.

I want to share a method that was used by a doctor to wean me off of Demerol (meperidine) after three months of use which culminated in 14 days of having it injected Intravenously 75 mg every 3 hours.  The chances of NOT being addicted to that drug after that type of chemical barrage are slim.  It was legitimate and controlled by a doctor and a neurologist, both of whom were treating Migraine headaches that bordered on Status Migrainousis (constant Migraine) and simply debilitated me and made me wish for a coma.  I ended up sitting in a hospital bed for the sole purpose of stopping this chemical from causing seizures and withdrawal.  I was only there for four days at which point I was okay not taking the Demerol anymore.  It was not fun.  But, it had to be done and I thank the doctors for taking the responsibility to see me through that nightmare.  
     Being addicted to these drugs is NOT a CHOICE!  DO NOT FEEL BAD!  It happens to so many people.  And without people to stand up and say, "hey, there's nothing to be ashamed of, it's no reflection on YOU as a person and it has everything to do with chemistry and our bodies... it could happen to anyone."  Be ashamed, as it does reflect on you, if you choose NOT to fight.  NO one should go into withdrawal without a plan.  And if possible, no one should do it alone- in steps your girlfriend!
     I believe the wrong Taper is being endorsed by everyone on this site.  I hear about tapering the dose on a (regular) dose-STRENGTH oriented schedule.  When in fact your body is CONSTANTLY (on a time-clock) eliminating this product from your system.  IF you have been taking this medicine (which ever Narcotic you may be addicted to) it is built up in your system and slowly, painfully leaves.  So, instead of trying to cut back on the strength of doses... PUSH your doses out as far as you can comfortably.  If you normally take it every 4 hours.  For a few days, take your dose twice a day, every twelve hours.  The lapse in timing may be a bit uncomfortable but the end result if MORE of the drug and all of its metabolites and by-products LEAVING in between doses.  And, if you stick to the "spacing taper" you will eliminate the narcotic while still controlling some of the withdrawal symptoms- AND without having that "powerless" feeling of running out of the medicine and waiting through the detox period.  After a few more days, only take the dose to aid you to sleep.  If you can keep spacing and spacing and spacing, the dose you DO take will NOT contribute significantly to the level of the drug in your system.  When you finally, after a week of spacing it all out, decide to STOP taking the drug there will be so little of it in your system that you should be minimally uncomfortable for a short period of time.  
         IF YOU HAVE A SPOUSE OR LOVED ONE... have them regulate your "spacing taper" and surrender your medicine to them.  Keep active, take your vitamins and drink lots of fluids the whole time.  Smile as well and find things to laugh about- it will release natural feel good chemicals.  
       And please don't EVER feel helpless.  You are a more powerful creature (as a human being) than you could ever imagine.  Your body and mind WANT/NEED to survive.  That you posted on this forum makes you strong... it's an admirable thing to admit weakness and ask for help.
     Be well, be strong and brave this thing out; you'll make it.
Hi..

You just posted..a whole lot of stuff..to someone who was here 7 years ago, and is no longer here. If you would like to make your own post, got to the top of this page and hit "post a question".
hey hun
have you heard that the drugs are only symptoms of our problems!!!
its all about changing ourselves. if you do not want to go to NA or AA go to a book store and get some books on after the drugs are gone.
depression is a b  itch!  i am 42 an  dgn with a serious cancer.  so my life may really be over.
At 28 i won a few medals for gymnastics. my life, was great, meet and married have three wonderful kids and i would give it all up[EXCEPT MY KIDS]  first child at 29] to be 28 again and drug free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
without one f "in medal!!!!!!!!!!!feel blessed you still have your youth and a wonderful girlfriend.
you still have your health.  please seek some help to talk to others GOD BLESS
sorry i ment at 28 i was talking about health ed[i was not 28 when i won] . the kids were inpressed because i had won medals at the olym's but i was 16.  my point is 28 was the miracle age for me if i could go back in time that is the age i would be.

no-one knows what lies ahead you are so young!  i am 42 with all kinds of problems because of my gymnastic background.  i am addicted to pain pills.  can not seem to function without them.
could not go into a crowd of kids to speak inless i had a few.  talk about hipocrate!  don't do drugs and here i am popping pills!

thank god you have a girl friend to go thru this with.  you will make it.  the depression and craving do subsiide.  i wish you get help how come so against NA?  there are meeting which are fab.

i lived in NJ and i know there can be some unusual meetings find one that works for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Hi there,

I realize that the original post is very old, here, but I thought I would throw out some info that I recently found. I was stuck on Oxy for years (290mg daily), and I got off of it with very few withdrawals. I used a product called Heantos and someone named Mary in San Francisco guided me through the process. It took about 7 days for me to get through the process, but, man, it was so much easier than cold turkey! I found out about Heantos in December of 2014, and I was clean by February 15th of this year. Been clean since. I don't work for anyone right now (still picking up the wreckage of being addicted), so I am not a representative for this product. I just know it worked like a charm. My withdrawals were about 25% of what they were when I tried kicking on my own. Just putting this out here in case it can help someone else.

Peace,
Joe