Aa
A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Quitting Zoloft After Ten Years

Hi, I'm a 27 year old mother of four and I recently have been debating on whether or not I want to quit taking zoloft. I take it for anxiety and panic attacks and i have figured out that because of this medicine i now have hypoglycemia, heart palpitations, memory loss, and dizziness. I was wondering if because I have been taking it so long I might be making a mistake quitting. I hear about all the horror stories of all the people who quit and their problems returned, but the medication wont work anymore. Im also afraid that my body is so used to the medicine that it wont function properly without it. But if I keep taking it I am causing harm to my body. What should I do, and if I decide to taper off, how would i go about doing that? I am currently taking 50 mg. Thank you so much for your comments and suggestions.

This discussion is related to I NEED HELP PLEASE..
1 Responses
495284 tn?1333897642
COMMUNITY LEADER
You will need to taper off this med if that is what you decide to do.  I would really talk with your doctor and let him/her help you with a taper plan.  Better to be safe than sorry.   sara
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.