Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Quitting Zoloft After Ten Years

Hi, I'm a 27 year old mother of four and I recently have been debating on whether or not I want to quit taking zoloft. I take it for anxiety and panic attacks and i have figured out that because of this medicine i now have hypoglycemia, heart palpitations, memory loss, and dizziness. I was wondering if because I have been taking it so long I might be making a mistake quitting. I hear about all the horror stories of all the people who quit and their problems returned, but the medication wont work anymore. Im also afraid that my body is so used to the medicine that it wont function properly without it. But if I keep taking it I am causing harm to my body. What should I do, and if I decide to taper off, how would i go about doing that? I am currently taking 50 mg. Thank you so much for your comments and suggestions.

This discussion is related to I NEED HELP PLEASE..
COMMUNITY LEADER
You will need to taper off this med if that is what you decide to do.  I would really talk with your doctor and let him/her help you with a taper plan.  Better to be safe than sorry.   sara