Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Reactions to withdrawal

I have gone through Naltrexone detox and I have had 5 days of nausea and vomiting. I am relucteant to take the Naltrexone because I am not sure if this is causing the nausea. Please let me know if anyone has experienced nausea and vomiting for this long a period following detox. I have had IV fluids and to aid in any dehydration. I am not sure if this is part of the withdrawal. I have been clean from Oxy for 5 days. Please help !! Will this feeling end? Finished.
Finnished Where r u?????
Suzie
I am waiting reply to my question?
I am sorry i do not have an answer to your question.  Probably there is no one else on here now.  Weekends are usually slow.  But u wil get plenty of answers within 24 hours i am pretty sure.  
Peace to you!
My head fricken is killing me soo bad....I do not know how i can llve like this again!  Now that i am off the pain meds...This relentless pain reminds me of why i went on th e stadol.  
I need all of your prayers.
Suzie
How long is a piece of string? Everyones physiology is different. Some can go through withdrawl with very few symptoms, others are textbook. I will tell you one thing, mental attitude is the number one factor in you getting over this faster. You can talk yourself into being sick or well. With 5 days under your belt the worst is over. Have you been eating well? Your diet could also affect the recovery. You need plenty of fresh vegetables, juice and vitamins. Anti-nausea medication also has a side effect of lethargy. Take a walk, get off the computer and get outside and smell the fresh air. Give it time and you WILL feel better. God bless and hang in there.

Jerry
If you are able. Get in a dark place and put a cold pack on your head. if you don't have one use frozen lima beans, okra from the freezer.
  It will go away. My prayers with you.
Going to"google" to look up your demon. Hane no knowledge of it .I'll be back.
   B'Belt
If I could eat I would. One sip of water and I can't hold it down. Not sure if the Nalroxone is contributing to the nausea. I have much support from my family, but they want me to take the Naltraxone. I am gonig to beat this, just need to see if anyone knows or has taken Naltroxone and has experienced the same.

Fleet
Suzie, Keep the cold packs on your head. Don't look back at why you started, think positve and stay focused on why you decided to stop. I will pray for your recovery and my own.

Fleet
Fleet-

I do not know of anyone that has taken that med.so I can't even give you any suggestions of what it may be from.  My advise to you would be to speak to the doctor that gave you this med!!  It could be a reaction to the  med.  Ask him if you are suppose to be feeling that way and then ask him what he can give you for the nausea.  If it isn't from the med and it is only a remant  withdrawal symptom then it should pass in a few days.  I will try to get more info for you on the side effects of this med.  Hang in there...

Suzie..
How's your head doing? I see your doctor gave you more ultram. Email me and let me know what the doc said, or catch me in chat or IM. Hope you are feeling better...  My thoughts & prayers are with you.

Sharon
HELP!

I havent posted here much the last couple of days. For the most part the reason is I am embaressed. 6 days into my recovery I took  a pill. Since then I have been using again, not as much as before...but 1 is to many I guess. I don't know what to do. I feel myself going out of control again. I can't tell my boyfriend, after all the help he gave me and all I put him through....I am afraid he will hate me, he will surely be disspointed in me, I'm dissapointed in me. I don't know what to do,I know this time that if I do not get professional help...I will die or end up in jail. I am SO SCARED!!! I just need people to talk to, I will be checking the board for responses throughout the rest of the day and night. I hope you guys at least understand,

-Anthony
DO NOT be so hard on yourself. We have all fallen at least once! You just have to pick yourself up and start over. Its not easy hon but you can do it.Never saynever!! Just start at day one again thts all you can do. Look forward not backwards.Were all here for you and send our love and support. Ill be praying for you to have strenth hon. Just keep posting and you know what you have to do. Your only human and we will all always make mistakes. All we can do is correct those mistakes..         God Bless...       J.E.W.
I did the same thing. Iwas 15 day's clean from OXY's an one day I wanted to get high so I did, But the good thing about both of us we regret it. So don't let one screw up stop your recovery. They say after day 30 the craving kind of ease up. I'm at day 26 an it is getting a little easier. You heard this a million times but one more time won't hurt (ON DAY AT A TIME) don't think about tomorrow just get through today. We'll I;m going to a meeting now so I'll be back around 9:30pm EST. Hope you don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank
I actually have done the same thing, I think we all do. I felt like the worst person on earth after everyone helping me so much and then screwing up again. To this day I still have trouble, but I am confident that one of these days it will all be like a horrible nightmare. I know you were calling them in before, right? If so is that how you are getting them this time? You can do it I know the couple times I relapsed it was for a couple of days and then I stopped the withdrawles weren't nearly as bad since it was just a couple of days but the anxiety is the worst. Just don't let it consume your whole life so you months and months again, or you WILL have to go through the yuckies all over again. Just tell youself you made a mistake but tomorrow I am going to start all over again, you just tripped and fell but now you are getting back up again. I know you can do it, like me you just need something else in your life since the drugs are all you are used to. Take care and don't be so hard on yourself I think everyone on this forumn has done that a few times themselves. Good Luck!

Michele
Yes hon we have all done it.  Now the question is are you gonna fall into the total trap of relapse?  Heres how it goes..."WEll i already messed up bad so i might as well take more.  Wut a f__ up i am.. I am just a loser for relapsing.  No point in trying to quit again cuz i just can not do  it..I am just too weak.  Etc. So i might as well just keep on this sheeit cuz I am failed at withdrawal. "
Ok man.  that is the diease trying to convince u to keep taking!  Are you gonna let it do that ?? Are yu gonna give into self degredation and let it fuel your "need" to use??
I belive u are much better man thatn this disease wants u to believe!
You can do it.  One day at a time. Just do not take more today!  That is all u have to do.  but.. you need to listen to me and go to na daily for now....Right???
Peace, hugs and hope!
Suzie
Anthony,

We have all been there before.  Don't be too hard on yourself.  This whole addiction disease is very difficult to overcome.  We have faith in you and we know that you can do it.  Don't under estimate your boyfriend, be honest with him and explain to him how very hard it is and that you need his support and help to continue on this difficult road to recovery...

Sharon
Having wd?

Do not take ANPHETAMINE thinking it will give you something to do. As it may seem to help at first. I could not sleep, my brain got locked into that thinking zone. I started thinking up ideas for filtering codeine from tylenol #3. I hated it. I craved, opiates until 5 the next morning.

I relapsed, that day..

I detoxed from methadone and started naltrexone and didn't make it after about a week, was put on hydrocodone and reschedule for another rapid, anasthaesia assisted detox.  I made it through about 4 weeks on natrexone, and then stopped.  The natrexone had no negative side effects (but detox does).  (It does take away cravings for cigarettes, makes you sexually very "sentive", and reduces the effects/binding of opiates by binding the receptors as an antagonist.)  In case you don't know, do not take this medicine if you are actively using opiates, as it will put you in immediate full withdrawals.

Please help:  I am still totally and completely freezing (and in pain) after about five months!!  I was put on oxycontin (20x3), which doesn't do piddly for me (other than make me depressed, constipated, and lower my sex drive).  I am so freezing cold all the time that my life is sheer and total misery.  The heat can be cranked and under quilts and in sweatshirts (several) and I am still freezing.  Please tell me why!?!?  Is this from the methadone stopped five months ago at 100mg?  Could it be from disk/spinal cord rubbing/pinching?  Does anyone suffer from this from other opiate w/d's??

What is the cure!?!?  I'm sure 200mg of methadone would work, but until it's available for life at the grocery store, I won't go that route.  Thanks for reading and any response.  You can email me too at ***@****.  I hope you all find warmth and comfort and found a way to alleviate deppression.  (Any help there would be appreciated too.)  - freezing  (thanks.)
Hey buddy, so sorry your feeling like this, we all understand and beating yourself up is going to make you worse...you did it, the only thing you can do to make it not happen is ask Pharmacies not to feel any scripts...I wish I could help. I know it has to be worse for you because it is available all the time.
We are hear to listen..IM me if you need...
God Bless you

Suzie..How is your head...so sorry I cant imagine having headaches...that would be the pits...careful of that Ultram...
To be clear Fleet, I had absolutely no nausia, let alone vommiting from the Natrexone.  Perhaps you were not completely detoxed before you were started on the Natrexone.  Did you have any other w/d symptoms with the nausia/vommiting?

(That, above, was my first post.  I look forward to receiving, and possibly giving, some help.)  If anyone can help me, particularly with the freezing problem, see post above, I will be forever indebted.  Thanks, and well wishes.
Hey Anthony - OK, so you've relasped a little, and the sad truth is you'll probably do it again. In my own experience, each time I relaspe, I come back from it a little stronger - after a few times, it gets to the point where you actually get pissed off at yourself and that makes you even more determined to do better. Before long, the relaspes get fewer and farther between (at least - this is my experience). Hope this makes sense. You've done great so far; just because you've "backslid" a time or two doesn't mean you failed...you've just fallen off the horse (so just get your ass back on!)....smile...  A little "tough love" there....(kidding - just trying to make ya smile)....You're gonna be OK - you have a lot of strength; I can tell that by your posts, although you may not feel it right now, I honestly believe you're gonna work through this.  Keep fighting the good fight, Anthony.  I believe in you.  Love, Lisabet
Whered you go? Hope your ok. I e`mailed you. Did you get it?It didnt come back. Hope your just spending time with your family. Day 18 coming up!! I hope I dont go through that depression everyones talking about. Cant stand for no depression!!! Take care my friend..             J.E.W.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if this freezing is still part of your withdrawal from meth!  I am actively detoxing now from meth and I am cold all the time. I am down to 6 mg. now.  It takes a very long time for all of the meth to leave your system. And it takes a long time for your body to get normal again.

Sharon
Anthony, quit beating yourself up and start all over again dude! We all know how you are feeling, disappointed, angry, helpless, etc...   Just remember, these too will pass!  Let it go man, it doesnt do any good to make yourself feel bad.   How are you today?
How goes the battle Chi?