Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
1124967 tn?1283705847

SAD!!!

So sad tonight and can't stop crying.  Where did everybody go.  I feel alone tonight and nobody to talk to.  I was on such a great high today and now feeling the lowest of lows.  I know that is all normal.  Just needed to vent a little.  Take care.  Jeri
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Normal!!! At 15 days I wanted to rip my coworkers arms from their bodies & beat them with the bloody stumps! I had a 5 year 20 a day Norco addiction. Today is day 23 & it's a good day. You may actually have a depression issue that you arenot aware of due to all the self medicating we do. See your MD & tell him/her what is happening. It sounds stupid but try finding the pleasure in things & string them together. Life can hurt sometimes but this too will pass. You are really not alone. If you can, seek out an NA meeting. No one will judge you & you will get the human contact you need. Your husband has church, make that your safe place to go. You can even get a hug & feel better knowing that others understand.
Helpful - 0
1198767 tn?1299636401
I answered your pm
Helpful - 0
1124967 tn?1283705847
Hey girl, i must say i am very proud of you too.  I know we started around the same time.  Glad you are hanging in there!  Keep it up and yes WE CAN do this!!!  I am feeling much better tonight.  This week i am focusing on getting out more, going to the gym, and eating healthier....so hopefully that will help some with my emotions.  Take care.  Jeri
Helpful - 0
1034192 tn?1445509784
I am also 15 days clean and I can certainly identify.  I am not crying but I have this undercurrent of anger going on.  I think if I found a pill today I would of took it. Luckily I didnt and I got through another day clean.

These emotions are just phases in our recovery.  Detoxing was one part, now our brains need to make new connections and chemistry.  Its like PMS, very real but temporary.

We can do this!!
Helpful - 0
1124967 tn?1283705847
Thanks Brian!  I am really proud of my accomplishment.  It was very hard to get to this point but i made it and happy to do so.  You have really encouraged me along the way! Thank you so much! I am proud of you too!  Take care.  Jeri
Helpful - 0
1047946 tn?1332608029
Being 15 days clean is a huge accomplishment!! It takes a little bit of time to get over the anxiety and depression but it will pass. Always remember that tomorrow will be a better day. We also have to realize that even non addicts have their rough days. We as addicts were so use to taking a few extra pills on our bad days to make it through. Eventually you will be able to push through the rough days just as anyone else does. I know it's hard for us to realize this but it will all work out. If we have 10 bad days a month that means we have 20 other days that are good days. We just have to find the positive no matter how negative things can seem to be at times.
Just hang in there Jeri and know that the depression will pass. It doesn't get better overnight but it will get better with each passing day. Be very proud of yourself for what you have done. Knowing you have 15 days clean should bring a huge smile to your face!!
Keep up the great fight!!

Brian
Helpful - 0
333612 tn?1302883390
Glad to help. Keep posting...you are doing an excellent job!! You're emotions will stabilize..it just takes a while. Like you said...plus, a fight with hubby and then he bails to go to church doesn't make things any easier on you  :-(
Take care of yourself
greebs
Helpful - 0
1124967 tn?1283705847
You are right!  Everyone is watching the SB.  Not much of a football fan myself.  Thank you for the encouraging words.  I just needed someone to talk to for a minute.  Appreciate it.  I guess it probably didn't help that the hubs and i got in a fight before he left for church.  That never helps depression..lol.  Thank you.  I will have myself a good cry and move on.  I need to learn how to cope with my emotions without taking pills!!!  Thanks again.  
Helpful - 0
333612 tn?1302883390
If you wanna sing out, sing out and if you wanna be free, be free...cuz there's a million ways to be...you know that there are

Don't get down on yourself...if you feel like crying...then do it. It can be cathartic if you play your cards right. I think a lot of people are watching the superbowl right now....I personally can't stand football so here I am.

Hang in there and keep posting. It's okay to feel blue......things will stabilize for you. Just don't worry about it and live in the now....and if you feel like crying or laughing right now, then do it!

Stay strong
greebs
Helpful - 0
1124967 tn?1283705847
My doc was roxy/oxy.  I have been clean for bout 15 days with a minor vicoden relapse in between.  I was doing wonderful today.  Nobody but my husband knows about my addiction and it is hard when your having a rough time and nobody to talk to.  He is at church tonight.  I did go shopping for a bit, but it felt really weird.  I almost felt out of place and like everyone was looking at me.  I have been high everyday for almost a year.  I guess i just need to get used to my daily funtions being myself.  I do talk to my friends on the phone but i can't tell them about my depression or addiction.  I just act like everything is okay to them.  I am sure this depression will pass soon...i don't know what's wrong with me!!!  Thank you for being so nice.  You take care too.  Jeri
Helpful - 0
177003 tn?1266270355
I'm sorry you're having such a bad night. The crying is good once and a while. I know you feel lonely. Are you alone all of the time. I don't know what you DOC is or whole long you've been using. You did the right thing by coming here b/c the worse thing you can do is isolate yourself when you feel depressed.
'
You can vent here anytime. I might be able to help more if I had more info.
Take Care.....peace....LS
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.