Scared of what tomorrow might bring.

I recently had surgery, on May 5.  Today is the last of my pain meds. then I am going to take motrin as needed.  So I took 2 weeks worth of VICs.  I am an addict and know about the relentless WDs from the first time I went clean.  This is why after 2 wks I am going off the meds.  What I am wondering is will I be sleepless, and have the horrible WDS this time, or not?  Scared of how I will feel tomorrow.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I don't really know for sure but I think you will feel some minor discomfort but since you went throughw/d before you will know what to expect only not as bad just arm yoursself and remember this will pass I think the hardest will be the mind games
snowflake
Helpful - 0
It is very interesting you bring this up. I actually had jaw surgery on April 5th!! haha, a  month sooner than you! I was prescribed Norco for the post op pain. Now being an addict, my doctor only sent me home with 10 at a time. I took them for 2 1/2 weeks. I did have slight RLS for a couple of nights, but thats it. I was also lucky my g/f gave me my dosage and I never had control of the bottle.

SO the question is, did you abuse it or take it as directed? If you took as directed, you should feel no w/d's, or maybe just a day or so of discomfort. How do you feel that you are not going to take them anymore?

You will be fine!
Helpful - 0
I know what ur going through. Take 1 day at a time.
Helpful - 0
Well sadly, I abused them.  I was prescribed 1 to 2 every 4 -6 hrs as needed.  5/500.  I took 4 @ a time.  twice a day.  I know I will be miserable, only I know that this is the only way to stop.  I could get more if I asked, however, I am done 2day.  Thanks and wish me luck.
Helpful - 0
I had some jaw surgery as well. I made myself take less then what the bottle said. I took 1 in the am and 1 in the PM for only 3 days. No w/d's alot of pain but no w/d's lol!
I think I was more afraid of the w/d's again then the pain that I was having.

Good Luck. Should not be that bad for you!!

Terry
Helpful - 0
It might not be that bad! 2 1/2 weeks is not a long time.

Good luck, and let us know how you are feeling tomorrrow.
Helpful - 0
Hi!  Hope you are well soon!  Two weeks isn't too awfully long, am glad you didn't go for the month, I'm sure it would have made it worse.   You may notice some mild symptoms but I don't think it will be realy bad.  Let us know how you're getting along.

Ella
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community