Should you choose Suboxone?

Suboxone is a great option for getting clean.
Ask yourself the following;
Have I tried to taper and failed?
Have I tried cold turkey, only to relapse?
I have a job that I CANNOT take time off from?
I have other responsiblities that cannot be ignored?
I fear for my life if I continue like this?
I fear for my health if I continue like this?
I may lose everything, family, job etc. if I continue like this?
I need the time off my doc, but feeling normal, to retrain myself and get help?
I will check into other options and understand my choices thouroughly?

If you answered "yes" to even a few of these questions, SUBOXONE may be for you.
Go to SUBOXONE.COM and find a doctor near you. Read all about this option.
Make an educated decision.
everyone does post their resarch, what their on and how its working. This has nothing to do with methadone. I am just letting people know how horrible sub withdrawals are by showing them proof of account of people withdrawing in their own words. I eany peopl to  knwo what they are getting into before they choose sub and thats all. If people can post DONT USE METHADONE and its ookay. I can pst KNOW WHAT SUB WITHDRAWALS ARE LIKE BEFORE US them and its okay. not like im just making stuff up. im backing it up with magazine, statistics, facts and reposts from suboxne websites of peoples horrible withdrawals and their are thusands of posts. not my words. the words of people on sub
That research is from personal experience. I haven't seen anyone go back and copy and paste old posts from others they have never even communicated with. The people that have posted about not using methadone is from their personal experience and they are sharing their own story. I haven't seen anyone posting articles from other people from a few years back. I think anyone that posts information on suboxone or methadone should only do that if they were under a doctors care and have first hand experience taking them as part of a approved program. Just my opinion.
this is nothing but a personal vendetta, and you know it..and everyone else sees it...
suboxone was the farthest thing from your mind when you came here...
everytime you bash me with my suboxone treatment, there are numerous other people you are bashing also...
there are HUGE differences between suboxone and methadone, anyone with a mind can see it,
i certainly dont have to post a thing about methadone, people just know.  but hey if you want to blame me for methadones bad reputation...whatever...who cares, you need to give the members of this forum more credit than that...they are far from stupid...they know quite a lot, including YOUR motives.

DEAD HORSE...
I went back and read some old posts about methadone. From what I have read it can be just as addicting or more addicting than any other opiate and you can achieve a high from it. After reading the old posts if it is addicting I think it would be very difficult for a addict to only take it for a week or so. It's kind of like me with vicodin. Always telling myself that I was only going to get one more refill then I was done. We all know how that goes! I can just see how some could get hooked on the methadone for longer than a week and then it's too late. I also have read where methadone is so much more difficult than other weaker opiates to get off of. From what I read of suboxen is it can not produce a high if taken as it's suppose too. So from what i have read if you can be 110% positive that you can only take the methadone for 5 days and no more, maybe it's worth a try. But being addicted to opiates I don't think I can say it's worth the chance. I wish now I never would have got involved in any of this! But I've never taken either one so I'm going to get out of this conversation now!
WHY are you here...What is it that you need help with..Wait2long is a wonderful person..you are being very difficult...please stop..
let the people HERE who HAVE first hand knowledge!! YOU DON"T.so why are you answering those questions that you do not have personal knowledge about!!! Thats why I don't..I can only answer people about what I KNOW first hand...Does anything I just said make sense to you!!! Good lord!!!! You have no business answering...especially when you don't even know,,Please stop it already...Is this a feel good thing for you or what..
like bmc said...you pasting and copying others problems with sub doesnt do anyone any justice, we dont know the whole story here, they most likely jumped off at a high dose, used it wrong-weekend warrior syndrome...etc...numerous reasons why they failed at sub...but they are not here to ask these questions to now are they?
post your own experiences with sub...or dont bother.
there are plenty of posts that say people got off sub just as easy as you did methadone, but they arent here to ask...
you are not here to help anyone, you are here for your own selfish reasons and a personal vendetta with ME...it is so obvious...
and i dont see nor have i ever seen ANYONE asking YOU about anything as of yet...why?  because they know you dont have the experience or knowledge to back it up...plain AND SIMPLE...STOP EMBARRASSING YOURSELF...
this post is not asking about suboxone withdrawals at all cat...did you read the post?  yes you did!! which is why you are here stirring the pot...you know exactly why you are here and so does anyone who has had to put up with your BS...
..we have all grown so tired of you...UGH!  
you would think you would want to find a methadone forum...you would have NO problems there...this is not a forum that advocates methadone use...never has and never will...
I am the one who started this post, and I did not mention methadone in any way, good or bad. So don't even attempt to say I was methadone bashing.
There are also stories of people who came off Sub with little to no problems.  If done right, there should be little to no problem.
Yes, there are quack doctors out there, telling people to just jump off the Sub. That does not work.
Catchiec,  I will leave your posts alone, please do the same for mine.  I'm really growing tired of this game and you don't seem to be here for any other reason but to play this game. I never see you posting to really help people or to get help for yourself. So its getting so obvious to all, that you are just here to start trouble. Ya know the horse we keep talking about?
OMG Catcheic, .............You don't get it......You are posting people's stories that took sub improperly.   Jumping off at high doses.  This is insane, and you yourself have never even taken it.  Please stop this krap.  It's just not right.  Suboxone needs to be used properly.  Why would we even post about someone abusing it.......any drug can be abused.
Like Wait2long said.......Methadone was a bad choice long before you came here.
You were very lucky that your detox with it went well. It could have killed you !  Don't make us wish it did.  We are good people here, but you are really pushing it.  Please stop !
I think you need to get counseling..There is another forum for that,,This has been posted and posted and posted and posted..You really are just trying to cause strife and at this point i am contacting med help..You are I think...having alot of fun..go to the general chat for that if you want to drive us crazy..go somewhere else..I'm sure there is a forum for that. Actually...alot of people are going to be going to med help. When more people become upset ...you are not hear to help.thats a shame. I pray you haven't scared someone away that really needed help..Shame on you.
CATCHIEC.........
I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SAY??
YOU HAVE NO POINT!!
YOU ARE VERY RUDE AND INCONSIDERATE!!
!
I was on OXYCODONE/PERCOCET  for 2 years, heavy last 6 months (30 mg little blue pills, 2 per day at least) . Ill keep this short-Due to very important reasons, I went into an inpatient Detox for 5 days. It was a Suboxone based clinic; Here is my story....
Day 1: I was near suicidal with WD Sick Symptoms when I walked in...I was given 4mg suboxone even prior to    finishing paperwork, 1400 hrs.-within 2 hours WD symptoms completely GONE. it was like a miracle. 2200 hours 4mg suboxone, slept 8 hours like a baby on the most uncomfortable bed known to man.
Day 2: 4mg 0700 hrs-4mg 1900 hrs-8 hrs sleep, feeling like bruce jenner.
Day 3: 2mg 0800 hrs-4mg 2000 hrs-slept 6-8 hours decent sleep.
Day 4: 2mg 0700 hrs-felt good all day, slept 6-7 hours with no PM dose.
Day 5: checked out of clinic-slept 8 hours in own bed, great sleep.
Day 6: RLS-restless leg syndrom starts in HIGH VOLTAGE gear-nothing, nothing, nothing will help-tried trazadone, tried requip 1mg- as one poster put it you just feel drowsey but cannot sleep due to RLS you keep tossing and turning based on the overwhelming leg restlessness-this is the worst feeling in the history of MAN, trust me.
Day 7: RLS-NO sleep for 2nd day.
Day 8: I am at work now and I still can keep my RLS in check, trying to put my leggs on the desk and cant even do that.

I dont know how long this will last. I will post after 3 days/ Hope this helps someone down the road.
So sorry you're still going thru withdrawels. To bad they didn't keep you on the Sub. long enough to get fully past the withdrawels from the oxys/Percs. Its not withdrawels from the Sub., because 4 days isn't enough time to get addicted to it and not enough time on it to get past the other withdrawels.  They should have sent you home with enough Sub. for at least 10 days with instructions how to taper off it. Sounds like a chincey detox clinic, hope you didn't have to pay alot for it. Look in the health pages on this site for the Thomas receipe, maybe it will help alittle. Also Hylands Restful Legs OR Hylands Leg Cramps with Quinine may help the RLS, you can buy it at CVS. Lots of hot baths.  So sorry your suffering, but there is never a miracle cure. Keep posting and good luck.
**Update**

Yeah at the clinic I was told 5 days of Sub is the most I could get and they did not even ask if I wanted a script. Followed up with my home doctor who dont know anything about this!

Well:

day 9: RLS continues-sleep no more than 1/2 hour per clip all night. Just awful, because I will drag all day and be useless!

day 10: this is right now-10:30 pm and I lay in bed in less than 5 minutes I am down on the couch kicking and kicking. It seems worse now than last night or the last 3 days for that matter. This is torture. I an one who loves to sleep.

I know if I took even 30 mg of percocet i could sleep 10 hours! WTF! I can not do that and have to start from square one!

I will post tomorrow to update on the rest of the night. Freedom has to be coming ;-(
I am sick of this.
Try a HOT BATH...that always seems to help my rls...right before bed....
I hope your symptoms decrese soon!!  Try some TylenolpM 1/2 hr.before HOT BATH!!
I am so sorry you are having to go through this...they should have kept you on the sub long enough to at least over ride the withdrawals from the oxies, etc..., not a very thorough detox...so sorry. although the RLS can last for quite a while, i'm not sure even 21 days on suboxone would have taken care of that...that is such a common symptom of withdrawals and the sleep issue also, can last for weeks or even a couple of months.
can you get  a prescription for clonidine?  it is a nonaddictive blood pressure medicine that they often prescribe to treat withdrawal symptoms, and it works wonders it really does, .1 mgs taken 3 times a day...and it is a cheap medicine also.  well worth it...
hot baths , heating pads or a hot water bottle.  
good luck to you!!
**UPDATE**

Last night was pure hell. 8 hours of RLS, every 3-6 seconds I had to kick and turn. It is like being in HELL. At 3:30 a.m. finally fell asleep-broken sleep until 8:30, no more than 20 min. or so each increment.

Called my doctor today to explain, he prescribed me ametripiline, 20 mg at bedtime. Pray it works! Please.

bty, for my friends with helpful hints-I looked up the Thomas Method and laughed at #1, Valium. How the heck am I supposed to get valium at 1 or 2 in the morning??!!

Advil PM, hot bath, and such-didn't even sniff my RLS!

Anyway, thanks, Ill post tomorrow with results.
Your friend-Randall Flagg
Sub is NOT a magic pill. It can aid in the reduction of acute withdrawal but you will still have withdrawals from Sub and if taken longer than 20 days or so the withdrawals can and often are much longer and drawn out than that of your original short acting opiate.
You will not get sick if you take opiates while on Suboxone but it will not get you high.
Please either plan on a very short taper, getting down to at least .5mg of Sub before you get off, or try tapering off your DOC before you go the Sub route.  
People who stay on Sb for long periods of time are usually worse off than those who try and come off their original drug.
This is not just my opinion.  This ia a fact and most doctors don't tell you about it because they either do't know or they don't care.
As with anything dealing with this stuff, and Sub is a very powerful opiod, you MUST have some sort of aftercare or you will relapse without question.
the addiction is a threefold disease, physical, mental and spiritual.  If you don't treat all 3, you will inevitably fail.
God bless and good luck.    
Also ask yourself this:

If I go cold turkey will it be dangerous?

Because for me, I would have seizures.  Plus I just couldn't stay off of the **** before.  I know it's better not to even start an addiictive drug, but the fact is I (and many others here) was already addicted.  Suboxone was there to be a buffer.
he was only on sub for 5 days, just in case you missed this part...so i am almost certain his withdrawals and other symptoms are because of withdrawals from oxies/percs...not the sub. i dont think he was kept on the sub long enough to over ride his withdrawal symptoms from his original DOC...i am certain from MY own experience in the past it takes longer than 5 days to withdraw from the high doses of oxies/percs he was on...

Ronlove1- have you called your doctor or even this place you went to for inpatient rehab to see if they will give you some clonidine (Not klonopin, although it wouldnt hurt to have 3 or 4 of those around either) , but i am sure you would be AMAZED at how well the clonidine would work for you...i used it during my induction from methadone to suboxone and am sure i would not have made it through without the clonidine. you have to somehow at least get yourself some rest...everything is always worse when your completely exhausted...i highly recommend this...
Thanks for the help. I did not call the clinic. It was clear the protocall did not include more sub unless you agreed to stay longer and the insurance paid for it.

Can clonidine be obtained elsewhere? My doctor has gone completely conservative.

Last night was tough, very little sleep and much tossing & turning.

My big problem is now work! I work extra hours and the 12-8 a.m. shift. I must ask you if I cant sleep I will be forced to take 10-15 mg's of oxycodone for NO OTHER REASON other than to get solid sleep. I have to put food on the table with 2 kids and a wife.

I try to sleep tomorrow morning again and I will try the amitriptiline and asprin (to thin the blood). If I cant sleep I will have no other option.

**NOTE**

As a person with Suboxone experience, I do fear the Sub is more powerful than folks think. Remember I went into the clinic near death and 2-3 hours after only 4mg's of Sub I felt normal, thats pretty fast.

I hope to update soon, thx,

RF
All of you scare the s**** out of me I found out about suboxone on this site and now the same people that thalk about it is the same people talking s**** about it, I don't understand really I really don't get it I'm on it now for 26 days feel really good I change doctors just last friday I was taking 2 2mg tabs a day and he up my dose to 4 2mg tabs a day bc he said I was not taking enough and that it was to soon to cut down so I took 8m for 6days and yesterday after reading this post got so scared I started taking 4mg again, this am having panic attacks no energy took sub and I'm ok now but really scares me to read I think I'm stayng away for a while.
In regards to Sadinmichigan's post: She is responding to Catchiec's posts (and there have been many, many others). This person has been coming on and harrassing some people and being nasty to the point that MedHelp has deleted some of her (catchiecs) posts. She has sent vulgar PM's to at least one person I know of. This person never comes on trying to help others or ask for help herself. Her sole purpose is to start trouble on the forum.
As far as Methadone goes...If anyone has gotten clean by useing it, well, thats great.  But there have been some very serious issues with Methadone (like death) and any  warnings given by anyone here on the forum are totally out of caring and concern for those people concidering that option. Like with any recovery program that requires useing another drug, people need to educate themselves on the facts, both good and bad.  And how to use it properly and how to get off it properly. I'm not even gonna go into the government involvement with some of these recovery programs......we've already beaten that one to death, so maybe another day.
There is a long history of Catchiec's posts. She was just on here causing trouble. It was more of a personal vendetta. There were many other threads to where this was going on. I can see how you would look at it like you did but if you knew the history of that person you would understand, trust me. Sadinmichigan is so helpful in peoples recovery and is a wonderful person. You just happened to read a post from her that has a lot more to the story.
brian
I dred the day you come off the Sub my friend. Better not have any dangerous items in your house for a few weeks.

bty, I find it hard to believe doctors who are educated give scrips of sub for such a long time. My own research concluded that the longer you take sub the worse the withdrawels.

I am just trying to teach my body to be 100% clean.

ty,

RF
Best of luck to you Ron. You have the right attitude about teaching your body to be 100% clean! I wish you the best of luck in your recovery! I don't know anything about suboxone but if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. The thing about addiction is we can all relate to cravings, withdrawals, and many other things no matter what we were taking.
brian
You're on it for 26 days already and your dr wants to up your dose?  Chances are that you will have substantial withdrawals from the Sub especialy if you continue to use it above 2 mg BUT if you need to stay on it for maintenance, ther eis no shame in that.
The easiest way to get off sub is to do it for less than 21 days and to get down as low as possible, preferrably .25 mg... barely a crumb.  Believe me, I know.
I just want to put some things into perspective since I feel methadone is getting a bit of a bad rap. I've been taking it successfully and haven't had any of the nightmarish things that have been said of it. You also have to remember that I come from Canada and there's a different ideology about methadone here. We go to a regular pharmacy to get our methadone and our doses aren't strictly limited as I've heard some programs in the States are. We also don't have forced detox from methadone as in, if you sign up for a detox program using methadone and you have to be off it in a certain time frame.

Methadone is treated as a regular medication from a pharmacy. You don't need to go to some special clinic to get your methadone nor does my country view it as trading one addiction for another. From my observations, and my discussions with my doctor, the US has a different view of methadone maintenance. It's looked down upon moreso than in Canada.

I suppose it matters how you view certain ways to help an addiction. I've heard many people say methadone is bad. I just want to also say that methadone, if used properly and with a very knowledgable doctor, is a fine way to come off opiates and is also used for pain management.

I don't think any medication for easing withdrawal should carry a bias with it on this forum. Every medication deserves fair play through a person's experience, as has been suggested. One person may not benefit from it but others have.

Just trying to balance out things....typical libra eh. :-)

methadone on the other hand....if your selling your body for drugs..sticking nasty needles in your arm,selling your kids or have terminal cancer..

That's highly judgmental don't you think? Methadone is used for chronic pain. Did you know that? Oh and I stuck 'nasty' needles in my arm too. This just furthers my point on how methadone carries such a stigma. A person who takes methadone must be 'really' nasty.

Thanks Brian thats nice to see we think alike.

There seems to be a misconception here that I have noticed. The problem is not that Methadone or Suboxone either dont or do work, the issue is once your maintenance is complete and you STOP taking either one how does your body react. Some peaple have good luck, some suffer incredibly, like me.

I am sure that while you are taking either one you will feel great. Read my 1st post-When I was taking Suboxone I felt like the man of steel. 2 days later, 100% narcotic free I began my 4 straight days with NO sleep due to RLS and such.

I can beat this addiction-I know that with my heart. I just can not live and function with NO sleep.

This RLS is so unbelieveable it is coming directly from Satin. I tried to take a nap from 9-11:30 p.m. tonight (I work mid-8) and with in 5 minutes RLS kicked in, my right leg felt like it was swelling up and had the creepy crawlies going up and down! Had to flop around like a fish and after an hour I had to turn the TV on and watch repeats of forensic files, now I am at work. This is torture, will I ever be able to sleep normal again without narcotics!!!
I don't mean to start an argument or anything ...but....
You were on SUB. FOR ONLY 5 DAYS ! What you are experiancing is NOT WITHDRAWELS FROM SUBOXONE. This is a fact.
You are experianceing withdrawels from  oxy/percs use.
Can you do me a favor and read my posts and tell me when I ever said my w/d's were from Sub?

I know exactly what my w/d's are from. I am suffering guy, bottom line. These threads are for me to tell folks of my experience and hopefully get some helpful hints to assist me in my ultimate goal: 100% clean 24/7.

If you are under the age of 18 please turn into a ghost. No hard feelings.

RF

I dont want to jump too far ahead of myself but I may have graduated from no-sleep to broken sleep. I still toss & turn and wake up constantly, but a few days ago I was not sleeping at all.....small steps in the right direction

I still have little to no energy all day long and my body is telling me it wants to sleep but when given the chance to sleep, I toss & turn allot with some RLS discomfort.

I have decided through my own research and experience that my sleep problems are from my brains inability to generate dopemine. I understand this can only be done through the healing process of the human body. Over the last year and a half I drained quite a bit, now I am paying the price.

It is scarey to think what it would be like if I can never sleep the way I used to before the oxy's. Anyone who has done it knows the enhanced deep sleep you get while medicated!

Went to a new doctor-one who specilaizes in this type of problem. BAck on SUB 4mgx2 for 7 days. will update after the week...
sub is only a half opiate unlike lortab or stuff of that nature which are full opiates so it is easier to step down on. When you step down like that, it makes the w/d's drastically more tolerable. For me, I only had some leg pains and a little trouble sleeping but aleve and potassium sup's helped the legs and melatonin helped my sleep. I only had to take sub's for 2 - 3 wks stepping down every 2 or 3 days when i couldn't even think about doing it with the lortabs (15 - 20 a day) that I was taking.
Long and controversial post...I basically ct hydros but do know about both of these drugs...we give methadone in the hospital for chronic pain and also to addicts...my son worked at a clinic/meth...suubutex (Buprenorphine) is used to treat pain in other countries but not sure if it has been approved yet in the US for pain relief purposes only..never seen it given for pain...I do know it is approved for addiction and suboxone is approved for addiction as well and contains the opiate blocker in addition to the Buprenorphine...I hope that I dont have to back and WD ever again to experience these dangers associated with either of these drugs as I know they are both habit forming as well...but i see how some need the extended help they can provide like flmagi stated...so far...if forced or if i screwed up and had to take one...i would choose suboxone as it would keep me from abusing other opiates at the time i was taking it...subutex and methadone do not have that built in blocker...and everyone is different...i have just read and researched and made my conclusion for what would work for me....IF I HAD TO CHOOSE!   and God help me...I am doing ok now....I never want to have to....good viewpoints and very educating...but could confuse someone new with no knowledge of all this stuff...health pages contain alot of good info on detox to read and digest,,,and make the choice that is right for you
Just so you know had I gone to the clinic and was given methadone than I would have taken methadone. I would have taken anything that helped cut the death-like W/D symptoms.

Why do you keep coming on her acting like this is a competition or something? This thread is for people to give their positive/negative feedback after using different methods. Remember different med's will have different effects on different folks.

If my W/D symptoms are bad after a couple weeks of SUB than I may cry myself to death. No sleep due to RLS is like torture from the grim reaper.

This week I start tapering off SUB again-I hope I can do this this time.
I have the same problem with my legs at times too. I take some aleve, potassium suppliments, and melatonin . It knocks me out and I sleep like a baby.
Next time I get hit with RLS I will try your recipe for sure, thanks!
Today I bought all three ingredients of your recipe. The real test will take place 2 days after I run completely out of suboxone. I'll let you know if it works for me!
UHUMMMM...
I am not acting like this is a compitition. I am sharing my experience with sub that is all. You share your experience and i'll share mine. I have seen sub be very helpful towards people and I have seen people go through the worst withdrawals anyone can imagine..
You share your experiences and i'll share mine. thats it and leave it alone. nAlso I do not wish to talk about methadone these threads are about suboxne and I am sharing my experience s with suboxne. I may have mentioned the word methadone once to answer a comment. But I am only intrested in sharing my suboxne experiences both the good ones and the bad ones
I am not posting stories. My roomates both of them were on sub for almost 5 months, tapered slowly and followed doctors instructions to the t and had horrible withdrawals and depression for weeks however sub has also helped a lot of people. If you jump off any addictive drug without tapering your withdrawals will be worse however people shoould not go on sub thinking they will defintly have no withdrawals. What if someone goes on sub thinking that and loses their job and cant get any more and has to jump off? They should know what they may be in stop for. Share your experencies and ill share mine and its as simple as that. talk about what you know personally. no need to comment on other peoples experiences when you were not there! And the people I am talking about took sub properly. and I am not telling people not to use sub I say uit can be very helpful. I share both the pros and cons. If you disagree with something you disagree and thats that. not everyone agrees all the time. Write your own posts and dont worry about mine.
People can get high off suboxone at a low dose.
I have done in the past.
these 2 threads are almost a year old, why dig them up?
Because I did not realise and its still a good thread.
If a topic is of interest to me then why shouldn't I?
just wanted to let anyone out there who is thinking of trying subs that I can't recommend it more. I refused to go to the doc to get subs for the three or four months because I didn't know if I could actually be able to get it right away in my area, if i went in the hefty 120 dollar fee just to see the doc not to mention the price of subs without insurance if you do get a prescription (which you very likely will in retrospect), and I refused this in the three or four months that I REALLY wanted off oc (had been abusing it a year and a half altogether). Don't be stupid like me I could have avoided those hellish last months much sooner.

I was on subs for about 6 months 16mg and went down to .5 mg. Last dose was about 40 hrs ago and although I don't feel great, my nightmarish experience with oc withdrawal (coming down from 130mg+ a day cold turkey) this has been a breeze, people who complain about it are usually people who didn't follow their doc's tapering plan or have only been through mild hydro wd and shouldn't have gone on subs in the first place. Any withdrawal ***** but some price must be paid even with an "easy" way, and I will gladly pay it.

Subs allowed me to get legal, gave me a six month free pass on withdrawals to get my **** in line. I have very little craving for my old drug of choice, and I was able to create a support system with my immediate family who I was deathly afraid to talk to before. I went from stealing lying and pawning back to who I was; or a tainted version of whatever that was. Without suboxone I've no doubt I'd have no other thought than my next fix, I'd be failing out of college or dropping out, any valuables would be pawned that i owned, and I'd probably have numerous legal problems; had a few very close calls as it was. I put that behind me, I was always a pretty good kid, that **** never belonged with me. I'm just glad I was fortunate enough to find out about subs when I did so I could stop having my life raped by something as meaningless as a drug---

Anyone who read this thanks for tolerating a rant, you never feel closer to people than you do when they've been through your pain...

Hang in there everyone
Ive been on suboxone for a yr! Used 8 mg stripes can anyone rec a dosage for coming down w the least side affects? I can only get the stripes thru my ins cant goto pill form..ty for any comments last night i tried half and owee brings me back to the old days of sweating and legpains no energy and an upset tummy..
thanks for your view point on this issue of suboxone curse or miracle? Ive been addicted to opiates for more yrs then I care to remember(15or more) Then I got started on suboxone which for me has helped alot Im not walking around like a zombie contrary my head is much more clear now and I dont have desire to use opiates. although my dr said I could be on this indefintly, this is so much better than opiates which were starting to f--- up my head. Ive been on it for about 18 mo this time and maybe close to 3 yrs total. As of yet i havent tryed to withdrawl from it so i dont know what that may be like but so far its helped tremendouslyd
I was out of rehab in 2006. I was only given 3 days of suboxone and never knew of it before that. I wasn't out of rehab long before the inevitable relapse... I found a Suboxone doctor who put me on the medication. At 1st i was amazed that i didn't even think about getting high anymore. Well to make a super long story short, i stayed on this med for over 7 YEARS! i was never told the effects it had on the body. Yes i didn't use. But i also had no real feelings at all anymore. I finally met another recovering addict who was also on the drug. Yes it is a drug. He said it was never meant to stay on that long and that every thing i suffered from ( depression,sleeping all the time, no real moods ect) was prob because of the subs. I came to my moms house in another state to withdraw from suboxone. I was so tired of relying ON MEDICATIONS....Here IS THE FUN PART. This was by far the hardest thing ever to kick. I had no health insurance and had to go to e.r. twice. its not just like having the flu for a few days. i wish that was the case! I never suffered from anxiety and boy let me tell you, it was horrid.. The r.l.s was the worst thing ever. I didn't not sleep for almost 6 days, until i went to e.r at 1 am and they shot me with ativan. And that didn't even put me down. I had to take two more k pins to knock myself out. I am 130 pound women. I am here to say this drug was worse then my original addiction to pain meds. It absolutely helped in rehab when i was only on it for 3 days, but seriously beware if you get on a sub maintenance program...I can honestly say it was one of the toughest things i have ever done. I am one month clean off all meds and i feel like a brand new person. I still cry a lot but ill take feeling anything. Its amazing what a numbing effect it had on my life. I no longer sleep a lot. I have energy. I laugh. I wish my doctor would have told me what this medication will do you....esp 7 years on this ****. I f you want out, see a doctor to get help. Clonidine was a life saver and some sleeping meds will help also. It does take a while to get out of you and feel like a human again. But i swear it was the best decision i made ever! Good luck. Anyone can do it.