Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Sleep Medication abuse...........want to give up

I got addicted to sleep medication for last 3 years, after I had Depression on 2008. Now I had to regularly take combination of Clonazepam and Mirtazapine and sometimes lorazapam(combination of 30mg Mirtazapine, 1mg Clonazepam and 4mg Ativan)  . Need help........... oh BTW for last 3 days iam trying to give all up only taking 15 mg Mirtazapine in a day before sleep. But also Iam feeeling horrible, how long it takes?
hi and welcome, you really do have to be careful when coming off benzos, it is very risky to do cold turkey. you need to see a Doctor and ask for a taper plan.Your doctor may put you on a different benzo for the purpose of coming off them,  you are on a few that arent that easy to come off, so some medical supervision is highly recommended, you can do this though and i wish you all the best.
Hi!  Definitely talk to a doctor!  You could be in real danger with this if you're not careful.  It's great that you are wanting to stop, but be safe, ok?