A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32.1k Members
425312 tn?1279966179

Sneezing

I was wondering, if through my sneezing, could the methadone get out of my body that way? sounds like a stupid question, but I sneezed a million times yesterday and woke up doing it. Day 20 though and proud of myself.....how are you Feohmoon?
13 Responses
269143 tn?1310795352
the sneezing is insane..the way i see it is if i keep sneezing,the wife knows i'm sobber......i'm worried about when it stops....she will suspect something.....when does it stop anyway...sneezing out methadone eh,,,,hmmm...you're not sneezing allyour blood out are ya..lol......congrads on 20
congrats on your day 20 ! you should be proud of yourself... I'm giggling at your sneezing fit, sorry... since I got clean I can't help but laugh alot... wondering if I'm going slowly nuts or forgetting that I was this way prior to the meds !! I don't think the methadone can get out of your body through sneezing but I can tell you that it's perfectly normal.. I sneezed and sneezed as well and I still have moments of sneezing bouts, so you're not alone Skippy !!! You'll see, so many more will comment on the sneezing - apparently it's normal !! Well done on your 20 days !! xoxoxox
417564 tn?1287982827
Sneezing is a big part of it....we have been sneezing a lot!
Hope you have a great day!
We feel pretty rough, but.......
401095 tn?1351391770
didnt see your post...having same problem and just posted!   sorry
425312 tn?1279966179
No blood....yet.lol  I heard that it gets stored in your lungs too. Is that true? Thanks opi and lost it has been a terrible ride and can't wait to get off this roller coaster.....but i just can't believe in 10 years time this is the first time I have not been all fogged up on some kinda evil drug.....
390416 tn?1275185087
Sneeze away skippy. I don't think you are getting rid of meth that way....
sneezing is a result of  irritation to the mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract...I think it is getting rid of all the dust that  has accumulated in our brain while we were using.... LOL
269143 tn?1310795352
i need to clean my screen.......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhchspew...........my bud was over and i sneezed 16 times in a row.....he was ready to take me to the hospital.....just as i started to explain 9 more came out.........i just told him i am allergic to him and he best get out
425312 tn?1279966179
lol....I think I am allergic to myself....someathin's gotta give geesh.
how about the constant yawning with no or very little sleep?
425312 tn?1279966179
I know all too well about that too. The yawing is subsiding, but the sneezing is just starting at day 20? You would think not. Sleep is coming slowly, am able to sleep for at least 6-7 hours now, with waking up 1-2 times. Melatonin is helping a lot also calms forte is working on my nervousness. How r u?
6-7 hours....you are a very lucky one.  calms helps the rls i have heard?   i am ok i guess...still stuck in this limbo of a life i have.......big decisions coming but not quite ready for it yet.  i know what has to happen but i am getting my ducks in a row first.  i have a six month plan.  i think that is enough time to plan my escape.
AAAAACCCCCHHHHOOOOOOO. Oh excuse me I had to sneeze. What were you saying. LOL
228936 tn?1249094248
No the histmine reflex has been so surpressed (as well as other systems), that it's just trying to re-adjust. One x methadonian once said that the sneezing is a good sign that it will end soon."Methadone, there's no future in it" all the best
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.