So, this is really hard for me...

to come on this forum to let you all know. Last Friday morning I suffered a small stroke while siting at this very same cpu desk. I have a slight vision setback along with a terrible headache with bad dizziness. I've tried so very hard to do the right thing only to be bit on my butt several times now. My anxiety level is through the roof. I cannot see how I will get through this. Thanks to all of you for the support. ike
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
They tell me only that it was a left side cerebral rim?? (spelling)  Been to the doctors all day after spending days in the hospital.  I should get back most of my vision. Balance is way off though.

I am scared and not afraid to admit it. It could have been a lot worse. It has made my recovery that much harder. I could really go for an Adivan or three. After all is said and done, I have to finish what I started in recovery for my family. Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers. I'll keep reading and learning.  ike
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
So sorry to hear about your stroke.  I hope you start to feel better~
Helpful - 0
So sorry to hear this!!

Hopefully, you're being followed closely by your doctor?  Did they say what kind of stroke, and what the cause was?

You're in my thoughts and prayers, hang in there!
Helpful - 0
So sorry to hear about your stroke. I am praying for you.
Helpful - 0
Hey dude im so sory to here about your stroke life can really throw some curve balls at you....about 5 weeks ago I had 3 seizures in 2 weeks and it has effected my vision badly... I work on computers at work and at times I cant even see the bold print I have been to a eye doctor and he did a bunch of testing and said there is nothing wrong with my eyes  my vision goes from eye to eye and he said that is a visual cortex condition and to see a nerlgist any way I understand the problem's you are having and it can be scary...  just know we will get threw this keep posting for support..........Gnarly
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community