Aa
A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32.1k Members

Stuck In The Thought Process Of An Addict

iv been an addict for 8 yrs. started wit oxycontin then went to heroin an now been on a methodone clinic for 4 yrs! i WAS on 120mg n now im d0wn to 70mg. My prob is that i cant completly stay away from heroin,i still crave no matter how much i raise my dose! when i get money its like im brainwashed to buy heroin,i cant bring myself to buy anythng REAL from a store etc. its like when ppl say "hes a dry drunk" its like that with me except its heroin not alcohol. its got me so depressed i wana give up!&name=criminal
10 Responses
169037 tn?1212557647
I AM YOU... BEEN EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE, AND WILL HELP IF YOU'D LIKE- I AM MED STDNT DROP OUT AND NOW DOING CLINICALS IN ADDICTIVE DISEASES...
1) METHADONE IS WAY MORE POTENT THAN HERIONJ
i thought the methodone was suppose to STOP the cravings for heroin. i mean i dont get dope sick but i crave REALY bad n im ALWAYZ thinkn about getn high. i only use about once a week but the point is i want to stop COMPLETLY! i realy do want to buy clothing etc etc..but its like somthing takes over and im a robot or slave to buying the dope. im so tired of it so depressed n hopless after 4yrz of bein on methodone with counseling n yet i still give in to the craving. its like im on auto pilot.
169037 tn?1212557647
I AM YOU... BEEN EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE, AND WILL HELP IF YOU'D LIKE- I AM MED STDNT DROP OUT AND NOW DOING CLINICALS IN ADDICTIVE DISEASES...
1) METHADONE IS WAY MORE POTENT THAN HERIONJ
Look Sobriety, you may think you know that methadone is more potent. But the fact of the matter is that all scientific studies done have shown that methadone is actually 1 class step lower than heroin. Sure, the withdraws last longer, but they are far less horrible than the withdraw from heroin. Maybe you should do a little more studying besore offering advice. I myself am a recovering heroin addict who now takes the methadone. I can tell you from personal experiance what the difference is.
And criminal, i have been off heroin for about 4 yrs. I am srry to say that i don't think we ever stop craving it. You just have to learn to stay away. It sucks, but don't give up. If that happens, then what was the point of quitting in the first place. Look how hard you worked till now. Do you really want to throw that away?
im no junkie..im an addict. anyway i have withdrew from heroin,oxycontin and methodone before only to relapse again. i have feel that methodone withdrawrals got me ALOT more sick for ALOT longer than heroin or oxy ever did. iv even tried suboxone wich was a disaster!! cuz my doctor gave it to me wen i was on 120mg of methodone!! needless to say it threw me into FULL withdrawalz n i ended up in the emergency room with doctor fighting to get my blood pressure down! im just so sick n tired of  it all...
What time was your last hit of WHATEVER... ??

Kinda makes it stand out like SOBRIETY.... HUH?

I don't normally let someone like you making remarks like this get to me... but there are sincere people here who want their lives back and going through hell.

175363 tn?1200946321
Don't let a punk like that ruffle your beautiful feathers. Gipsee, you are a wonderful, gorgeous person, female I'm guessin, and have a much better attitude than that punk. Someone parents weren't lookin' and faifai got on and had a spot of fun. As ignorant as it seems what comes around goes around, and faifai's life moto will end up biting faifai in the ***. while you continue to be beautiful and flourish in you sobriety. We are all shedding an ugly side of ourselves, and quite passionately i may add. If we can turn our backs on our ugly addictions we can certainly ignore a miserable little puke like faifai. Agreed?
~Lisa
i have come a long way d0wn a REAL hard road and i do want to succeed but its the "addict thought process" that i just cant get past. i just feel like iv came to a brick wall in my recovery n im stuck rite here spinning my wheels..i also still have that out of control feeling. anyway none of my family/friends know i still give in and use a few times a month (except for one long time friend that i told).
I don't know if this will help but worth a try.  There is a book called Addictive Thinking.  Very easy read and talks about behaviors and how we need to change that and not just stay sober...i have read and reread the book and it is an easy read...just wish there were easy answers...try it and see what you think.  I have seen this book in book stores and on ebay and amazon...Addiction is about believing lies as well and you may have to go back to your "roots" and family of origin and do some searching.  THe book is called "Addictive THinking-understanding self deception" by Abraham J. Twerski, M.D.  It isn't a cure but sure is an eye opener and may lead to other venues for you to explore...good luck
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.