Too much sleepiness

For the last 2 days I have been so sleepy, I can barely function. I've been off hydrocodone for 7 days now, through medical detox. I felt fine when I left the hospital. I was able to have a sesssion with my addiction counselor and find a doctor who put me on zoloft, as I have a depression and anxiety disorder. After  I took the Zoloft, I became very sleepy and totally lost my appetite. He switched me today to Celexa. I haven't taken any yet. Could the problems I'm having be from going off the hydros or taking the antidepressants? Maybe a combination of both?

This discussion is related to Forum Guidelines - Please read before Posting.
its completely normal .Exercise helps get your body back on track .Sometimes a antidepressant can make you sleepy but it usually goes in a few weeks . Take your vitamins too and eat well it all helps ..
When my doctor put me on zoloft, I was falling asleep at my desk while at work.  That is a huge side effect....a long with, dry mouth and sexual dysfunction.  It should pass soon.....it could last 2 weeks or 2 months, but hopefully by the time you notice it starting to work for your depression it won't be making you sleepy any more....my sleepiness lasted for about 2 weeks and then it pretty much stopped....also, the time of day you take it makes an impact also....try taking it at a different time....that really made no difference for me, but for many people it helps.
Thanks for your comments. Every little bit of info. I can get helps sp much. I'm 9 days clean now and other than this fatigue and lack of appetite, I feel pretty good. I take a lot of walks, run errands, do housework, etc. It's hard when you feel so tired, but necessary. I wan't sure if it was the Celesa (they switched me from Zoloft) or coming off the hydro's. Maybe a combination?
Whoops, not Celesa, it's Celexa.
It is good to hear that you are doing so well.  I am happy for you!
I really appreciate all the support you've given me. I'm glad you're doing well, also. I hope to keep in touch with you, as you inspire me to do the what I need to do.
Thanks so much for the encouragement! I go back to work tomorrow. A little nervous about that. Got a lot of catching up to do. But I'm sure I'll be just fine. Got to think positive, right?