Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

Trazodone

Has anyone tried trazodone for sleep while detoxing? I also have Melatonin that I took last night. Relaxed me a bit but didnt quite put me to sleep.
I tried trazodone when I first started detoxing........it actually made me wired and kept me awake.  I take Melatonin and Valerian at night....it really helps.  I also read at night...it gets my mind off of things and relaxes me enough to fall asleep.  I don't sleep a lot..usually about 4-5 hours a night...but it seems to be all I need anymore.  When I was taking pills, I would sleep 10 hours a night!  
I still get real bad RLS at night and the Valerian seems to help that.
Hope this helps a little!
Kristen
COMMUNITY LEADER
Good post Jebs!!  Sleep is always hard to come by early in wd but it does come back so keep hanging in there.........sara
I'm 21 days off methadone and can ONLY sleep at night with Trazadone. I've heard it dosen't work well for some people but for me it's been extremely helpful. I sleep all night every night. If not for Trazadone I would be going out of my mind!!
I kow it is probably not the best but xanax has helped me through the sleeping crap.  Ambian did nothing for me but xanax has helped.  I know it is replacing another drug but I jus want to sleep and get those friggin opaites out of me!!!
I used them the first few days of my withdrawal. Try not to unless you REALLY can't sleep. Good luck!
I've only been taking Clonazepam for a couple of week - half a pill at night because I was having anxiety attacks - along with a new course of Fluoxetine daily.  I have been feeling pretty good.  Last night, as per my doctor's instructions, I switch from Clonazepam to Tradazone and this morning I feel like HELL.  I feel like I have the worst hang over ever (and I am a recovering alcoholic - I can't remember the last time I had a hang over)  This is terrible. I have now read too many posts about the hang-over effect from Tradazone and I am hoping it's the usual internet-info over-kill. I hope this doesn't last.  Could it be I am simply detoxing from Clonazepam?