Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members

UPDATE-9 DAYS 23 HOURS

Well i am entering my 11th day from 55mgs vics day  3+ years

still sneezing...lethargic...im getting some urgese but nothing huge.....heres whats plaguing me right now.....IM UNMOTIVATED!

NO MOTIVATION TO DO ANYTHING AND I CANNOT FUNCTION AT WORK  AND IM A SALESMAN THT WORKS OFF COMISSION!

I DONT KNOW ANYMORE.....I KNOW THAT I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO PILLS, BUT I JUST DONT SEE LIGHT AT THE END OF THIS TUNNEL FOR ME!
It will come. Little by little. The lack of energy was hard for me too. Its the last thing to come back. Just keep doing what you're doing. You'll be happy that you did. Its hard but try to exercise. I'm sure you're doing that but it does help.

By my third week I wasn't at 100% by I had a lot more energy. Just take your vitamins, aminos, eat well and you WILL get better. You'll see a difference in energy soon.

Good luck!
Melissa
bull- weren't you the one who posted out here earlier about the Hi-Energy Vitamins?  I'm probably wrong, but I remember reading a post from someone who used the vitamins and I had gone out and bought some and between the vitamins and the L-Tyrosine it was not as bad as without them.
I can totally relate right now I'm on day 8....I have zero motivation and I'm very depressed. I don't even feel like speaking whatsoever. And I answer the phones at my job. It *****...I wish I knew how to help but I do not b/c I am in your shoes....All I can do is to pray for you and me to get through it soon.
No that wasnt me who posted about vitamins, although i do recall reading tht post as well......i am drinking vitamin waters, and taking mens once a day vitamins.....lots of water/orange juice
Well, I went to the local health food store- I purchased Alive Energizer with all the daily vitamins and minerals plus ingredients for energy.  I have a 50 hour a week job, four kids and one seemingly crisis after another- but I can tell you there is no option for me to ever miss a day of work, or not cook a dinner or do a load of laundry- And you are on DAY 9- I concur with every person on here who has said that each person is different and reacts differently- and speaking from experience- I can confirm that after 4 months the energy level never, ever returned for me personally- now I do take into consideration I am over 40 and I account for that- but I can tell you that exercise and water along with L-Tyrosine and multi-vitamins are the ONLY thing that keeps everything still going for me- But the demotivation is (in my humble opinion) the depression that was masked by the drugs.  No drugs and now the fog has lifted and you aren't motivated to do anything- lack of motivation can be a sign of depression- but I'm not an expert and everyone's body is different-
But if it makes you feel any better- I have followed your story- I especially rolled on the floor with the one you posted after you got that call from the Dr. and told him what to do with his script.....now that takes WILLPOWER and MOTIVATION to succeed in your endeavors.....so you are inspiring to many and your honesty just bowls me over.....I hope and pray you hang in there.  One last comment- didn't you like flush 300 down the toilet????  Talk about motivation- give yourself some credit and pat yourself on the back.
i cannot find the L-tyrosine. does it come under another name?
No- it is L-Tyrosine- it's part of the Thomas Recipe, but I only use the L-Tyrosine part of it.
it will get better....it does take a while...But to be honest i know i never got back that energy...But keep in mind it is false energy which made us keep taking them...That is why alot of people say "what is normal" i think we forget from all the pills...after a couple months i felt normal, and a sort of peace...I realize i didn't have to have a spotless house, or try to be super women...Just take it a little at a time...Excercise ( walking) is the only thing that helped me sooner, and thought i couldn't do it...but once i did , i was so glad...
Then after realizing that i wasn't counting pills to go somewhere, plan vaction, etc....That also gave me peace, and i realized how much time and energy i wasted on the chase...Things will get better, it just takes time
Wishing u luck!!!
r2r
L-Tyrosine is fairly common. Any Health foods store will have it. SamE works really well for depression too.
heres the thing....when i was on vics it never gave me energy!  it turned me into a lump of lazy sht...BUT...i was able to function and PARTIALLY motivated......i think it wa sbc i was motivated to get thur the time for my next dose...idk.....

All i do know is that i feel like cracking BIG TIME!  

I AM DYING (screaming)  for a vicodin!

BUT..........I AM A MAN OF MY WORD AND RATHER DIVE HEAD 1ST INTO A TRUCK THAN POP ANOTHER PILL....

I just got back from my walk and the whole time i was thinking about popping a vicodin!    my mind just wont let it go!  

MUTHAFCK!

PS: YES THT WAS ME WHO FLUSHD MY STASH
IM BORED!

BORED!

BORED!

BORED!

Sobriety is Noble and Respectful, but just flat out BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

"look at the time....6:45pm  lucky me i have 3 booring hours this evening of watching tv with my family to look foward to...yayyyy for me"
Bull--do you feel ANY better than yesterday. I didn't have siesures this morning from Xanax w/ds--Hang in there