Vicki595 is celebrating 6 months today!!!!!

What a wonderful way to kick off the weekend!

Vicki, you have been such a great help to me and you are someone I lean on. I am so very proud of you lady for what you have accomplished and how you give yourself so freely here to help others. I am proud to call you friend.

You were a welcome addition to this community and I know the members appreciate you. I hope you stick around for a long time (if you don't, I will hunt you down and shoot you).

Enjoy your day and do something nice for yourself (jewelry is good)!

Big Hugs........................

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It's a good thing you have friends Vicki because I am not exactly "Best Seller Material" I mean well but have a hard time on paper. Apparently others can express themselves in the written word.

I will say this though...I have begun wearing "depends" since I met you. I could always hold it until I was subject to your "flavorful" sense of humor. Stay true to yourself. Love ya girl!
Helpful - 0
I am not going to sing to you again!!! That was private lol!

You have added so much to this site. MH is a better place because you are here!

Congards on all your clean time.

Love Ya,

Terry
Helpful - 0
Congratulations Vicki,6 months WOW you are an inspiration to many.

Keep it going girl you rock

Denise
Helpful - 0
Whoo Hoo 6 months Vicki !! I'm so happy for you and Thank you for your contribution to the forum :) warmly lesa
Helpful - 0
Reading this thread brought tears to my eyes. Vicky congrats on 6 months!! What an accomplishment!! I'm just starting my journey and wonder how long it took for you to feel normal again? Do you go to NA or a counsellor? Just curious. Congrats and thanks for inspiring me :)
Helpful - 0
Back-2-life ~  How long until I felt normal? Honestly, I had to find a "new normal". I was addicted to those pills for 30 years(since I was a teenager) and really had no idea what to expect!    I had to taper (I was hooked on barbiturates only) and stopped in Nov. 2009.  I relapsed in April 2010 and then got really serious because relapse was awful!!

It took about two months to feel REALLY good. As though nothing had ever happened.
I see a therapist, I have a life coach who is like a sponsor, I have my doctor,my beautiful family,my volunteer work.  I swim as much as I can.  I needed it ALL.  This just will not work without support!  Good luck and I'll help you as much as I can;just ask!

xo
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community