Vicodin trouble

I am 40 year old writer and word processor.  I have used opiates for about two decades, but I stopped using any "street" ones after having a child 3 years ago.  The problem is that my dependency on vicodin is very severe.  I actually have back pain so I can obtain the es vicodin from my doctor occasionally.  But I can also purchase them black market easily, which I have been doing constantly for the last year and a half.  I started taking Vicodins to stop doing Percocets and Dilaudid.  I have used Percocet on and off since 1983.  When I had dental trouble early this year, I had access to about 200 Lorcet and Vicodin in one month.  Legitimately.  Otherwise I can purchase anything on the black market very easily.  

The problem is that my dependency builds and I become very difficult and horrible to be around when I try to space the doses.  When I take the drug at first I function fine and am able to   I usually build up to about 7 vicodin es a day and then have to stop cold turkey (2 in the daytime, about 4-5 at night).  The stop/start happens a lot, even with so-called occasional recreational "weekend use".  It is shattering me the cold turkey.  There are periods where I use narcotics about a 4-6 weeks (vicodin and lately oxycontin) then I have to stop and it is so shattering.  

Many years ago I tried NA and it doesn't work for me.  I also do not want to be put on shrink meds by a psychiatrist. What am I doing to myself medically?  Because of life circumstances I don't see myself being able to stop soon.  What is happening and what can I do?
Damn, I wish I had their phone number myself sometimes.

Yes, in fact you are correct, I found out yesterday the SSRI's can be taken withn Neurontin. My old Psych doc had told me the other story. I guess she did not check and I believed her. My new Doc said it would be fine so I am going to try the Celexa again.

Actually, I quite enjoy the jungle. I go there every weekend to collect rare plants. So, to answer your question, "no,it is not lonely out there. Besides, if it was lonely, I would bring my new dog I found several months ago. Animals are much better company than humans I have found for the most part.

Attention, I think you are over inflating your own ego. Talking to a bunch of drug addicts and alcoholics is only one way to get express my feelings. Iy certainly doesn't provide for much entertainment. Why waste time on an addiction forum for attention with people that don't even know who you are? or even your real name? If I want attention I would just simply babble at an A.A. meeting. I have gotten all the attention I need in fact I wish my name was not known on this island. I hate being known by most because than you have to act normal when you feel like acting like a total lunatic, such as cussing someone pushy in a store, or on the road, etc.

I already had my 15 minutes of notoriety over and over on the learning and discovery channels and got sick to death of it. I am a loner and I like to keep it that way.

So Kaylin, or Brian? I don't think your psychiatric evaluations are correct. As far as the enteries, I have no idea how that happened. If you know what button on the computer triggers that please let me know because I type fast and may hit something accidently. Sorry for the repetitious posts. If I was a hacker, I would have simply deleted all but one of them.
well ive taken alot of pain killers before probably more than 7 a day and i quit takening them instantly when i found out i could get liver cancer and all sorts of diseases and i suggest u do the same u just have to tell ur self that it's all brain drugs its not reality and just dont be around them dont even think about them do what u have most fun doing besisdes pk's because i know they r fun.u will start doin other things like smoking ciggarettes if not already, and other canceris things i took 14 pk's called somas and it was fun but the next day i couldnt talk i could barley think at all

good luck

good luck

good luck

good luck

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community