A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members
1244499 tn?1397549123

Well, getting off the pills. But.....

I'm seeing an addiction doctor. He wants me to have a sponsor, go to a lot of meetings each week, learn about the disease. That's all fine and everything, but I have severe social phobia. Even thinking about going to meetings causes me to have an anxiety attack. Anyway, I live in northern Idaho, a small town called Sagle. I really need a sponsor. I  have no problems talking over the internet, text messaging, heck even phone calls are okay. It's just the groups.

So, if anyone out there wants to be my sponsor, send me a message and we'll see if it can work. I don't care about long distance sponsoring at this point, I just need someone to talk to. Both guys and gals are welcome to message me, what matters most is if I feel comfortable talking to you. I will also be a temporary sponsor for anyone else that is in my position, so in any case, just send me a private message!
3 Responses
4522800 tn?1470329434
You are my Neighbor!! I will PM you right now..I am usually a sleep at this time but God works his miracles..I will take you to the meetings.

Vickie
Well you have got a good one !!!
Vic will steer you in the right direction.
Shes a true asset on this forum.
Good luck : )
yah got the social phobia. i used to go to na meetings. i was scared but had my girlfriends sister with me. beating this in my mind is much easier when not doing it alone. actually she forced me to go. im glad i did
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.