A
A
A
Close
Addiction: Substance Abuse Community
32k Members
2107676 tn?1388977459

What do you do for Cravings?

Just wondering what people have found works the best for getting through the cravings.  They come out of nowhere and get your mind working.  
50 Responses
1416133 tn?1351126817
DISTRACTIONS.  Movies, playing with my dog, going for a walk, doing a load of laundry, cleaning my closet, working, calling a friend, surfing the web, post (a lot) - anything will do.  Just DO something.  The cravings never leave for good but they subside with time and the stronger you continue to feel, the more tolerable they become.  One day at a time - thinking like that made it possible to succeed.  I would tell myself all I have to do is stay clean for TODAY.
2083449 tn?1381358308
I eat a lot of chocolate! Seriously! I needed to put a few pounds back on after my detox though! Now, I can't seem to stop! Yikes!
2083449 tn?1381358308
I eat a lot of chocolate! Seriously! I needed to put a few pounds back on after my detox though! Now, I can't seem to stop! Yikes!
You're doing awesome, just tell yourself that's the devil trying to tempt you and tell your mind to shut the 'f' up, works for me. May be silly, but it passes and you can't let him win! Hugs
1416133 tn?1351126817
And by succeed, I mean I'm clean for today.  That's it - just today.  And soon you're thinking like that every day and it's easier because it becomes more comfortable.  Changing behavior, no matter what it is, takes time and pratice to begin to feel normal to us.  At least, that's how it's been for me.  :)
2083449 tn?1381358308
Not sure why that posted twice! Sorry, too much chocolate perhaps! ;)
Agree with Sunrissa chocolate definitely helps.. but now I have to tell myself chocolate is the devil too cause i can't stop!
1416133 tn?1351126817
OK chocolate is good too.... LOL (great actually!)
2107676 tn?1388977459
Gee there are lots of votes for chocolate.  I am going to stock up and we can all go to overeaters anonymous later.
I phoned my mother and that really helped.  She is one of the biggest reasons that I felt so guilty every time I took a pill.  She has been so supportive.  I didn't tell her I was craving but just talking and laughing with her helped it pass.
2218783 tn?1357574681
stay busy it comes in waves I started reading and joined LA Fitness and just started new routines new habitats but good ones. Positive ones.  I also enjoy watching Movies do you have NETFLIX you should its great and only 10$ a month unlimited lots of movies and TV shows   and yes of course my #1 answer going on walks <3
2218783 tn?1357574681
I definitely like the Chocolate idea though :)
2218783 tn?1357574681
I wished we all lived in same Town It would be so great! when I win lottery I will buy Island and will invite u all to move there :) we can eat chocolate and exercise and watch movies and just chat! Go swimming with our own Personal trainers that Look like Chippendale guys LOL
Have an Answer?
Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333897642
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.